Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Opel Insignia 2010 2.0 Diesel ecoflex

Options
  • 07-04-2015 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Opel Insignia 2010 2.0 Diesel Ecoflex

Anyone had the following problems and issues and what results did you get from Opel Dealer.

Power steering pipe burst
    Power Loss while Driving
    EGR Valve replacement
    Glow Plug replacement
    ESP,ABS, Traction Control light coming on after car is started.
    Radio/Date display not working/intermittant.

I Have had all of the above issues within the last 2 Weeks and its realy anoying.
    Getting to the stage where i dont feel safe driving the car in case something else goes wrong. I have had car back to MAin Opel Dealer each time and told after each fix that everything is ok now but within 24hrs some issue arises which has been a chain reaction from their fix from last issue.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

The power steering pipe is a common fault with them, you are lucky, it has caused a number of them to go on fire.

Not sure about the rest.
    How many km on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

pred racer wrote: »
    The power steering pipe is a common fault with them, you are lucky, it has caused a number of them to go on fire.

Not sure about the rest.
    How many km on it?

I read about that ages ago.... drips onto the hot exhaust.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 James1975

129k km. just seems to be one thing after another.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

Gazzmonkey wrote: »
    I read about that ages ago.... drips onto the hot exhaust.

Drips onto the even hotter DPF ;)
    James1975 wrote: »
    129k km. just seems to be one thing after another.

Egr valve is a common go to item when they haven't a clue!

Glow plugs.....was it hard to start?

Abs light and time, could need a new battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 James1975

thats true they dont have a clue. going to dealers tomorrow with ammo on information for issues and goting to give riot act. no confidence in car since these things happened. too much money spent on car for these things to happen. they will need to sort it out befor 1980's goods and service act will be used

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

There was a report about this on The Consumer show on RTE. They got an independent mechanic to check the burnt out insignia that had been reported to them and they came to the conclusion it was caused by hot power steering fluid getting onto a hot exhaust pipe and igniting. Opel tried to deny this as the problem. Sounds like not a lot has changed. You should check with N.C.A.ie see what rights you have if you can refuse the car and look for another car or your money back.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement