Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Three: All You Can Eat Data 4G Promo Extended

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Xzen

kenyard wrote: »
    -Also its in limerick. I have not been to galway or cork recently to check those
    -requires a 4G capable phone

I can confirm that it's in Cork City all the way up to Blackpool shopping Centre, over to CIT and down to Douglas and surrounding areas and estates.

I use the HTC One (m7) indoors and in cars/buses between and have excellent signal and speed. Only lose 4G during calls until VoLTE (Voice over LTE) comes to Ireland or in some areas around the Model Farm road for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I just bought the HTC One M8 and noticed I had 4G. Was wondering why. Now I know! I can't fault 3 either, with them a few years and the €20 pay as you go deal is excellent value compared to the rest. Only issue I ever had was on my old phone the data connection dropped to E in various parts of Dublin which was a pain in the hole but hasn't happened in those area's on my new phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

Xzen wrote: »
    I can confirm that it's in Cork City all the way up to Blackpool shopping Centre, over to CIT and down to Douglas and surrounding areas and estates.

I use the HTC One (m7) indoors and in cars/buses between and have excellent signal and speed. Only lose 4G during calls until VoLTE (Voice over LTE) comes to Ireland or in some areas around the Model Farm road for some reason.

Cork City is quite good for 4G.

Northside of the City has alot more covered areas then the Southside of the City from my experience

This a very good indicator for anyone looking for covered areas.

http://www.three.ie/explore/coverage-checker/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

Cjs21 wrote: »
    This a very good indicator for anyone looking for covered areas.

http://www.three.ie/explore/coverage-checker/

While not related to the BA, I call shenanigans on that map. I live in D15 and according to that I have 4G coverage for miles around. I do not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

While not related to the BA, I call shenanigans on that map. I live in D15 and according to that I have 4G coverage for miles around. I do not.

I take it the map is only applicable for laptops/desktops etc. Trying to view it here on my phone, but it's not great.

(considering its from a mobile phone provider)

I can only speak to Cork being honest but it does have a good indication in my eyes being honest, again only speaking from a Cork City perspective.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Great they extended this!

Just need a 4G phone now!

Actually speaking of which, does anyone know if this works with a MiFi device and if so, any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ThePhilip

This is a great deal. Will definitely be upgrading to a 4G phone soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Xzen wrote: »

Could you tell me how to set up 4g on my HTC1(m7) please?

I tried the suggestion of another poster with no luck. Much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Sorry to bump an old thread but they've extended this again until Summer 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Can you get 4g on an iPhone 4s?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Can you get 4g on an iPhone 4s?

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Sorry to bump an old thread but they've extended this again until Summer 2015.

It's excellent news.

Some people say the service is pants. I think the service is great no issues yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

After this they probably won't be able to drop it either, it's been running for too long now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Thargor wrote: »
    After this they probably won't be able to drop it either, it's been running for too long now...

I presume its like the AYCE data, not going away any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭randombar

What kind of speeds are people getting for this? Is it a viable alternative to a DSL broadband connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Coill1

No.

iPhone 5 or later only for Apple im afraid..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Julez

GaryCocs wrote: »
    What kind of speeds are people getting for this? Is it a viable alternative to a DSL broadband connection?
    Depends on your use really. In work I get about 4 out of 5 bars reception and I get 15mb download and upload speed (I've seen it get up to 30/40mb iirc).

For normal browsing, streaming netflix etc, it would be fine. Perhaps not as reliable as a fixed line. Worth a try as you wouldn't need a contract on the €20 deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Trilla90

Is this truly unlimited or is there a cap like meteor?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

15gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Trilla90 wrote: »
    Is this truly unlimited or is there a cap like meteor?

I believe after 15 Gig you get throttled.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

I believe after 15 Gig you get throttled.

Only in cases where your usage is affecting others in your area. Don't think it happens to often judging on posts on here and when I went over once i wasn't throttled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

I was throttled around 20 gig

Advertisement