Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Thy Lords Name in Vain

Options
  • 04-06-2008 1:27am

So I was thinking about the ten commandments. And theres that one about not taking the lords name in vain. Yet there's millions of people around the world called Jesus. Yes, it's pronounced Hey-Zeus, but it's still spelt Jesus. Is this not breaking that commandment. And if not, I'm going to call my kid Göd

On a similar topic- I remember there was a wrestler in the WWE called Jesus. I also thought it was unfair whenever they had the match listings: Triple H vs Jesus. I mean he's the frickin' son of God for .. uh .. christ's sake. It's not exactly a fair match.

/end

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

On a similar topic- I remember there was a wrestler in the WWE called Jesus. I also thought it was unfair whenever they had the match listings: Triple H vs Jesus. I mean he's the frickin' son of God for .. uh .. christ's sake. It's not exactly a fair match.
    Vince McMahon beat God on PPV. Actually, I think God no-showed. Story of my life, really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Please don't name your son God.
    You might think it's cool, but when he's mercilessly beaten to a pulp in the schoolyard I doubt he'll thank you for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

Triple H would win!

With Scotty2Hottie and somethingDogg to back him up of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Please don't name your son God.
    You might think it's cool, but when he's mercilessly beaten to a pulp in the schoolyard I doubt he'll thank you for it.

And if he has a son then he'll be...the son of God

• Registered Users Posts: 13,278 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Thrill wrote: »
    And if he has a son then he'll be...the son of God

McGod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It's a typo... You're not supposed to use the lords name in a van!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

His name wasn't Jesus anyway, it was Jeshua I think (in the old aramaic - pronounced yeshua) so those hey-zeus guys should be spared from the deep-fat-fryer.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

aidan24326 wrote: »
    His name wasn't Jesus anyway, it was Jeshua I think (in the old aramaic - pronounced yeshua)
    It's been 2000 years he should have said something. I feel like such an ass. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

My world has just be turned upside down!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

the younger baby was born second, due to daylight savings time, wow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement