Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

**Index of anime and manga CONVENTIONS and EVENTS in IRELAND**

• 03-05-2011 1:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭

So, this thread is basically going to be an index with links to threads for all the upcoming cons in Ireland. This thread will be the sticky but if you have questions or comments on any of the individual cons PLEASE post in that con's own thread.

Hopefully this will clean up the front page of the forum a bit :)

- Q Con: June 22nd - 24th 2012 QUBSU, Belfast
    - @rcade Con: July 13th - 15th 2012 Ballsbridge Hotel, Dublin
    - Nom Con: August 24th - 26th 2012 Burlington Hotel, Dublin
    - Eirtakon: November 9th - 11th 2012 The Helix DCU, Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭MarkMI6

There's also Brocon, July 15th - 17th ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I shall be trying to head to Arcade Con, Nom-Com and Eirtakon

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

I am going to try and go to all. :) Gee my purse will suffer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Must try to attend more...I will do my best to attend them all.

Gotta cosplay properly :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Link to Q Con thread added :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 lacyfrise

ahh i love this stuff, a girl i knew use to draw pictures of her friends in this style when we were in school i still have mine posted on my bedroom wall. i'd love to go to a convention to see what it's all abt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

If tonight goes well in Maynooth hopefully there will be more.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭OniKen

I will try to make most of these if possibal. If only i could find a dye for my Karate uniform to turn it red and not pink

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

Ghost in the Shell at 9pm in the Maynooth Creative Arts Center tomorrow! €3 in. Bring your own beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Spirited Away at 9pm in the Maynooth Creative Arts Center on Friday.

• Advertisement

Link to Anime Screenings @ The Exchange thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Akumakon is a year behind xD Get in your time machines people!

Forbidden Planet are hosting another Manga Night on September 4th

Encore 7 is on this weekend up in Derry and have a few anime movies/shows playing

Cosplay Ireland in assciation with NoamiBomb from BoobedGeeks and the Chronic Candies will be hosting a cosplay workshop in Dublin City Comics on the 13th of September . I will be giving talks about Cosplay Ireland and we will be be giving tips on how to cosplay, wigs and fabrics for costumes. The Chronic Candies will be teaching the arts of cosplay burlesque!

We hope to make this a montly thing with a subcription of 10Euro a month and we do a different theme a month with this time bring comics. Everyone is welcomed! Info here on FB.

Hope to see some of you there.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

An enjoyable evening last night.
    looking forward to the next one.

This Sunday at 2pm in the Exchange Dublin, Temple Bar, they will be showing Rebuild of Evangelion 1.0 and 2.0. I can't wait!

Details here on FB.

Hopefully see some of you there!icon_mrgreen.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 ChnGamer

Anyone from boards want to meet up for this? Don't really fancy going to this on my own :o

Awh I was going to go but I am not feeling the best and I have alot to study. :(

If they are having it on again I would be happy to meet up from a few here and go. The crowd who run these screenings are very friendly and are happy to chat to you but I know how hard it can be to go on your own.

The Irish Japanese Film Festival runs November 6th - 20th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,354 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Anyone know anything about the convention in galway this week? Not really into anime myself but a friend of mine asked me to come along.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gabriele

any event for 2013?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Arcadecon is on again the from the 5th to 7th of July http://www.arcadecon.ie/2013/

Whats with that weekend? Have a stag to go to, Arcadecon is on and also my nieces 1st b-day....and probably working half the weekend too!

damn I will be busy that week.....

Gabriele wrote: »
    damn I will be busy that week.....

Apologies for the original post not being updated. All of the conventions listed are on similar dates for 2013 but I will update it properly very soon, I promise!

Konata wrote: »
    Apologies for the original post not being updated. All of the conventions listed are on similar dates for 2013 but I will update it properly very soon, I promise!

No problem, i have to be honest this post is still the most accurate source of generic information for such events, I went in a local shop on Saturday (will not make any name) and they were not able to provide any information, so I was quite desperate.... :) ....

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭grumpig

I know this will be very random but will any of these conventions have mirai nikki merchandise?XD Iv been to 2 conventions this year and there werent any XD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Guyanachronism

Rather than starting a new thread . . . anyone know what the ticket situation is with nom con?

I see pre-reg has closed, will I have to chance rejection at the door or will I be able to buy tickets online again close to the date?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

There shouldn't be much chance of being denied at the door, I don't think Nom will have the same capacity issues as Arcade, but on the safe side keep an eye on their Facebook page in case that changes.

Online pre-reg almost certainly won't re-open.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Guyanachronism

TheChrisD wrote: »
    There shouldn't be much chance of being denied at the door, I don't think Nom will have the same capacity issues as Arcade, but on the safe side keep an eye on their Facebook page in case that changes.

Online pre-reg almost certainly won't re-open.

Thanks, I wasn't at arcade con (unfortunately learnt about it afterwards only) but friends didn't get into comic con, makes me think planning a head is a must for these sort of things.

Advertisement