Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Well it is silly season!

• 22-07-2001 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I was clearing out my office space last night and I found this cartoon/article I had ripped out of the Sunday Times "Doors" Section about this time last year. You can read most of the start of the article on the scan and instantly relate it to our situation. In Irelands case there is probably more than one protaginist(no names need be mentioned) holding the "net to ransom".

http://www.irishtimes.f2s.com/ioffline/btransom.gif

The cartoon though is quite amusing if not a little depressing of what might lie ahead for the campaign.
    All I can say to the poor guy is... " I know the feeling ! "

(Sorry for the "lobsidedness" of the scan- I had to compensate for the mess I made of actually ripping it out of the paper)
    80p.

www.80project.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I saved that issue of the culture section too (ah, in the days of yore, before Doors was a seperate section)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Its usually quite informative and they have always been very supportive of CUT in the uk.
    The doors section Is available online on the Sunday Times Website now- w/ all the articles as featured in the hard copy. Recommended for all of us not very technically minded wanting to to get the "Greatest Hits" as such of IT and the Net!!
    80p.

www.80project.com

Advertisement