Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hearing things I don't know where to post this

• 06-11-2015 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

I'm renting a house away from home for college I'm home alone but I can hear someone giggling and walking around upstairs, also once I was home alone and a mirror came flying off of the wall in the bathroom and came all the way into the hall and smashed I also seem to wake up with bruises and scratches, do many other people seem to experience these sort of things is it some sort of mental state or something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,552 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Give this guys a call
    image too big

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Wheres the house?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Moving to Paranormal from Waterford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Mod: The Paranormal forum charter now applies folks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,650 ✭✭✭✭maccored

hsjsj wrote: »
    I'm renting a house away from home for college I'm home alone but I can hear someone giggling and walking around upstairs, also once I was home alone and a mirror came flying off of the wall in the bathroom and came all the way into the hall and smashed I also seem to wake up with bruises and scratches, do many other people seem to experience these sort of things is it some sort of mental state or something?

the handiest and simplest thing to do is use your phone to record video footage of it happening. then you could post that and people could get a better idea. wouldnt be too worried about the bruises and scratches. you can never tell if you picked up a bruise or a scratch during the day and not notice until the next morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,126 ✭✭✭screamer

Hi there, what sort of a house is it? Modern/ Old. Is it detached or semi-detached, how many floors are there? Has anyone else in the house experienced anything strange? When the mirror landed, did it land in the bathroom with pieces scattered to the hall, or was the main debris from it in the hall?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,939 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I don't suppose it happens to be near Waterford Crystal, does it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 190 ✭✭spookmaster

looksee wrote: »
    I don't suppose it happens to be near Waterford Crystal, does it?

Is the house you're referring to on Manor Street? I went to college in Waterford (graduated 7 years ago now) and I remember hearing lots of stories about a supposedly haunted house near Shefflin's on Manor Street. Noises upstairs such as the sound of a glass tumbler rolling across the wooden floor and banging on the walls. If you or anyone else here has any information on that house, I'd really appreciate it, I've been intrigued by this story for years, and as it's been 7 years since my time in WIT ended, I find it fascinating that there may still be activity attached to that house.

Is the house you're referring to on Manor Street? I went to college in Waterford (graduated 7 years ago now) and I remember hearing lots of stories about a supposedly haunted house near Shefflin's on Manor Street. Noises upstairs such as the sound of a glass tumbler rolling across the wooden floor and banging on the walls. If you or anyone else here has any information on that house, I'd really appreciate it, I've been intrigued by this story for years, and as it's been 7 years since my time in WIT ended, I find it fascinating that there may still be activity attached to that house.

I lived in a house on Manor street years ago when in college but I don't know which house you are referring to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 190 ✭✭spookmaster

screamer wrote: »
    I lived in a house on Manor street years ago when in college but I don't know which house you are referring to.

Did you ever hear any stories about a supposed haunting on the street?

• Advertisement

Did you ever hear any stories about a supposed haunting on the street?

Hi there well no. We lived in a big 3 storey place each floor was an apartment with many students in each. It was a hole if i do say so myself. Now for sure we heard banging around but with poorly constructed internal walls it was hard not to. I never heard of anywhere that was haunted on Manor street and we knew a lot of the students who rented along the street. But you're talking 16 years since I lived there.

Advertisement