Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rinks??

• 24-02-2010 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭

What rinks are available in ireland, wheter they are ice, plastic temporary or whatever?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭StevoTG

There is one permanent and apparently fantastic rink in Dundalk. Other than that, there is a rink in Smithfield in Dublin from November to January and there was a similar one in Bray this year (unfortunately I was out of the country). I think there's a plastic rink in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭cena

i was going to head too the ice dome in dundalk today too see team ireland play but its a 3 hour drive from were i live:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Damo123

Yeh I live literally a 2 minute walk from the ice dome in Dundalk and took up ice skatin in November and since then have being goin a couple of times a week.

But defo the guys here are right the Dundalk ice dome is pretty good, they dont buff the ice as often they used to.... which is a bit annoying. and the staff are extra friendly....

heres the link... you can check out the time table.... little tip.. if you see 2 public sessions right after the other and the time gap is 15 minutes then the ice wont be buffed up.... if its a 30 minute break then the ice will be buffed..

http://www.dundalkicedome.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

damn bit of a long drive away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭miceal

Damo123 wrote: »

heres the link... you can check out the time table.... little tip.. if you see 2 public sessions right after the other and the time gap is 15 minutes then the ice wont be buffed up.... if its a 30 minute break then the ice will be buffed..

http://www.dundalkicedome.com/

lol love the term buffed! ;)

Cut is the proper word!

Three hours isn't a bad drive we have lads from Kilkenny on our team and they do the drive weekly, we finished at just after mid night on Monday night and they were off home after it!

It is well worth the drive!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Damo123

miceal wrote: »

Cut is the proper word!

I didnt know that now.... Guess you do learn something new every day biggrin.gif

Yep it is cut..

Also the ice never freezes it dries... Thats another one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

A guy in Dublin has been trying to get one set up for about ten years - the facebook page is:

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=343854897246&ref=ts

I have heard rumours that the liklihood of it happening this year is potentially positive, but seeing as there is no planning permission up on the Dublin City Council website yet, I am dubious but live in hope. They have a specific location in mind, but not sure if ok to say where so am erring on the side of caution.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

miceal wrote: »

Cut is the proper word!

Three hours isn't a bad drive we have lads from Kilkenny on our team and they do the drive weekly, we finished at just after mid night on Monday night and they were off home after it!

It is well worth the drive!

3 hours in itself isn't bad but if i went it would be a family thing & for me family is 5 kids in a car for 3 hours:eek:

bobby wade wrote: »
    3 hours in itself isn't bad but if i went it would be a family thing & for me family is 5 kids in a car for 3 hours:eek:

Yea i can see your point! The wife would drive ya nuts in the car for so long! ;):p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

guessing dundonald ice bowl is too far too :p

Advertisement