Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pin strip suit jacket - what to do??

• 02-02-2008 3:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

I've finally decided that the trousers of my favourite suit are finished. :eek:

This leaves me with a really nice suit jacket without matching pants. Its black pin with a light pin stripe. Is it acceptable to wear pin stripe with a plain black pair of trousers?

Would it be alright to wear over jeans or would it look stupid?

Whats the likelyhood of finding replacement trousers that look similar enough to pass muster? I'm guessing I should accept its over and try move on but willing to clutch at any straws! I also suspect that shops/tailors don't sell replacement trousers because it might cut down on their sales of full suits. Anyone else had this dilemma or am I being just cheap?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Buy a new suit. You can get them from e75 in M&S

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Shutuplaura

Its looking like the only option. It did cost more than 75 euro though. Ah well...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,948 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Would it be alright to wear over jeans or would it look stupid?
    I've just spilled beer all over the keyboard! :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

you really have to be a rather thin 'trendy' early twenty something to pull off a blazer over jeans and a white t shirt

with short hair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

I think the suit jacket over jeans can look really stupid and a bit ''ah where are ya goin dressed like that''..but the odd fella can get away with it and make it look well.

I don't think the pinstripe jacket and plain trousers will work. People will just wonder why you're not wearing the match. Bring the jacket out shopping with you when you're going and match it up. It shouldn't be that hard as it sounds a faily standard suit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

I think you can wear the striey jacket with plain coloured slacks. I often think the full pin striped suit is OTT anyway but thats just MHO....

Depends on the cut of the jacket etc. Over jeans is a no-no.... Would it work over a skirt?

Advertisement