Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby - Spoilers inside

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

Would've preferred them to be a CoroCoro leak.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Damn. Was hoping to order from Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,841 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Well crap, I'm guessing it's not available in Ireland.

Well crap, I'm guessing it's not available in Ireland.

With parcel motel it is ;)

Game just oped the price to 35 pounds each. Plus another 4 euro each (copy for both me and girlfriend) for PM as game just pack them with the pre order bonus individually.

• Advertisement

We often get overlooked for stuff like this...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Swampert mega evo confirmed in japenese trailer

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Do you mean there's another mega? Cause if not, that's been confirmed a while now.

sharpedo and camerupt megas confirmed

edit: also galladde

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Aye, saw that. Guess it makes sense, those two were the main pokemon of Maxie and Archie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Please let that be the end of them. The more their are, the less special they become.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Please let that be the end of them. The more their are, the less special they become.

as soon as audino got e
    one everyone is getting one

By my count, there are now 41 Mega's. That's one for every 18 (rounded up) Pokémon. As well as being one for every 9 that fit the mega criteria.

One out of nine now has a mega form.

There is getting to be a few too many, but it's mainly just the ones I see as being needless that are really bugging me, namely Audino and Lopunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭beaner09

I think I mentioned this here before, Audino and Lopunny would have been given Megas because research showed that girls/young girls like them. Not everything has to centre around what has the best stats or what a particular group of people (competitive battlers) like. These games are still targeted at kids so Game Freak have to cater for ALL of that market!

By the way, I'm not defending mega evolutions. I think the fact they only had like 60 new Pokémon in X/Y shows that, after Gen 5 Pokés took a bit of a bashing from people, they decided to rehash old Pokémon rather than risk making new ones. The remakes also made this an option, as they would have wanted it to have more new features instead of it just being a graphical update!

beaner09 wrote: »
    I think I mentioned this here before, Audino and Lopunny would have been given Megas because research showed that girls/young girls like them. Not everything has to centre around what has the best stats or what a particular group of people (competitive battlers) like. These games are still targeted at kids so Game Freak have to cater for ALL of that market!

By the way, I'm not defending mega evolutions. I think the fact they only had like 60 new Pokémon in X/Y shows that, after Gen 5 Pokés took a bit of a bashing from people, they decided to rehash old Pokémon rather than risk making new ones. The remakes also made this an option, as they would have wanted it to have more new features instead of it just being a graphical update!

The design of some Gen 5 Pokémon were dreadful, but they also had some very good ones. I don't recall many complaints about Gen 6, in fact it was the opposite. Complaints that they didn't make enough new Pokémon.

If they want to cater to all potential fans, give real evolutions instead. Mega's should have been reserved for the staters, legendaries and one or two others like Sableye (an actual evolution for it would just see everyone give Sableye an Eviolite and it'll be overpowered) instead of handing them out to everyone and anyone.

Hopefully the following game sees a return to actual evolution. The majority don't seem pushed on Mega's.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭beaner09

I think the general view was that Gen 5 had a lot more bad ones than normal. I think everyone found the vast majority of Gen 6 Pokémon to serve a purpose, and yeah there wasn't a lot of them, but they obviously chose quality over quantity to avoid a problem like Gen 5.

If they only gave Megas to a few Pokémon things would get unbalanced, by starting doing them they can't go back on it and have to give more and more Pokés Megas, which is resulting in what we see now!

As much as I'm looking forward to ORAS, I can't wait until the next set of games so we can get back to new Pokés or normal evolutions!

I liked the lack of new Pokemon. Of course I want some new but I hated when they tried to make it all new pokemon until you beet the elite 4. Oh look, another bird pokemon that evolves twice. With XY you had all your favourites and lots of choice.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Some video of it here

It's new move looks nice, but again, I wish they'd stop with all these megas :(

• Advertisement

Mega's can fuck off at this stage. Far too many.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

It's new move looks nice, but again, I wish they'd stop with all these megas :(
    gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Mega's can fuck off at this stage. Far too many.

Surely Mega Rayquaza was a given?

I'm loving the Mega thing. A fun new dimension to battling. The more the better I say.

ugh i dont like it!! loads of pokemon dont even have an evo line and others are getting megas. only legends should have megas imo

Yeah, Mega Rayquaza was a given really, and I have no problem with megas within reason. I don't like it when it feels like they are giving things megas for the sake of giving them megas though *cough*Audino*cough*

Angron wrote: »
    Yeah, Mega Rayquaza was a given really, and I have no problem with megas within reason. I don't like it when it feels like they are giving things megas for the sake of giving them megas though *cough*Audino*cough*

bunneary etc

I don't mind the Mega Evo's. I just don't use them. Although Mega Charizard X is pretty cool.

bunneary etc

True, I just think Audino is the worst of the lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Would agree with the 'too many Megas' thing. Seems like a quickly bloated means of getting around an already bloated Pokedex.

ugh pidgeoto and beedrill now too

• Advertisement

Well those are unnecessary.

Advertisement