Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭IrishBlaine

Put my 31 days notice through yesterday but this morning checked my Sky app and popped up an offer of half price for 6 months with contract, Rang them and they then offered half price for 9 months without contract, Took it then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

Identical happened to me last month as Irishblaine however I'm not very happy.

I just checked mysky app and I was charged an additional fee of €19on top of monthly €48. It states fee was for closing the package, this is very sly of sky in my opinion :(

I'm very tempted to close it as I think Even at €48 half price for further 9 months) is barely acceptable. 99% of TV we watch is Free channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭bren2001

Has the golden pages trick stopped working or is there another way to get them to call you? Have to put through my cancellation today, don't fancy eating all my credit.

bren2001 wrote: »
    Has the golden pages trick stopped working or is there another way to get them to call you? Have to put through my cancellation today, don't fancy eating all my credit.

If you read past couple days posts best thing is to message sky Ireland reps on boards and they will call you prompt and quote your account number to them and obviously your contact number

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭SEORG

I just checked mysky app and I was charged an additional fee of €19on top of monthly €48. It states fee was for closing the package, this is very sly of sky in my opinion :(

I'm very tempted to close it as I think Even at €48 half price for further 9 months) is barely acceptable. 99% of TV we watch is Free channels.

What app are you checking? Is it the Sky Service one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Then why pay €48 a month for 1% of your viewing?

Good point :)

SEORG wrote: »
    What app are you checking? Is it the Sky Service one?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,505 ✭✭✭Speak Now

*Sky TV price will increase on 1 December 2015 in accordance with our standard terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

*Sky TV price will increase on 1 December 2015 in accordance with our standard terms.

Time to get rid ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Nothing showing up on my app. Only thing is a UK price increase for phone customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Anyone know if you still get some channels if you cancel with sky?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

matchthis wrote: »
    Anyone know if you still get some channels if you cancel with sky?

The bbc and free sat channels

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Is there a list anywhere. Hardly use it, especially the multi room. Herself likes the soaps though

matchthis wrote: »
    Is there a list anywhere. Hardly use it, especially the multi room. Herself likes the soaps though
    Yup! Link

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Nothing showing up on my app. Only thing is a UK price increase for phone customers.

Posted a link further up the page to the Irish website.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭bren2001

Rang last night to cancel. Was offered 9 months half price with no contract. Turned it down because I don't need it but...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

bren2001 wrote: »
    Rang last night to cancel. Was offered 9 months half price with no contract. Turned it down because I don't need it but...

That's a decent offer for a cancelation call, all we got offered was 35% off or reduce our package.
    Sky app says 6 months half price but tied into a 12 month contract, so we were resigned to losing sky for a few weeks.
    Sky rang yesterday and offered 6 months half price and HD for €5 with no contract so we went with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭GatsbyGal

Hi. I talked to some sky reps this past weekend outside my local supermarket. I am tempted to sign up for their original bundle with BB for €49. Right now I'm paying €47 with eircom for BB only. My contract with eircom is about to end at the end of this month. Sky have told me not to cancel with eircom until they take over the line as eircom will block the line on them. Is this usually the process for switching to different providers? Is it usually hassle free if I take their advise and not cancel with eircom? Thank you for any guidance you can give me on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

GatsbyGal wrote: »
    Hi. I talked to some sky reps this past weekend outside my local supermarket. I am tempted to sign up for their original bundle with BB for €49. Right now I'm paying €47 with eircom for BB only. My contract with eircom is about to end at the end of this month. Sky have told me not to cancel with eircom until they take over the line as eircom will block the line on them. Is this usually the process for switching to different providers? Is it usually hassle free if I take their advise and not cancel with eircom? Thank you for any guidance you can give me on this.

Yeah don't cancel your line! Sky take it over using your eir account number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭DermoMIO

Put my 31 days notice through yesterday but this morning checked my Sky app and popped up an offer of half price for 6 months with contract, Rang them and they then offered half price for 9 months without contract, Took it then :)

did you mention the contract part of the offer in the app when you called them ? just wondering myself as the app has offered me the same but obviously I'm not interested in the contract part

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭IrishBlaine

DermoMIO wrote: »
    did you mention the contract part of the offer in the app when you called them ? just wondering myself as the app has offered me the same but obviously I'm not interested in the contract part

I didn't actually no :)

I just said the app offered me 6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Siobh73

I have been with Sky for TV for years and think I am out of any contract obligations at the moment. I joined Sky Broadband in April 2015 and know I am on a 12 month contract for broadband and talk packages but does anyone know if this affects my TV contract or can I cancel it and keep the deal I ahve for BB and phone?

Siobh73 wrote: »
    I have been with Sky for TV for years and think I am out of any contract obligations at the moment. I joined Sky Broadband in April 2015 and know I am on a 12 month contract for broadband and talk packages but does anyone know if this affects my TV contract or can I cancel it and keep the deal I ahve for BB and phone?
    TV and phone/BB are separate services and as such have separate contracts. You should have no problem with cancelling the TV service only and retaining the phone and BB service until that part of the contract is up.

A word of caution though. I have read about people being told by a small number of Sky agents that they have to keep all services together so if you are told that just ask for a manager or ask them to give it to you in writing.....they wont do either and will then backtrack with a hastily made up excuse

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

yeah its 2 separate contracts

• Registered Users Posts: 20 firsthouse

Hi Guys,

Im after contacting the cancellation team to cancel my UPC and that is due to cease this weekend. Just wondering do people find sky worth the money and a much better service than UPC. I can only get 30MB broadband and Sky can offer 80MB fibre.
    I found the UPC broadband adequate and actually a good service but the TV was a bit of a joke.. I was paying for a phone which i didn't use also..

Sky have offered me the Original Bundle half price for six months and Sky Sports with HD, Box in Bedroom and Sky Go..with 80MB broadband and total price was EUR 118 increasing to EUR 155...
    I presume adding BT will be an extra 20 quid a month on top...

Can anybody advise if this is a better offer and quality service for that price.
    I was paying UPC EUR 145 for 30 MB broadband and there Max package with Sky Sports and BT and a phone line i didn't use..

Just wondering if I'm making a good decision that i won't regret as i will be starting a new contract???

Cheers
    Firsthouse
    COYBIG

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

firsthouse wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Im after contacting the cancellation team to cancel my UPC and that is due to cease this weekend. Just wondering do people find sky worth the money and a much better service than UPC. I can only get 30MB broadband and Sky can offer 80MB fibre.
    I found the UPC broadband adequate and actually a good service but the TV was a bit of a joke.. I was paying for a phone which i didn't use also..

Sky have offered me the Original Bundle half price for six months and Sky Sports with HD, Box in Bedroom and Sky Go..with 80MB broadband and total price was EUR 118 increasing to EUR 155...
    I presume adding BT will be an extra 20 quid a month on top...

Can anybody advise if this is a better offer and quality service for that price.
    I was paying UPC EUR 145 for 30 MB broadband and there Max package with Sky Sports and BT and a phone line i didn't use..

Just wondering if I'm making a good decision that i won't regret as i will be starting a new contract???

Cheers
    Firsthouse
    COYBIG

Welcome to Boards.

Sky will also insist on you having a phone with them. Just be aware that Sky charge €30 per month for line rental. This is €5.00, approx, dearer than Eircom or Vodafone or Magnet, and a sneaky way of eeking more money out of you, while appearing to offer a competitive bundle. Quite frankly, Sky are becoming less and less competitive with all the different online services that are now becoming more and more available.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

€155 pm sounds very expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭tippgirl123

Welcome to Boards.

Sky will also insist on you having a phone with them. Just be aware that Sky charge €30 per month for line rental. This is €5.00, approx, dearer than Eircom or Vodafone or Magnet, and a sneaky way of eeking more money out of you, while appearing to offer a competitive bundle. Quite frankly, Sky are becoming less and less competitive with all the different online services that are now becoming more and more available.

Is this 30 added onto bundle??? Or included in price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 firsthouse

Got it ordered today.. went with full package including sports and movies half price for 6 months with extra box, hd and sky go and also 90 MB broadband worked out 99 euro for first 6 months, free installation and after 6 months he said he will get me the sports on a deal if i downgrade the package and eliminate the movies..

working out cheaper than UPC and a better service (I hope)

FYI 30 euro line rental is included in the price of the broadband and the rep advised this and then also discounted the price..

Cheers for the replies
    firsthouse

Advertisement