Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Part Time Course ?

Options
  • 02-11-2011 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Currently in receipt of Job Seekers Allowance.

I applied for and got a place on a Springboard course which I have been on for a couple of weeks and so far all seems to be good.
    The course is part time with classes on one evening and then 1 full day ( 9-5 ) , I did not apply for BTEA as that only caters to Full Time education.

I have now been told by others on the course that I should have got permission from Social Welfare to do this course .
    I have checked out Citizens Information site which indeed mentions that you can retain all benefits while doing a part time course and you apply at your local SW office.

My questions are these - 1 ) Am I likely to have problems given that I started the course without telling Social Welfare ?
    2 ) Will the fact that one full day a week is taken up by the course be a problem ?

Grateful for any advice .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Anyone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Im doing a springboard part time course too. I have recently been told I will be changing from jobsseekers benefit to jobseekers benefit. Im going to see tomorrow do I qualify for BTEA.

I went to social welfare before starting the course. To qualify you had to be unemployed for 6 months before you started. I think if you qualify you should be fine if you tell social welfare now. When I told social welfare the first time they made me fill out a BTEA form anyway and I never heard back so I assumed it was sorted. It is confusing!

Advertisement