Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next for Dunne

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭itouchmyself

fight wrote: »
    is it true that emile tiedt is referee 4 this 1

He's your "mate" ask him :pac::D

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055609449&page=5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 fight

no he is definately not my mate but i would like to meet him but im told he dose not talk to a lot of people

but its amazing when his name is mentioned it seems to up set you lot

no he is definately not my mate but i would like to meet him but im told he dose not talk to a lot of people

:pac::pac::pac: wink wink nod nod
    but its amazing when his name is mentioned it seems to up set you lot

Other than the thread I put in the last post when were people upset???
    So people were moaning about (you) him once... AMAZING stuff alright!

Look he ain't that bad but aint exactly a world class ref imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭joepenguin

Caballero is getting away with a handy one next weekend...

http://www.boxrec.com/show_display.php?show_id=582932

hes fighting Francisco Leal of mexico in mexico, leal is 14-4 and ranked 140th in the world and 34th in mexico by boxrec at fetaherweight.
    and not in the ibo 100 or ibf or wba top 15.

As a stay busy type fight fair enough. Just dont see how the fight can be for the titles.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭spongeman

Got my tickets, 90 euros, i said feck it 30 euros more and you are at least ten rows down more.....why not.

One thing i would say is the cheaper seats appear to be selling quickly on ticketmaster, so I would move on that score.

The Mrs is from Thailand....i told her we will be on opposing sides for a few hours......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,966 ✭✭✭Big Ears

joepenguin wrote: »
    Caballero is getting away with a handy one next weekend...

http://www.boxrec.com/show_display.php?show_id=582932

hes fighting Francisco Leal of mexico in mexico, leal is 14-4 and ranked 140th in the world and 34th in mexico by boxrec at fetaherweight.
    and not in the ibo 100 or ibf or wba top 15.

As a stay busy type fight fair enough. Just dont see how the fight can be for the titles.[/QUOTE]

Because they're willing to pay the sanctioning fees. After all the IBF and WBA are businesses and businesses don't turn down money for no reason.

That fight has kind of slipped under the radar but after Caballero's close shave last time out it's the type of fight they'll need to keep him going before sacrificing him to Lopez.

:pac::pac::pac: wink wink nod nod

Other than the thread I put in the last post when were people upset???
    So people were moaning about (you) him once... AMAZING stuff alright!

Look he ain't that bad but aint exactly a world class ref imo.

ye ur prob. right ,not an easy job to do but

ye ur prob. right ,not an easy job to do but

anybody know the undercard for this show,any of the hylands fighting,i think this show needs good well matched fights to give value for money,maybe put a few titels in there also what about peters promoting the hylands would that not be a good idea?maybe he could take them to were he got dunne:cool:

anybody know the undercard for this show,any of the hylands fighting,i think this show needs good well matched fights to give value for money,maybe put a few titels in there also what about peters promoting the hylands would that not be a good idea?maybe he could take them to were he got dunne:cool:

Have any of them have been on a Peters bill before have they?? Is it a Pro_Am again or what, if so Katie Taylor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

I hope Paulie Hyland is not on the card because it is bad enough having Andy Murray on the card and another guy with no KO power. I hope Mc Closkey / M'baye is on the card but purse bids are pritty soon though.

unknown13 wrote: »
    I hope Paulie Hyland is not on the card because it is bad enough having Andy Murray on the card and another guy with no KO power. I hope Mc Closkey / M'baye is on the card but purse bids are pritty soon though.

It now looks like McCloskey v M'Baye will be on a separate card.
    Once the fight is in Ireland I don't really mind, as although having another cracking card would be great the quantity of cards this year has gone down and another decent card aswell as Dunne's wouldn't be a bad thing.

Fair enough but arent the ibf meant to be squeeky clean now with regards title shots etc.

Id like to see the card stacked with talent. There really hasnt been that many cards this year.

Fair enough but arent the ibf meant to be squeeky clean now with regards title shots etc.

Id like to see the card stacked with talent. There really hasnt been that many cards this year.

They're monitored by the FBI to make sure they're not on the take and that they also enforce their own rules(hence why they're so quick to strip fighters).

However they can still push fighters into their top 15 so that they'll be able to get a sanctioning fee from their reigning champion rather than it being a non title fight.

They have to give a justification for fighters movements, but as rankings are open to interpretation they can just say(in this case for example) Francisco Leal's win over Guadalupe Hernandez 2 months ago is enough to push him into the rankings. In truth this guy is probably no less deserving than Bobby Gunn was to fight Adamek, and they got away with that.

Big Ears wrote: »
    In truth this guy is probably no less deserving than Bobby Gunn was to fight Adamek, and they got away with that.

True

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

Is it just me or is it like a mourge in here these days - big fight not too far away but I may not be able to afford to go due to the recent introduction of nagra3 :(

I have looked at this Poonsawaat dude and to be honest I would prefer the mighy Dunne to fight a taller opponent

Shorter opponents
    voronin 5'5
    martinez 5'5
    pickering 5'5 comfortable win but never really looked like seriously hurting him
    faccio 5'4 comfortable win but never really looked like seriously hurting him

Bernard likes to get at the body and there will not be much of this dude to hit, seems to ride punches well - best chance IMO is for Bernard to use variety of punches to try force this dude to open up then take advantage

I predict a tough night for Bernard - Poonsawaat coming forward a lot - hopefully the Thai loses heart by missing with the majority of his punches and then gets frustrated

Bookies have it very even

Dunne 8/13 - Poonsawaat 6/5

john47832 wrote: »
    Bernard likes to get at the body and there will not be much of this dude to hit, seems to ride punches well - best chance IMO is for Bernard to use variety of punches to try force this dude to open up then take advantage

IMO his best chance is to get on his toes and box, he's the better boxer of the 2 but if he stands trading I dont see him still standing... Im sure he'll have learned from Martinez though!
    Bookies have it very even

Dunne 8/13 - Poonsawaat 6/5

Whats the bookies got for Dunne been stopped in the middle rounds???:p

Whats the bookies got for Dunne been stopped in the middle rounds???:p

Not yet available on PP - If he is going to be beaten then I think he will be aware of his slight velnerability during the first round or 2 and ensure to keep out of trouble. If the fight goes the distance then Bernard must be a big favorite to win, however this dude does like coming forward and looks like that was what got him the verdict over Cordoba...

Logical conclusion is that if Poonsawaat is to win then he has to stop the mighty Dunne

I will add here though that the more I look at the Dunne Cordoba fight the more convinced I am that if it was not for the clash of heads then I think Bernard would have completely taken Cordoba to boxing school - only after this point did Cordoba have his best rounds

Like a lot of Thai fighters he has not fought outside Thailand much.......

Are many posters on this board going , the banter is a bit quiet so far.

Im going anyway, got a few €90 tickets.

Dont the thai fighters and japanese fighters tend to fight at home anyway and make loads of defences of their regional belts?

Looks good imo. Competition at grass roots

• Advertisement

spongeman wrote: »
    Like a lot of Thai fighters he has not fought outside Thailand much.......

Are many posters on this board going , the banter is a bit quiet so far.

Im going anyway, got a few €90 tickets.

I have looked at tickets/seating on ticketmaster and there seems to be no option to reject the tickets offered if you sit anywhere else - do i have to ring to request specific seats?

Dont the thai fighters and japanese fighters tend to fight at home anyway and make loads of defences of their regional belts?

will be interesting to see how well he travels

Yes that is true. Even Galaxy fought many times at home.

I d'ont think the Thai will like the welcome he will get !!!!!!!!

Although my Thai Mrs is going as well, so he will have one supporter.

I have looked at tickets/seating on ticketmaster and there seems to be no option to reject the tickets offered if you sit anywhere else - do i have to ring to request specific seats?

I d'ont think there is. Unless you can buy tickets anywhere other than 6.35 FEE PER TICKET TICKETMASTER.

SHAME ON THEM.

spongeman wrote: »
    Unless you can buy tickets anywhere other than 6.35 FEE PER TICKET TICKETMASTER.

SHAME ON THEM.

Jesus a company trying to make a profit what next!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭geurrp the yard

Does anyone else not think the prices for this fight are a bit steep.Would love to go but im not paying mad money for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 murpheile

Just picked up my tickets this mrning, 4 weeks to go now looking forward to it, was a brilliant atmosphere at the Cordoba fight. Anyone have any news on the undercard? Will it pro-am again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Vintagekits

Does anyone else not think the prices for this fight are a bit steep.Would love to go but im not paying mad money for it.

I dont - actually I think its pretty cheap actually. Compare that with the price of tickets at the last Amir Khan fight.

If you support a premiership football team you will be paying £40 every second week - with a fighter its £80 twice or three times a year.

there are 60 and 90 tickets - and the venue is set out very well, not really a bad seat in the house

i was actually thinking of watching this one at home as money is a bit tight, but i realise what i am paying for is the atmosphere - ask anyone what it was like at the last fight - "hairs on the back of the neck standing up" - its like a drug at this stage :) only get that sort of thing maybe once / twice a year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

not really. if you get a 50-90euro. sure you would spend that on a night out! its fairly good value.

Advertisement