Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tesco Midleton - WTF

Options
  • 28-08-2015 5:26pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know how often or when Tesco in Midleton actually stock the bloody shelves ?
    I don't mean exotic things like quail eggs , I mean basics like red and green peppers.
    I was in there yesterday and it was like Romania in the 80s , fresh fruit and veg section full of empty containers , and the frozen veg section not much better. Jesus wept , its 2015, etc etc.

/rant over.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,185 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Did you ask a staff member for assurance?
    I generally find supermarkets can be pretty bare after 7pm. I find tough if you ask the staff for help. They'll git you the item you want.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

yes , I did actually. Deliveries tomorrow (being today) apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

horgan_p wrote: »
    I was in there yesterday and it was like Romania in the 80s , fresh fruit and veg section full of empty containers , and the frozen veg section not much better.
    Sounds like Ireland in the 80s :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Never any baskets there either and always large q's to pay

I only go there for stuff I can't get elsewhere which is very little

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭StonyIron

Tesco does that a lot. It's an English thing! We used to be quite horrified at it in London. You'd go to a supermarket and find it was just totally out of stock. That wouldn't happen in the US or elsewhere I've lived.

you're better off going to SuperValu - usually far better stocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Simple to fix that - back out the door - over to the roundabout - left then right into hurleys - sorted -

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Advertisement