Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share something you like/find interesting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

A Neurotic wrote: »
    The McGurk Effect is fairly mindblowing.

Try and follow these instructions without reading the rest of the text before playing the (4 second) clip:

I hear "ba" every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

http://chatroulette.com/

Been frequenting this the past couple of nights. Some guy is playing me songs off his guitar atm :)

Here's the non-cam equivalent http://omegle.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Monzo wrote: »
    http://chatroulette.com/

Been frequenting this the past couple of nights. Some guy is playing me songs off his guitar atm :)

That site seems genuinely seedy tbh. I know if I was using it I would definitely be doing something inappropriate on it. Good thing I'm not using it I guess..heh..>_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Ha yeah, best avoid it around this time of night. I came across a few cams that have scarred me for the foreseeable future. Still, ya do meet some nice people. Guitarist guy I've been chatting to for the last 90 minutes being an example.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

The Earth is so fantastically small.
    Space is so interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

This is great because it's true.

2rmwbon.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

I talking with that lad from V for Vandetta, madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

Walt Disney made loads of propaganda films during WWII
    Good old Walt.....teach the kids to hate the Nazis:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

I remember writing an essay for history about those propaganda films. Interesting stuff indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

phlegms wrote: »
    I remember writing an essay for history about those propaganda films. Interesting stuff indeed.

Yeah, I have to find something to do for my histroy project for the LC, suppose this would be as good a topic as any.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

I'd say most of you have already seen this...I only have four channels so I only saw this on youtube last week.....simply the best flashmob EVER. I love it so much!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

creggy wrote: »
    This is great because it's true.

2rmwbon.jpg

Yeah, Pixar are WAY more original!
    One or more lovable protagonists have existed for some time in a stable but fundamentally flawed routine, which is shaken up by the introduction of a foreign entity, usually another character, around whom attitudes are initially hostile. Attempts to deal with this character eventually lead to the protagonist(s) discovering a new, unfamiliar world, and in doing so discover the nature of the fundamental flaw in their routine. Villains are usually introduced or only become truly villainous from around the mid-point or quite late into the film. Along the way the heroes enlist the help of various lesser characters with clearly definable quirks and at one point reluctantly enter a high-speed chase. The villain is generally finally defeated with surprising ease, and everything concludes in an emotionally manipulative ending in which routine is restored with the fundamental flaw excised.

Some people are annoyingly cynical when it comes to childrens' movies.

I consider most Pixar films more that kiddie flicks to be honest. They're beautiful and often emotive.

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I consider most Pixar films more that kiddie flicks to be honest. They're beautiful and often emotive.

I couldn't have put it better myself. I really love the movies, always so heartwarming :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

PIXAR films rock!!! Anyone see UP:3D??? It was the definition of epicness!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

Animation-wise they've come a long way since Toy Story 1, which was on the other day and show it's age (visual-wise). It was still awesome of course.

Jackobyte wrote: »
    PIXAR films rock!!! Anyone see UP:3D??? It was the definition of epicness!!!

It was.....wonderful. I love the way they can make films that kids, teens and adults enjoy. The imagination that went into that movie was incredible...seriously one of my favourite films. I love how the old guy looks like Spencer Tracey. I spent the first five minutes quietly crying...it's pretty heartbreaking.

<3<3<3 it so much:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

Animation-wise they've come a long way since Toy Story 1, which was on the other day and show it's age (visual-wise). It was still awesome of course.

Toy Story is fourteen years old. That scares me just a little bit.

NO WAY! I'm afraid... :(

The problem is that pixar has killed 2D animation, 3D is the bog standard for kids films. Anyways, I have to see Up, and The Incredibles still...

Also Toy story 3 is out next year.

Now the reason I really wanted to post, the worse film ending everrrrrr!

^^
    What film is that?

I loved the short film at the start of Up. Here's a pretty creepy short film if your interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

^^
    What film is that?

According to the related videos it's called "Student Confidential"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Haven't posted in this thread yet. So here's something my sister showed me on Youtube a while ago (there was a thread about it in Cool Vids & Pics & Links aswell)

This woman is a Ukrainian sand artist and what she can do is incredible. She won a Ukrainian talent show for it. The first one is about the history of Ukraine, and actually moved members of the audience to tears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

creggy wrote: »
    Anyways, I have to see Up, and The Incredibles still...
    I watched the Incredibles for the first time on christmas day, it is awesome! See it now!

Haven't posted in this thread yet. So here's something my sister showed me on Youtube a while ago (there was a thread about it in Cool Vids & Pics & Links aswell)

This woman is a Ukrainian sand artist and what she can do is incredible. She won a Ukrainian talent show for it. The first one is about the history of Ukraine, and actually moved members of the audience to tears.

Stunning stuff, KnifeWRENCH, stunning. Thanks for the link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

has anyone tried chatroutlette yet???? thats defo a discovery lol be warned its nsfw though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

Stunning stuff, KnifeWRENCH, stunning. Thanks for the link

WOW!!!!!! way better than anything ive ever seen :) she'll go far. also did anyone notice nothing else matters in the first one

Advertisement