Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French took cocaine before hospitalised

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Dr. Hesselius

Attempting to suggest that taking dugs is morally wrong is, IMO, idiotic.

Well, suggesting that there is absolutely no such case is even more idiotic.

In my opinion, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Romero wrote: »
    but if you don't help someone or deny them medical attention when very obviously she was extremely unwell, then I would class that as a crime.

Crime maybe, not manslaughter. There's a new law in certain US states whereby if someone dies from drug use, the supplier can be charged with murder. Crazy IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

It is such a shame she passed away like this.
    Myself I see more and more people taking coca in Dublin.
    The IFSC for example is full of addicts. Solicitors, consultants, seen many of them.

Unfortunately with the raise of serious money holders in Dublin and the fact they are discovering how to experiment new stuffs with their new big wallets, I believe these issues are not gonna get away soon. I do believe this is gonna be worse and worse. And whatever the Garda does, if somebody wants coca, they will get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Mister Sifter

drdre wrote: »
    Yes agreed, With the 2 guys in the country in ICU, When i heard of Katy i thought the same has happened to her.Bloody drug dealers should be put in jail or killed.

no drug takers, no drug dealers. simple. it's a vicious circle, but anyone who takes drugs is a cog in the whole machine.

• No anti-drug laws, no dealers. Simple. Anyone who opposes the legalisation of certain drugs is a cog in the whole machine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Dr. Hesselius

No anti-drug laws, no dealers. Simple. Anyone who opposes the legalisation of certain drugs is a cog in the whole machine.

Possession of cocaine cannot be legalised in Ireland since Ireland is a signatory to the single convention on narcotic drugs. Indeed, without a unilateral withdrawal from the convention (and all other associated and dependent agreements), practically no country can legalise cocaine possession.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Back on topic please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

ang wrote: »

Also, i read in the Irish Mirror today that dozens of photographers who charted Katy's rise to stardom will form a guard of honour at her funeral and lay down their cameras as the coffin is taken to its final resting place.

LoL,you are joking right? Its pretty obvious that its not the nation that is in mourning but the media. They've lost someone they can get easy sensationalist stories out of. Maybe with Katy gone they can get to reporting actual news........and I dont mean that in a offensive way,I respect that someon has died but her death has completly highlighted the warped proprities of the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭seanabc

Also, i read in the Irish Mirror today that dozens of photographers who charted Katy's rise to stardom will form a guard of honour at her funeral and lay down their cameras as the coffin is taken to its final resting place.

LoL,you are joking right? Its pretty obvious that its not the nation that is in mourning but the media. They've lost someone they can get easy sensationalist stories out of. Maybe with Katy gone they can get to reporting actual news........and I dont mean that in a offensive way,I respect that someon has died but her death has completly highlighted the warped proprities of the media.

I had the same reaction when I read this but apparently it really was written in the Irish Mirror and in that sense can be said to be true. Of course that doesn't really mean that it is true but that's what's been reported anyway.

It sounds like such a ridicilious thing to do. The fashion photographers are so up themselves that they seem to think that they're performing some wonderful national service with their cameras.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Pete4779

TelePaul wrote: »
    Crime maybe, not manslaughter. There's a new law in certain US states whereby if someone dies from drug use, the supplier can be charged with murder. Crazy IMO.

What's so crazy about it? If someone dies from a drug prescribed by a doctor or gets side effects then the doctor and company are brought up on it pretty quickly.

Why should illegal drugs be left unregulated in this regard? If you get Aspirin from your doctor and die from it the doctor would be held responsible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭Barlow07

mick.fr wrote: »
    It is such a shame she passed away like this.
    Myself I see more and more people taking coca in Dublin.

I admit i've being to many house partys and partys in general where people where more interested in cocaine then alcohol itself. I was shcoked to hear about katy French passing away. I've read the stories in the papers and on the web. They say she was brain dead before she arrived at hospital, if this is true then one explanation is that she had a heart attact like everyone has said and stopped breathing and that itself would stop oxygen getting to her brain. There are two reasons this would happen, one she had a heart condition unknown to herself or it was drugs that she being taking.

Its a sad state of affairs that when someone as high profile as her dies from a ( suspected drugs overdoes ) It gets the media attention it has to publise the effects drugs is having on people lives. I've seeing as i said above many people take the drug and not get affected medically or suffer in the way katy has. I dont think have the country realise how easy cocaine is to get now of days and how many people are using and taking the drug. I can bet in the couple of months this will all be forgotten about until the next hight roller suffers the same fate. The end of day known is held down and forced to take drugs and they know the effects this could have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Romero wrote: »
    Davison & Gilson, I never liked them and now they are playing up as if they were best mates of Katy, very two faced, I'd say they are delighted as they'll get more gigs now poor Katy is out of the way.
    Wasn't there some sort of "feud" going on between Glenda and Katy...?
    Romero wrote:
    but if you don't help someone or deny them medical attention when very obviously she was extremely unwell, then I would class that as a crime.
    A "crime"? That's a bit harsh. If you saw someone passed out from drinking on a Saturday night and you didn't help them and you heard they died later, do you think you'd be deserving of a prison sentence?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

A friend of mine was telling me that in the Life section of the Sunday Indo today there was an article giving a review of 2007 and wondering what 2008 will hold in store for Katy French. In addition Brendan O'Connor complains about "attention-seeking minor celebs" that "admit to having a coke addiction.

I was down in my parents house today and they had the Sunday Indo but they never got a magazine with it for some reason..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭MiniD

Has anybody noticed the Sunday Independent had no Life Magazine today?

Apparently there was something nasty about Katie in it. It seemed to be missing from late copies of the paper.

In addition Brendan O'Connor complains about "attention-seeking minor celebs" that "admit to having a coke addiction.

I was reading in the Tribune today about he was one of her best friends! It's a small world. A cruel one too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭MiniD

Wow, there's timing Gazzer. Isn't it funny how one part of the Sunday Independent criticises The Daily Mail for their reporting and then does exactly the same thing in a different part of theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

MiniD.. great minds think alike :D It just shows what a rag the Sunday Indo is.. I am always telling my parents not to buy it but they wont listen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭walt0r

Well, you got what you wanted, Katy. You're on the front of every rag in the country over the last few days. I hope it was worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,055 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Some absolute gems in this thread. Some people really like to spout ****e on subjects they know nothing about don't they ?
    Yes agreed, With the 2 guys in the country in ICU, When i heard of Katy i thought the same has happened to her.Bloody drug dealers should be put in jail or killed.

Yeah, great solution there chief. IF the cocaine was what caused her death, which is completely unknown at this stage she was the one that bought and took it. He didn't put the cocaine up her nose.

Did you know that Dr.Dre (Andre Young) , the guy you named yourself after, was a drug dealer throughout his teens ? Should he have been killed ?
    drdre wrote:
    I wouldnt agree to that, there are pushers out there that want to make the money so they will push anything to these type of people.

Oh yeah ? Where did you get that nugget of wisdom ? Are these drug pushers the same people that hang around outside schools selling acid to kids ? Drug pushers don't really exist to the level that the media would like you to believe. Whoever sold her the drugs was most likely a friend. I would say they were at the party with her. The coke wouldn't have been forced or pushed on her.
    panda100 wrote: »
    People use cocaine and other drugs for one simple reason.....to escape reality.Its so abundant in the krystle/xpose Irish celeb scene cos its a social scence that is based on such ridiculous superficaility. One day your flavour of the month,the next your nobody and models such as Katy are always going to have a younger,better looking more controversial model just behind them. Its no wonder those in that sort of environment have to turn to turn to drugs to escape the intense superfiiciality that surrounds them everywhere. I really hope that Katys death isnt glamourised like so many young,beautiful ,celebrity deaths are.I hope that the press dont start blaming drug dealers etc on the massive problem with drugs in Ireland. Instead they should take a look at society and what is making a whole generation of young Irish people who would seem to have evrything to live for to turn to drugs such as cocaine?

This post takes the biscuit as the most idiotic of the month though. Did you read this in the RTE guide or something ? People take drugs because they enjoy the effects and usually they will have a better time/night. Its the same reason people drink when they go out, for the effects of the alcohol.

I can see it now. Katy French flicking through a magazine and realizes shes no longer number one. "omgz give me some cocaine, I need to escape realityz"
    You must be a drug dealer trying to promote drugs.

Promoting drugz through the interwebz is mega effectivez!

Heh, Sindo in trouble again. God I love when that happens.
    gazzer wrote: »
    I am always telling my parents not to buy it but they wont listen.
    Snap. And my parents even agree it's shyte but they probably find it a hard habit to break. In fairness they bought the Tribune today due to my practically getting down on my knees and begging them not to buy the Sindo.

As for what that prick Brendan O'Connor says... who cares?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

MiniD wrote: »
    Has anybody noticed the Sunday Independent had no Life Magazine today?

Apparently there was something nasty about Katie in it. It seemed to be missing from late copies of the paper.

LOL :D Isnt a newspaper meant to have an editor....wh, eh, reads what has been submitted and edits any crap?

As I had said previously, it is like estebancambias posts, and is not meant to be taken seriously in any circumstances.

My housemate buys that bile, but today she unfortuanately got the Tribune. Really wanted to see the coverage. Honestly though, is there no pride in the place? I would personally be embarrased to be associated with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

ang wrote: »
    How quickly the tragic can become the surreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

In addition Brendan O'Connor complains about "attention-seeking minor celebs"

Ho Ho and thrice Ho ('tis the season after all). BO'C complaining about minor celebs....

the ironing is delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

gazzer wrote: »
    A friend of mine was telling me that in the Life section of the Sunday Indo today there was an article giving a review of 2007 and wondering what 2008 will hold in store for Katy French.

A big white fluffy cloud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭steveone

bloody disgrace that there was government representation at that funeral. cocaine cocktails for god's sake... talk about not having to do anything to be a celebrity, you don't even have to die honorably to get the taoiseach's representative at your funeral.. will he go to the grave of the next homeless junkie that dies in james's FFS

Yeah, why exactly was there a Bertie rep?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I'm sure at some point over the last year or two they were at a function together.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

actually, Bertie sends a rep to almost every untimely death funeral in his constituency.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Unless my geography is way off, Enniskerry isn't in the Dublin consituency that Bertie represents what with it being in Wicklow and all. I've no problem with a rep of the Taoiseach/President whatever attending such a funeral as long as other tragic deaths are also given as much respect.

• Advertisement

Yeah, why exactly was there a Bertie rep?

Politicians are media junkies too, always chasing the camera. That's the nature of the business.

Advertisement