Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Three arrests in Katy French investigation

• 20-02-2008 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0220/frenchk.html

Wonder if any 'personalities' are involved...
    I heard a rumour months ago it was involving a 'high profile' RTE person, interesting.
    Maybe her family will find some peace now. After we all go to town on it of course!;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

yeah the 'high profile' rte person im thinking is a certain 'star' nudge nudge

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Careful now. No crazy-ass allegations naming anyone, mmmkay?

Thread title edited to make it a little clearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭KazDub

Slightly off topic:
    What were the reports about Andrea Roche getting death threats about?
    Anyone know?

there were rumours flying about in sunday papers about her the poor girl is grieving for her friend like she doesnt need that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 ballymary

im abroad for the year...i heard this model died...but thought it was drugs...so why they arresting other people?? d

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭RuailleBuaille

ballymary wrote: »
    im abroad for the year...i heard this model died...but thought it was drugs...so why they arresting other people?? d

I'm thinking (and this is just my take on it) that one/ two will be done for supplying her and one will be done for not assisting her when she started the seizures? Not sure though but it'll be along those lines (pardon the pun) I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 ballymary

i see...thanx for that...id never even heard of her before it...its not like she was a major superstar like glenda or anything!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

ballymary wrote: »
    ..so why they arresting other people?? d
    Because she was a model and in the papers, so they have to be seen to be doing something, hunting down the animals who murdered her i.e. her mates she got it from, who had no intention of harming her.

You can bet your life the gardai are not trying to hunt down the suppliers of any of the "nobodies" who died recently from alleged cocaine related deaths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭jady88

I heard a rumour months ago it was involving a 'high profile' RTE person, interesting.
    Maybe her family will find some peace now. After we all go to town on it of course!;)

I think any chance of peace would be somewhat disturbed by all the rumours no?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

rubadub wrote: »
    Because she was a model and in the papers, so they have to be seen to be doing something, hunting down the animals who murdered her i.e. her mates she got it from, who had no intention of harming her.

You can bet your life the gardai are not trying to hunt down the suppliers of any of the "nobodies" who died recently from alleged cocaine related deaths.

Took the words right out of my finger tips.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭lizann

Why is there arrests she took the drugs herself ????

supply of the drugs. There were similar checks in the case of the Waterford men who died but unfortunately didnt seem to be as much of a focus... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

So ridiculous to arrest someone for supplying her with coke. She knowingly took it. I think its all for show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭The G Child

It is a bit of a sham alright. She was no 1st time user and wasn't forced to take the coke. I don't see what these arrests are going to achieve. The coke wasn't shady as none of her friends died or passed out from it (as what happened in Waterford). Probably had more to do with the amount she was shoveling into herself.

As was already said, if this was not a "celebrity" it would have been swept under the carpet and forgoten about. Nobody cares about the "scummy" coke users, but when it's someone in the public eye its a tragedy!!

My opinion of it is that its always sad to see a young person dying, but dont see why there should be a difference between Katy French and Deco from the flats OD-ing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭padimus

It is sad to see anyone die from drugs but it is a matter of personal choice for her to take them. No one forced her to take anything.

If they are going after the person who sold her the drugs because that is what killed her then why don't they start arresting publicans who let intoxicated customers drive home?

and i know alcohol isn't illegal but it's basically the same thing. either everything potentially harmful to take in large quantities is banned or nothing should be.

Arresting her supplier is just shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted.

If it wasn't getting media attention i'm sure the guards wouldn't be in a rush to arrest anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 indocom

Who effing cares.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Mrs Roy Keane

She wasnt murdered so why arrests???

She was an habitual drug user??? Yes????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I think the obvious fact thats being ignored here is that cocaine is,in fact ILLEGAL under the Misuse Of Drugs Act.The supply,trafficking,production and possesion are all punishable by law.Just because half the stuck-up **** in Dublin think its great crack doesnt mean its not responsible for murders,death and misery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Degsy wrote: »
    Just because half the stuck-up **** in Dublin think its great crack doesnt mean its not responsible for murders,death and misery.

Its primarily a skangers drug of choice. Dont believe everything you read in the sindo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

She took cocaine, it was her choice. Jaysus.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Tha Gopher wrote: »
    Its primarily a skangers drug of choice. Dont believe everything you read in the sindo.

So the dozens of people on boards who defend its use are all scangers?Never read the indo in my life btw..

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Scooby_Doo

Id like to share this excellant article, as a friend of tracys family. She died on the same day as katie in horrific circumstances and got little to no media coverage.

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/columnists/kevin-myers/taoiseach-what-the-hell-did-you-think-you-were-doing-1244604.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Scooby_Doo wrote: »
    Id like to share this excellant article, as a friend of tracys family. She died on the same day as katie in horrific circumstances and got little to no media coverage.

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/columnists/kevin-myers/taoiseach-what-the-hell-did-you-think-you-were-doing-1244604.html

I read that, good article. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

I think the arrests have to do with the fact that KF had started having problems sometime around 3am yet the owners of the house she was in didnt bring her to hospital [not by ambulance] until 10am..nice amount of time to remove anything illegal from the scene of the incident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 keano9

Any drug-induced death is tragic, but KF and most others - especially so-called celebs - take coke as a lifestyle choice. There my sympathy evaporates. Just for the heart-broken families they leave behind. Shows just what selfish behaviour it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Degsy wrote: »
    So the dozens of people on boards who defend its use are all scangers?Never read the indo in my life btw..

No.

Most drug legalisation threads on boards are cannabis tilted.

Most taking part seem to be addicts anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Scooby_Doo wrote: »

Thanks for that article, just read it.

Very tragic, very moving and you're right, i never heard about it.

I heard / seen Katy French's name mentioned here on boards and in discussions easily over a hundred times though. Why? because she's famous. Had her ending been that of Tracy's she would have had hospitals named after her imo. Papers are looking for stories that sell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Ruddy Jimbo

Im tired of hearing all the boll** bout Katy fuc**n french...she shouldn have snorting Peruvian marching powder in the first place!!!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭BDubliner

keano9 wrote: »
    Any drug-induced death is tragic, but KF and most others - especially so-called celebs - take coke as a lifestyle choice. There my sympathy evaporates. Just for the heart-broken families they leave behind. Shows just what selfish behaviour it is.

Well said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

'Coke' just has to be white powder - what makes up the white powder is anyones guess and anyone who sells it is more interested in profit than danger of what they mix it with.
    Probably why there is so much of it around despite such large amounts being seized by the Guards

Advertisement