Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

• 10-05-2013 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The old O.T.B. 2.1 thread was getting periliously close to the dreaded 10k Boards-Breaker figure, so it's time to kick off a new thread!

So...

Erm...

Howrya? You're looking well.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

It's all new and clean.

Not that that's gonna last long :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Angron wrote: »
    It's all new and clean.

Not that that's gonna last long :pac:

Bit like me boxers I'm wearing now

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Didn't take long! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Didn't take long! :pac:

That's what she said :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

I'M AFRAID OF CHANGE!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Actually, Damo your sig reminded me. Have you seen there's gonna be one last episode of The IT Crowd, giving a bit of closure or whatever you'd describe it as for all the characters?

Actually, Damo your sig reminded me. Have you seen there's gonna be one last episode of The IT Crowd, giving a bit of closure or whatever you'd describe it as for all the characters?

Hadn't heard that at all! :D Brilliant news!!! :D

Douglas is probably my favourite, though it'd be very close between him and Moss! :D

Yeah, it's a shame it's just a one-off, but it's better than nothing really, and it'll be nice to sort of see what's happening to the characters. I love all the characters, my favourite was probably Moss or Richmond.

I love Graham Linehan :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-22449971 Here's the story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Fcuk yeah, new thread for me to spam. :D

^ Banned for spamming

• Advertisement

Yeah, you had a bit of a lead in the post count for the old thread :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Ah I love the IT crowd, that's brilliant news. I remember Linehan saying a while back there'd be one more season but then Bridesmaids came out...

Glad we'll get some closure. I'd say my favourite character would be Moss. I also love Roy but that one has slightly more shallow reasons behind it...

Ever watch the pilot for the American IT Crowd? The only thing really funny about it was how the jokes were similar, but they just weren't as funny. Really goes to show how good casting can help make a show.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

I love Graham Linehan :D

Did you ever seem him with Arthur Mathews on the episode of Alan Partridge where they played two executives from RTE who come to have a meeting with Alan? :D

I saw a side by side comparison of the opening scenes, was awful. I do not get America's obsession with remaking shows, especially since they don't change much so it's not to do with cultural differences. In fairness Joel McHale is a good actor he was just all wrong for the role of Roy. He's too good looking to pull off that type of character if you get what I mean. I like him in Community though.

Yeah, the actors themselves are good actors, just sort of wrong for the role. (Barring Moss, which had Ayoade return).

The US had one really successful show that they got from Britain (The Office), and that led to them trying loads more that just kinda flopped, like Skins, IT Crowd, or The Inbetweeners.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Have to say the American's take on Shameless is pretty good, the rest of them are pretty damn shoddy though

I've only seen 2 or 3 episodes of Shameless US, and it seemed all right, but I wasn't sure how well that was doing. The others I mentioned were sub-par from what I saw though.

All I know about Inbetweeners US is they changed bus **** to bus turds and that is unforgivable.

Bus turds? I know some english curses don't translate well to american but thats just plain silly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Ooh it's all new and shiny, I have that urge you get when you see someone with a new pair of runners on, to muck them up a bit defile it :o.

P_1 wrote: »
    Have to say the American's take on Shameless is pretty good, the rest of them are pretty damn shoddy though

Have to say I watched the first few episodes of American Shameless and hated basically because they followed the English version word for word at the start then caught a few episodes this year and it was really good because they had taken the story and characters in it's own arc and kept the spirit of the characters with William H Macy doing a great job as Frank :).

On a seperate note I have sigs turned off, am I really missing out on much by not seeing peoples sigs?

Bus turds really annoys me. Unless it's some sort of sensitivity thing, do Americans not know the word wanker?

On a seperate note I have sigs turned off, am I really missing out on much by not seeing peoples sigs?
    Well my sig is just links to my last.fm, steam, and raptr profiles, and some of the concerts I'm going to.

So not really :pac:

Well my sig is just links to my last.fm, steam, and raptr profiles, and some of the concerts I'm going to.

So not really :pac:

:pac: internet confuses I have no idea what any of them are :o beside here, facebook which I really only use for perving on tattoo's, twitter when the football transfer merry go round kicks in and imdb and youtube I dont venture much further outside of that unless I have a reason to.

last.fm is for keeping track of music, and the other two are game stuff :P

Watching some Black Books now, after watching some Fr. Ted earlier :D

last.fm is for keeping track of music, and the other two are game stuff :P

Watching some Black Books now, after watching some Fr. Ted earlier :D

Ah I see :o.

Nice I love Fr. Ted. Im debating what to watch, have some Breaking Bad recorded a Blu Ray A Tale Of Two Sisters Ive yet to watch, I also got Remis DVD I got when we finished up yet to watch that, by the way if anyone is interested and knows a way I can eh share it feel free to ask, and then Prometheus is this weeks movie on Sky Premiere decisions decisions someone pick for me?

Bus turds really annoys me. Unless it's some sort of sensitivity thing, do Americans not know the word wanker?

I'm not sure if they know the word wanker or not but I just presumed they used a word as silly as 'turds' because America's a lot more strick about censorship and on top of that it was a teenage show on MTV ('cause the likes of Teen Mom sets a good example :rolleyes:) It's pointless though since a lot of US kids would probably have seen the original.

I dunno, I never really get the way the American system works. They are strict as hell about booze and swearing, and then they have My First Rifle, a gun marketed for kids.

I dunno, I never really get the way the American system works. They are strict as hell about booze and swearing, and then they have My First Rifle, a gun marketed for kids.

America is just messed up when it comes to its state morals.

Gambling is pretty much verboten outside of Nevada.
    You have to be 21 to drink and 18/19/21 to smoke.
    You can drive at 16 and seemingly own a gun once you're born.

Very strange place

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Oooh new thread. Tattoo the walls.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement