Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor offers Scheduled Automatic Top-up facility to Prepay customers.

• 27-12-2007 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭

At last, Meteor are offering a regular automatic top-up facility for prepay customers, by using Scheduled Top Up on their Top Up Direct service. I hope the other mobile operators follow their lead. This service has been available to mobile prepay customers in other countries for years.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,555 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i do this all the time with vodafone and AIB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

Oracle wrote: »
    At last, Meteor are offering a regular automatic top-up facility for prepay customers, by using Scheduled Top Up on their Top Up Direct service. I hope the other mobile operators follow their lead. This service has been available to mobile prepay customers in other countries for years.

Scheduled Topup? Why not get a normal bill phone then rather than sticking with PAYG and paying higher call charges

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

skearon wrote: »
    Scheduled Topup? Why not get a normal bill phone then rather than sticking with PAYG and paying higher call charges

That isn't exactly true now is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Scheduled automatic top-up is different to Bill Pay, although it seems the same. Some of the differences are:

* Able to stop the facility and restart at any time, without notice.
    * The full top-up amount goes towards call credit not phone rental.
    * Able to change the top-up amount instantly without notice.
    * No contract or commitment.

I wouldn't agree that Bill Pay is cheaper than PAYG if you factor in the monthly payment, and that's every month. Especially applies to Meteor where on the basic plan, Meteor Talk 60, you're paying 13c more per minute for your calls (33c/min vs. 20c/min), and committed to pay €20 every month for 12 months.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

O2 have been doing this for some time..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

skearon wrote: »
    i have 5c meteor calls on pre pay. If i was to sign up to meteor talk 60, my first 60 minutes would cost e20 instead of e3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

this is offered in the uk by all networks and they also offer a far better range of phones at much cheaper prices so isn't it time irish networks stopped ripping off irish customers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Can't really see whay all the fuss is about.
    So you can have your account automatically topped up big deal...
    If you have your card details registered yuo can top up from the comfert of ....anywhere!!!
    "Gift top up" Available on 3 since they launched 3 pay, if on bill dial 444 and it will ask you which number you want to top up, if on 3 pay just turn off your caller ID and the same applies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

O2 have had credit/debit card top up since the Digifone days. You just register a credit/debit card and then you can just select an additional menu option which appears on 1741, pick the top up amount, and enter a PIN and your card's debited.

It's actually a whole lot more flexible than a scheduled top up as you're in control of how much and when you top up. The call's free, so you don't need credit to do it and the process is pretty much instantaneous.

Can't really see what the fuss about Meteor's system is ? It's hardly ground breaking, if anything it's >7 years late to the market!!

Vodafone's Credit Card top up system is a little more cumbersome (unless its been upgraded) but it's been offered for years too. You dial a number and enter the mobile number you wish to apply credit to, followed by your credit card number, exp date and CCV etc .. and the top up's processed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Vodafone has nice credit features which id love. You can ask for an IOU where they give you like 2euro credit and you pay them back on your next topup.

Apparently they also brought in a feature to ask a fellow voda customers to borrow there credit!

Good thinking, but id prefer my cheap calls and texts so ill stick with o2 for now :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Sully wrote: »
    Good thinking, but id prefer my cheap calls and texts so ill stick with o2 for now :P

When did o2 ever have cheap calls or texts?? they are just about the dearest for everything

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

foggy_lad wrote: »
    When did o2 ever have cheap calls or texts?? they are just about the dearest for everything

Absolutely agree they're the most expensive and always were. They still have the cheek to charge for listening to your voicemail! The only good value offering from O2 are their free web texts can be sent to international mobile numbers.

Advertisement