Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Star Style: Duchess of Cambridge

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I love her brooch!! It's a little nod to the fact Wills is in the Irish Guard :)

And of course, THE blue dress that picks up perfectly on her engagment ring(that I've wanted since I was little!) :)

KATE-MIDDLETON-ENGAGEMENT-RING.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sibylla

The brooch actually belongs to the royal family. Princess Anne wore it recently! I agree that blue looks great on her!

Kate-Anne-Shamrock-Brooch-Life-Getty.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I think you mean Princess Anne wore it - Margaret died about 9 years ago.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Kate wore a lovely white Alice Temperly dress to see Andy Murray at Wimbledon today. White seems to be one of her signature colours I really like the dress.

article-2008672-0CC15C6100000578-679_306x632.jpg

article-2008672-0CC1770C00000578-339_306x698.jpg

article-2008672-0CC1790800000578-520_634x310.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I LOVE the coat in the first pics. Not sure if It's Burberry or McQueen,as I've heard both. I'd actually buy it if I could find it at a decent sale price somewhere.

The brooch belongs to the Irish Guards regiment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Just a little story about the ring (or a similar one :)), my grandmother bought a ring around 1980 that was the exact same as Diana's, a very dark blue sapphire on a gold band with a row of diamonds around it. When Diana got engaged and her ring became so well known my Nan was really mad/mortified, she had it first! :p So she had another row of diamonds added to the ring to make it look different (and better, my Nan was known for her bling!), this ring is now my mother's, she used to wear it every day until she hit it off something in the freezer unit in Tesco and knocked out a diamond, so now it's brought out only for special occasions, it's stunning, I'm not allowed wear it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Hermione* wrote: »
    I LOVE the coat in the first pics. Not sure if It's Burberry or McQueen,as I've heard both. I'd actually buy it if I could find it at a decent sale price somewhere.

The brooch belongs to the Irish Guards regiment.
    The coat is McQueen, the coat Kate wore was tailored especially for her.

It was based on this coat http://www.net-a-porter.com/intl/product/163698?cm_mmc=LinkshareUK-_-ProductFeed-_-Alexander_McQueen-_-Jackets&siteID=idBRCHEwd9g-PR2cnoYgWkCW6R8bYEyJtQ

163698_ou_l.jpg

William and Kate are on their Royal tour of Canada. When boarding the plane she wore a Roland Mouret dress and a Erdem dress when she arrived. I love the second look, her hair is nice worn up. Good choices so far!

article-2010012-0CCC73CA00000578-979_306x827.jpg

article-2010012-0CCE7F1D00000578-941_306x827.jpg

Kate wore this dress to a barbecue, She also wore it the day before her wedding. I really like the print. Would be nice to see her in brighter colours tomorrow.

article-2010024-0CCF3BC800000578-643_634x727.jpg

Yep, I have to say, her wardrobe so far seems nice but dull, lots of navy, white, cream and nude, in both clothes and shoes, come on Kate, at least a bit of red for Canada Day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Kate's engagement dress appears again. What a lovely dress!

article-2010322-0CD21B8200000578-168_470x782.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

Where is the bag in the last picture from? It's lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Daily Mail says Anya Hindmarch.

This appears to be it. http://www.anyahindmarch.com/prod/Baskets/Handbags/Fan_Clutch/42215/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

You have all the money and resources in the world, and this is the best they can make you look?

Semele wrote: »
    Where is the bag in the last picture from? It's lovely!
    It's sold out already! It's gorgeous, I really like it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

She looks very skinny, which makes her look older, IMO. She's only 29.

Purple dress is pretty bad too! But I do believe the maple leaf brooch is another family jewel.

article-2010322-0CD2879A00000578-566_470x423.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

article-2010322-0CD4869900000578-172_310x697.jpg

That dress is so unflattering on her. The colour is very old lady lavender and the gathering over her midriff makes it look like this is where her bust is!

Twee. wrote: »

Purple dress is pretty bad too! But I do believe the maple leaf brooch is another family jewel.

article-2010322-0CD2879A00000578-566_470x423.jpg
    Great find on the pic, Twee. The brooch is indeed a family jewel - apparently, she got her pick of the jewels for the trip!

I didn't like the purple dress very much - I also thought it emphasised her skinniness and made her older. The grey dress she wore today was much more flattering.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

Ooh - was loving her look but now she's beginning to look like the Duchess of Windsor - famous for her statement that one can never be too rich or too thin!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

That dress is so unflattering on her. The colour is very old lady lavender and the gathering over her midriff makes it look like this is where her bust is!

Ha I burst out laughing, it's true!
    Hermione* wrote: »
    Great find on the pic, Twee. The brooch is indeed a family jewel - apparently, she got her pick of the jewels for the trip!

Oh could you imagine "Hmm what diamonds will I take today?" :pac:

I have to say, Elizabeth was a beautiful looking young woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,954 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I agree, she does look overly skinny. Personally I find her style very aging and fusty. I'm much prefer to see her looking colourful, in some young and fresh cuts.With pretty much anything in the world to chose from I have no idea why she's gone this route. It's classic and elegant...but for someone in their 40s or 50s. I think Michelle Obama has a younger vibe and looks less like you'd find moth balls in her pockets.Carla Bruni is another example of how women older than Kate look fresher and more stylish.

Oh could you imagine "Hmm what diamonds will I take today?" :pac:
    Oh, what a problem to have!
    I have to say, Elizabeth was a beautiful looking young woman.
    I've always thought so. If you see pictures of her with Philip from the early years of their marriage, they were a remarkably handsome couple. She had quite a good figure too!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Kate has got style - but she seriously needs to gain some weight, otherwise she's going to look haggard. And no amount of style or fashion can save you from that.

Her shoes are always so hideously old fashioned, she could have/wear any of the beautiful shoes out there and she sticks with hideous middle ages boring ones!

I love this grey dress she wore today in Ottawa, It is fitted and very flattering. I actually thought the purple dress would have been great if Kate had a little more weight on. She is making great choices for the tour!

article-2010605-0CD6B8B000000578-25_306x560.jpg

article-2010605-0CD6AE1200000578-721_634x742.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,377 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Sibylla wrote: »

article-2010605-0CD6AE1200000578-721_634x742.jpg

She really need a little bit more weight on her,she is gorgeous but her arms are so thin that they look sinewy,almost madonna like.

Only Kate could pull off this over her grey dress.......
    On another note. I'm surprised to see so many comments about her weight, She is very, very slim but she doesn't look unhealthy or malnourished. I think she has always been very malnourished and at 5'10' she naturally looks longer and leaner.

article-2010605-0CD7DC7600000578-735_306x423.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

She has gotten noticeably thinner in the past year. I don't think it looks healthy on her. Her eyes look tired and her skin looks much older than it should.
    She's a gorgeous girl but she'd lost some of her prettiness when she lost the weight.
    Hopefully it was just due to stress from the wedding and new duties and she'll gain some much needed weight back as she settles in.

Her clothes are gorgeous though. I would love to see her in edgier shoes/accessories but I don't know if she's 'allowed'.

• Advertisement

Today she's wearing another blue lace Erdem dress. I love it, the detail and structuring is lovely.

article-2010812-0CDA038300000578-551_306x423.jpg

article-2010812-0CDA0AC600000578-623_634x426.jpg

Advertisement