Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Football Tips Thread v3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Let this thread be even better than the last 2,

Good luck to all.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Gone for Estudi later on @ 4/5 as I said in the previous thread, some key players are returning for them including Veron.

Looks solid, Godoy are in poor form, and have never looked dangerous when i've watched them.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

My profit from the rugby on Estudi

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Hello new thread, treat me better than old thread (which I spent about two weeks in).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

what do we reckon on estudi. 9/10 on stan james.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Estudiantes to Come From Behind and Win 10/1 seems decent on PP.

I have €12 left there (due to my effort to abandon the site), so might toss half of that on it.

Even though Godoy Cruz has lost/drew a lot recently, they have scored first a few times. They have a recent Away 4 - 2 defeat, and they scored the first two goals in that match.

Overall the stats don't fully back my reasoning up, but I feel it is worth a small bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Looking at Kilmarnock away to Dunfirmline tomorrow at 11/8 and also Huddersfield DnB at 5/4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Couple of bets for later, more for an interest as I have a long night ahead of me :)

a979cbbc9bcb8241fb39004eff1c1ceb.png?1336773857

2fb9503615a2783ff074a8a7a855ff78.png?1336774345

4f5c245db4a7ac4cf58ab2bec6b98311.png?1336774404

954bc1addff71e7233e5253e9b33724d.png?1336774445

Oh and

59381c6ed452eb8b8ee0e1874f2b7f35.png?1336774510

• Advertisement

Getting this up early before the price goes down any further( priced it up earlier at 4.4/1)

Big treble for me the weekend.

Everton V Newcastle, Newcastle and draw @ 1.750

Great bet here imo, Newcastle have been the best club in the league bar the top 2 this season, if it hadn't of been for the ACON they would more the likely be safe in 4th spot right now, it may be out of there hands now, but they can go on and do all they can against admittedly a great home Everton side, love the odds on the double chance.

Wigan V Wolves, Wigan @ 4/7

Would of thought priced it closer to 1/2, banker of the treble. awful Wolves shouldn't pick up any points against the great escape boys here, lets hope the Wigan that turned up at Newcastle show up again.

Ayr V Airdrie UTD, Ayr @ 10/11

1st division play off game 2nd leg, 1st leg ended 0-0, funny system in scotland where the team from the higher division (Ayr) finished just outside the relegation spots must enter a play off with the teams from the lower league who ended just outside automatic qualification, 2nd leg of the semi final, and Ayr will have too much power for Airdrie with a big home crowd fo support.

Treble comes in at 4.17/1

-Ade- wrote: »
    Gone for Estudi later on @ 4/5 as I said in the previous thread, some key players are returning for them including Veron.

I looked at it earlier but havent been able to convince myself to back them yet :)

They are both on horrible runs and I expect to see a few changes for both teams tonight. If I do have a bet it will also be Estudiantes but I think I have enough to keep me occupied anyway :)

Good luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭cup of tea

Got on early on First half with most goals in Arse Westbrom game @ 9/4 with Betfred. Was very unlucky last week not to come in, with a flurry of late goals, but had thankfully already traded. Shoud provide a trading opportunity if at there is 2/3 goals in the first half

-Ade- wrote: »

Good start to the new thread folks, well in Estudi!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Inb4tehhacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,823 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Inb4tehhacks.

A bit late now aint it

Ade already has the first post

• Registered Users Posts: 53,823 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Sligo Rovers v Shamrock Rovers

Nice odds on the home team. I also like the overs bet @ 1/1, strange odds for me. Both teams well capable of scoring (both have the tops scorers in their teams) and Rovers have shown they cant defend but can certainly score

Looks very much overs too me. Any thoughts from the Loi fans?

FC Tokyo @ 5/6 , small stakes. Just 20 on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭clearodara

Looking at the Finnish league tomorrow, there looks good reason for a valuable treble in three home teams, Helsinki, Mypa and Inter Turku. All three have won 4 outta the first five games and currently occupy the top three spots. Helsinki and Inter both finished 1st and 2nd last season and seem to be flying again this season. Mypa were mid-table but seem to be starting well this season. I'd be confident in in Helsinki and Inter but also worth noting is that Mypa have won the previous 8 fixtures against Haka, their opposition tomorrow, so it really does look possible that this treble should come in. At odds of 4.7/1 for three home wins I think it's worth a punt ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭bradlente

Have Helsinki -2 asian meself,Oddly enough they played the team they're up against only 10 days ago.They were away and won 3-0.This time it's home and I can see them winning comfortably.

Was persuaded more by the fact that their opponents were beaten 1-0 in their last away game to Jaro,Arguably the worst team in the league.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

kryogen wrote: »
    Couple of bets for later, more for an interest as I have a long night ahead of me :)

Canadian matches]

Thanks for reminding me about the Canadians, took that overs double (and a over2/2,5 in the Chilean match)and it came in convincingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

accum:
    Flora
    Levadia
    Nomme Kalju
    Tobol
    Both teams not to score in Gomel v BATE
    @ 3.96

treble:
    BATE to keep a clean sheet
    Nomme Kalju
    Ajaccio to score a goal
    @ 4.24

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭bradlente

Lasagna any thoughts on Bordeaux home to Lorient tomorrow @5/6?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

bradlente wrote: »
    Lasagna any thoughts on Bordeaux home to Lorient tomorrow @5/6?

Yea it looks a good bet, Bordeaux are in good form, they're still fighting for a Europa league spot, they have no missing players for this game and it's their last home game of the season. Lorient are fighting for survival but atm they're out of the relegation zone, they managed to get a new GK (Janot, formerly at St Etienne) on loan as their other 2 keepers were injured and he's quite good, but still Bordeaux should have too much for them imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Oh shiny new thread :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭torres9kop

Here is a stone wall certainty today. Inverness and sociedad double. 11/10 and 7/4. Free money. Hibs are resting all their first team. So are valencia . Enjoy ur winnings

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

torres9kop wrote: »
    Here is a stone wall certainty today. Inverness and sociedad double. 11/10 and 7/4. Free money. Hibs are resting all their first team. So are valencia . Enjoy ur winnings
    All of their first team?

inforfun wrote: »
    Thanks for reminding me about the Canadians, took that overs double (and a over2/2,5 in the Chilean match)and it came in convincingly.

Yeah they were well in, got a little worried in the Toronto game as it was still 0-0 at half time, plain sailing in the second half though :)

kryogen wrote: »

4f5c245db4a7ac4cf58ab2bec6b98311.png?1336774404

954bc1addff71e7233e5253e9b33724d.png?1336774445

Boom! New thread win! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Voltwad wrote: »
    All of their first team?

Seems most on a Hibs forum I have been checking out expect them to field a side full of reserves/youth.

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/174550-inverness-vs-hibernian/

Opr

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement