Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tekkit Server

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jos eph

MagicSean wrote: »
    Having seen what your problem is I've been trying to allow mods place lava. Not working though. i may allow it for everyone if i cant get it to work.

Try fidling around with some config in permissions, its been about a year since ive run a server, but im fairly certain, with permissions you can restrict who can place lava, use fire, etc.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Jos eph wrote: »
    Can you whitelist: aaron1708 ?
    Thanks

Done! (ages ago, forgot to post)

Sean... what block logging plugin are you using? I'm guessing not LogBlock, as I tried those commands already :p

Some silly-weird griefing happened to me sometime early yesterday, but now there have been reports that others have been griefed and items stolen, and I've got my usual mod itch to check logs :o

Crippling lag around AtomicGoose's place - so bad you can't really check what's wrong there except via console. Guessing someone left their item pumps on... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Solitaire wrote: »
    Crippling lag around AtomicGoose's place - so bad you can't really check what's wrong there except via console. Guessing someone left their item pumps on... :P

I'll fix it when I get home in a few hours. I might use that plugin for stacking items.

• Advertisement

Couldn't find any lag. What general area is it. I was around his big new house with halonut

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

I'll fix it when I get home in a few hours. I might use that plugin for stacking items.

Item stacker is the mod :0

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭natnif36

Could I please get a whitelist?
    I was playing on the official boards server until it shut down and never caused any problems nor have I ever been banned (from any server)
    My minecraft name is natnif36

natnif36 wrote: »
    Could I please get a whitelist?
    I was playing on the official boards server until it shut down and never caused any problems nor have I ever been banned (from any server)
    My minecraft name is natnif36

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭Morbert

How do you obtain a trusted rank? My power flower is looking a bit limp since I could only build half of it.

• Advertisement

Morbert wrote: »
    How do you obtain a trusted rank? My power flower is looking a bit limp since I could only build half of it.

16 collectors and 5 relays should give you a full power flower. I look at the ranks every week to see who has been on and building stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭Morbert

16 collectors and 5 relays should give you a full power flower. I look at the ranks every week to see who has been on and building stuff.

I hit the item limit long before I made 16 collectors, strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

Getting back into minecraft after watching a few Tekkit vids on youtube!

Can i get whitelisted: LawlessBoy

Also what version is this in? and if im in the wrong version how would i go about updating tekkit i only downloaded it today so guessing its up to date

Lawlessboy added.

I'll check your setup when your on next morbert and see what the problem is.

The whole area around xenos solar factory appears to be corrupted and will have to be deleted. From what I can see it shouldn't affect anyone but xeno. I have moved all his stuff into chests so he can move it all out before i delete it. I believe it was caused by a combination of power looping and crystal chests. As such I will be banning crystal chests.

Now I just have to figure out how to use mcedit.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Xeyn

Lawlessboy added.

The whole area around xenos solar factory appears to be corrupted and will have to be deleted. From what I can see it shouldn't affect anyone but xeno. I have moved all his stuff into chests so he can move it all out before i delete it. I believe it was caused by a combination of power looping and crystal chests. As such I will be banning crystal chests.

Yeah, was trying to figure out why there is so much lag there and from what I have read it seems crystal chests cause a lot of it.
    I'll have to rework my whole factory but I would have had to do that anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Xeyn

Xeyn wrote: »
    Lawlessboy added.

Yeah, was trying to figure out why there is so much lag there and from what I have read it seems crystal chests cause a lot of it.
    I'll have to rework my whole factory but I would have had to do that anyway.

Ok Sean I've packed up all my stuff.
    There seems to be a corner in my base in the sky where some chests and power flower was that has a lot of lag as well.
    It might need to be deleted.
    I'm going to stay away factories, flowers etc for a while till I understand more about what causes lag so we don't have a repeat.

Hello, I have been playing on this server nad my friend was hoping to play on this server with me
    His minecraft name is
    'ScrapKnight'

after a server restart today (at about 11:40 am gmt) when i logged in, i cannot talk, use any commands (such as /me or /home) or break/place any blocks, it just says "You are not permitted to build". What in the name of god is this all about? :(

Edit:

Username is aaron1708 ( ~Joe )

Worst part is, Sean is standing there looking at me while im spazzing out trying to show him i cant break blocks (as i cant speak)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

Jos eph wrote: »
    after a server restart today (at about 11:40 am gmt) when i logged in, i cannot talk, use any commands (such as /me or /home) or break/place any blocks, it just says "You are not permitted to build". What in the name of god is this all about? :(

Edit:

Username is aaron1708 ( ~Joe )

Same thing happening to me joe just logged on there

IGN; LawlessBoy

Sorry about that. Had uploaded a new permissions file and one of the lines had an extra space in it. Amazing that one out of place space messes everything up.

Scrapknight added to whitelist

• Advertisement

One space did that? Wow
    Thats like being crippled, muted and shunned in one accidental slip

Sorry seems boards.ie doesnt support my emoji oops

Was just kicked because of a connection error, and now can get bqck on, it says cant reach server...

natnif36 wrote: »
    Was just kicked because of a connection error, and now can get bqck on, it says cant reach server...

Yup, I've got the same problem :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Dunne_Pro

can i be whitelisted please my name is Dunne_Pro

Dunne_Pro wrote: »
    can i be whitelisted please my name is Dunne_Pro

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Captain Albection

Can I be whitelisted please?

IGN: Spoontron

• Registered Users Posts: 17,643 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Just discovered a massive set of Nova/destruction Catalyst tunnels that someones been digging, are these items not banned?

Can I be whitelisted please?

IGN: Spoontron

Added
    VinLieger wrote: »
    Just discovered a massive set of Nova/destruction Catalyst tunnels that someones been digging, are these items not banned?

They could be mine actually.

For anyone who wants a server update I made a video here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bGzZ-7kCOg&feature=g-upl

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Captain Albection

Added

Thank you!

Place looks amazing btw! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

I'm back in the land of the living, should be on later today :)

Advertisement