Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Brandy and Cigars MkII

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

so nothing spongey either than?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Dr Galen wrote: »
    awh man.... I hate Mondays

Off today :D
    Don't mean to rub it in of course...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Off today :D
    Don't mean to rub it in of course...

Just couldn't help yerself eh?

Well I've got next week off meself. Looking forward to it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Black Forest Gatueax would pretty much cover that then?
    Hey man, this isn't 1987 you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

so nothing spongey either than?

sponge can be ok, but has to be exciting. kya made a chocolate sponge at the weekend but it had a nice chocolatey icing or something on it which made it fancy :)

ooh anything on?

• Advertisement

Sky King wrote: »
    Hey man, this isn't 1987 you know.

Not too sure what you're on about.
    sponge can be ok, but has to be exciting. kya made a chocolate sponge at the weekend but it had a nice chocolatey icing or something on it which made it fancy :)

know what else is fancy so?

Fondant.
    ooh anything on?

Not yet, but I'll be sure to send a postcard :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I don't like Christmas very much but I'm looking forward to eating well and relaxing during my days off big time.

I had a holiday at the end of September but with the new job and college I'm fairly wrecked again!!

Would love to have today off :(

know what else is fancy so?

Fondat.

or nuggets :p
    PaulieC wrote: »
    I don't like Christmas very much but I'm looking forward to eating well and relaxing during my days off big time.

I had a holiday at the end of September but with the new job and college I'm fairly wrecked again!!

Would love to have today off :(

poor you. i remember thinking in college how great it would be just to have a 9-5 job, so at least you'd get some time off then. a feeling of being wrecked all the time...

or nuggets :p

Chocolate nuggets, you can do it! :pac:

poor you. i remember thinking in college how great it would be just to have a 9-5 job, so at least you'd get some time off then. a feeling of being wrecked all the time...

Ah it's not so bad really - I'm doing the course because if I get the CCNA it'll be a big step for me regarding future career plans

It's just sometimes after working a full day summoning the energy to head into 3/3.5 hours of college is a bit difficult!!

I need to catch up on study too - haven't enough over the past two weeks

• Advertisement

Chocolate nuggets, you can do it! :pac:

this may just have to do..... ooh i could get shapes, and make my own chocolate bars! :D
    Ah it's not so bad really - I'm doing the course because if I get the CCNA it'll be a big step for me regarding future career plans

It's just sometimes after working a full day summoning the energy to head into 3/3.5 hours of college is a bit difficult!!

I need to catch up on study too - haven't enough over the past two weeks

ah you've a different set up so. wow can't imagine facing that kinda thing after a day at work. fair play to you for having a go at it!

*awaits sickening comments next week in return for my smugness.

ps. I have toast...
    :p

this may just have to do..... ooh i could get shapes, and make my own chocolate bars! :D

haha, that'd be cool alright. Saw this earlier when you were going on about being fancy.
    *awaits sickening comments next week in return for my smugness.

ps. I have toast...
    :p

haha, serves ya right!

ah you've a different set up so. wow can't imagine facing that kinda thing after a day at work. fair play to you for having a go at it!

Yeah...it seemed like a great idea at the time!! :pac:

I like it but with the new job - I'm working 10-7 except Wednesday and Friday I have to work 9-6 so I can go straight from work to college from half 6 - half 9 or so.

As stupid as it sounds - not having that extra hour in the mornings two days a week knackers me!!

Hopefully I'll get the CCNA and continue on my mission to be more like ToxicPaddy :pac:

haha, that'd be cool alright. Saw this earlier when you were going on about being fancy.

On a site called all womens talk,eh? :p

See,they put nuts in everything! Doesn't sound like my kinda thing,but I wonder if I just throw various things into melted chocolate could it turn out nice...hmmm

Yeah...it seemed like a great idea at the time!! :pac:

I like it but with the new job - I'm working 10-7 except Wednesday and Friday I have to work 9-6 so I can go straight from work to college from half 6 - half 9 or so.

As stupid as it sounds - not having that extra hour in the mornings two days a week knackers me!!

Hopefully I'll get the CCNA and continue on my mission to be more like ToxicPaddy :pac:

How much longer at it so?

On a site called all womens talk,eh? :p

I have no problem going to wimmims websites if I want to see what does be done in the kitchen! :o

See,they put nuts in everything! Doesn't sound like my kinda thing,but I wonder if I just throw various things into melted chocolate could it turn out nice...hmmm

well you could take out things you don't like and put in things you do. The idea there was "how to" as well. As fussy as you are like :P

I've carbonara to do this week so may leave the baking experiment till next week

How much longer at it so?

Course finishes in mid june - want to dive straight into the exam so hopefully I'll have it over and done by the end of July....it seems like an age away now :(
    I've carbonara to do this week so may leave the baking experiment till next week

I'm going at the aul carbonara from scratch again tonight....nyom nom nom

Course finishes in mid june - want to dive straight into the exam so hopefully I'll have it over and done by the end of July....it seems like an age away now :(

I'm going at the aul carbonara from scratch again tonight....nyom nom nom

It'll fly by,so much that you'll freak out at not having enough time to study! :pac:

Hopefully I can make the carbonara well myself

• Advertisement

It'll fly by,so much that you'll freak out at not having enough time to study! :pac:

Hopefully I can make the carbonara well myself
    Ah you'll be grand only thing is to get timing right - you can't make a mess of the sauce or pasta really :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Not too sure what you're on about.

He's probably talking about how Black Forest Gateau was the dessert of choice with Irish mammies around that time.

I love "normal" cheesecake, but not chocolate cheesecake or anything that makes it very, very sweet. Keep it simple!

Amaretto tiramisu is the bomb.

I'm having sweet potato and gruyere frittata later. Nice!

I'm having sweet potato and gruyere frittata later. Nice!

That reminds me of sweet potato chips that I had in NZ a few years back - they were unreal. Something between a chunky chip and wedges, but made out of sweet potato with skins left on. I think they called them Kumara, or Kumaru, something like that. Must research...

That reminds me of sweet potato chips that I had in NZ a few years back - they were unreal. Something between a chunky chip and wedges, but made out of sweet potato with skins left on. I think they called them Kumara, or Kumaru, something like that. Must research...

Sweet potato chips or wedges are awesome.

You must research this New Zealand variety and report back here ASAP :pac:

Sweet potato chips or wedges are awesome.

You must research this New Zealand variety and report back here ASAP :pac:

It turns out Kumara is actually the Maori term for 'Sweet Potato'. Duh :rolleyes:
    I presume they're done as with regular wedges - parboil potatoes, chop, put on roasting dish with olive oil, rock salt and rosemary.

Another one I've got to try is beer battered chips. I've never seen them in Ireland but I have a recipe somehwere. They're to die for...

It turns out Kumara is actually the Maori term for 'Sweet Potato'. Duh :rolleyes:
    I presume they're done as with regular wedges - parboil potatoes, chop, put on roasting dish with olive oil, rock salt and rosemary.

Another one I've got to try is beer battered chips. I've never seen them in Ireland but I have a recipe somehwere. They're to die for...

Ah yeah I'm familiar enough with cooking wedges, I made batch of mexican wedges over the weekend. I thought you may have had something new and interesting for us! I always mix up the olive oil and spices first and then toss the wedges to get them coated in the mixture.

Battered chips??? Possibly not my cup of tea!

Oh my! *salivates*

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Afternoon all. How's everyone today?

Battered chips??? Possibly not my cup of tea!

It's not that kind of batter! It's very light, you wouldn't really notice anything except an extra crispiness.
    Oh my! *salivates*

Beer Batter for chips.

1 egg, separated
    Dash of Tabasco sauce
    1/2 tsp. paprika
    1/2 c. plus 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
    1/2 c. beer or ale
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1 tbsp. melted butter

Beat egg yolk and beer with dash of Tabasco until well blended. Combine flour, salt and paprika and gradually stir into beer-egg mixture. Continue to stir until batter is smooth. Stir in melted butter. Beat egg white until fluffy and stiff and fold into batter. Dip potato strips into batter and deep fry until done.

*Now I know what's for dinner tonight...

• Advertisement

Looks tastey. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement