Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone still awake?

Options
  • 02-07-2011 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭

Right, I don't normally do this, but there is a documentary on the Space Shuttle narrated by William Shatner that looks to be really good starting in less than 30 min. I posted a 14 minute preview of it in the Interesting Stuff Thread quite some time ago

So, yeah, um, not really an A&A thread but oh beautiful Dades and ever radiant Rob please don't delete this thread until the docu is finished. :)

14 Minute Preview :D

You can watch the full documentary live here[SD]
    HD Link
    [Starts @ 01:00 GMT+1]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Awesome stuff cheers malty!

still appears to be going on at this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

I missed this :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭liamw

you're worse than Strobe

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

liamw wrote: »
    you're worse than Strobe

There, there Liam there's no need to be jealous. It's not just Dades and Rob, you're amazing too. :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I was up 'till 2:30am catching up on The Walking Dead.

Much as I love The Shat - I chose zombies. :p

• Advertisement

One of the greatest things about the internet, is how NASA has utilized it, you can view almost everything and I mean everything that is happening during missions in Space as it happens via streams. Every educational resource they publish, is free to the whole world for viewing and boy! are there a lot of those resources. Many of them are of excellent quality too. So if you have kiddos, it's well worth checking them out especially 'Ask an Astronomer'. :)

The full Shatner documentary is available for viewing and download here.
    Duration : 80 mins.

Final Shuttle Launched Scheduled today for 16:26 GMT.
    Watch live here, here and here.
    Cautiously optimistic for launch.:D

We are go for Launch.

T-9 minutes.

Main Engines in Start Position..this is it folks:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

Malty_T wrote: »
    Main Engines in Start Position..this is it folks:D

No, you jinxed it.
    =====
    Never mind it's okay again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,291 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

probably seen before here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uk_viH4Unw

turn this up so the tannoy at the start sounds about right. then be ready to hit the volume again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsRuJ37kyZg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,291 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

and a couple of videos of the grandaddy.

in this one, the fun starts at 1:20 in.

and this is just superb - slomo of apollo 11 launch on 16mm film with an explanatory voiceover. watch at 720p.

Advertisement