Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How did you score in your last round...2015??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

Shocking today. 13 points for 12 holes off 24. Couldn't hit the ball out of my way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭golfwallah

27 points for 13 holes today off 14 in windy conditions - great to get out but not good enough for a prize! Pipped on back nine for class prize last Thursday with 28 pts on same 13 holes.

Must try harder!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

88 strokes in a casual matchplay.

Happy with it considering the wind and rain. Two club length wind at times and only ever seemed to play into.

Driver was only used a handful of times as it just kept getting caught up in the wind but the hybrid was more than enough with the way I'm hitting it lately

Had 2 birdie putts stop on the lip as well lol

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

I played Mullingar today and had 31pts which wasn't bad as it was very windy and quite wet underfoot. Had a bad start - scratched the first two holes but then played to my handicap most of the way around. Only my 2nd time to play the course. Struggled with getting up on the raised greens. Must work on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Gross 83 (34pts)
    8 pars
    8 bogey's
    2 doubles

4 bad drives cost me 4 shots & was unlucky not to make 2 good birdie chances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

First round of 2015 for me yesterday and it was a 'nearly there' round ....36 points

2 birdies
    4 pars
    10 bogies
    1 double
    1 scratch

Started brilliantly chipping in on the first for a birdie, then played the rest of the front nine really well, only blemish was a silly 4ft putt missed for par on the second. Turned in 39 strokes and 21 points and feeling great. Then on the 12th after a great drive I only had a wedge into the green but completely chunked it, not even reaching the lake in front of the green. Then had a shank with my 3rd, but hit a nice 4th and just about got the bogey to save a point. Then on 13th I had a 25ft birdie putt, pushed it slightly right and left a tricky 4-footer and missed it. Then on 14, I missed another short putt for par, and then again on 15, another short putt missed again for the first double of the day. Then on 16 I hit the worst drive of the day a bad hook and miles out of bounds. Had to par with the second ball, gave it a good go but just missed out and scratched. I was determined to finish well and delighted that I did. Hit best drive of the day on 17, nearly 300-yards! It was a strong wind behind but it was still brilliant for me to hit it that far. Followed it up with a lovely wedge to 20ft and sank the birdie putt. Then hit another good drive and a good rescue on the last into the teeth of the wind, left me a 60 yard wedge into the green. Left the putt just short and tapped in for bogey.

Very encouraging start to 2015. Only for a mini bout of the yips I'd have had my best round in 6 months....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

31 points for 15 holes yesterday. very happy with it considering the conditions out there. That wind was immense and the squally showers didnt help either.

Got off to a great start with 5 straight pars and hit a decent teeshot on the par 3 6th, straight into the wind, but my ball flicked the outside edge of a tree and kicked 40 yards right into the water.... so that was a double bogey, but then I went level par for the next 9 holes with 2 birdies and 2 bogeys.

Game was in great shape though and I only really hit 2 bad shots the whole day, so very happy overall :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

I couldn't find one for this year lads, if there is one, could a Mod please merge??

Got the clubs out for the first time this year today and, have to say, it went pretty darn well!

O'Meara Course
    handicap 13
    5 Pars
    1 Birdie
    12 Bogeys
    +11
    33 putts (3 three-putts)

Honestly should've been 2/3 better

Good start though!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,742 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    I couldn't find one for this year lads, if there is one, could a Mod please merge??

Got the clubs out for the first time this year today and, have to say, it went pretty darn well!

O'Meara Course
    handicap 13
    5 Pars
    1 Birdie
    12 Bogeys
    +11
    33 putts (3 three-putts)

Honestly should've been 2/3 better

Good start though!

Good round around there.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭cjfitz

82 strokes around Mahonys Point yesterday off 13. Pretty happy as 81 was my best round around there last year.

Got 2 really good putts on the 1st and 2nd to rescue par. Rest of the front 9 was ok (turned with 41 strokes), a couple of 3 putts took the gloss off it. Lost my tee shot on the 10th, finished with a double. Also doubled the par 4 11th after being in the green side bunker in 2 :( Was +1 for the rest of the round tho.

Really happy with my finish. I normally don't finish that great. Maybe it was the coconut water I drank during my round ;)
    Only hit 14% of fairways though

• Advertisement

My first singles comp of the year - 12 holes.

Got off to a bad start with a double, and another double later - so end of any hopes.

23 points - not bad overall - but to take the positives from it had 3 birdies , had been struggling to get the birds lately. Was cold all day , nice, but never heated up in early morning.

So room for improvement But something to build from, sort of day.

Corballis Links..... First visit.

Gross 71
    41pts (10)
    11 pars
    1 birdie
    6 bogey's
    Putts 28
    FIR 82%
    GIR 39%

Short game was very good, got me out of jail a few times. Really loved the greens & only had one 3 putt on the ninth, nine one putts 😀 Stuffed a couple of iron shots that I got away with and add in 2 duffed chips. Really really enjoyed the course and a revisit is on the cards.
    Pars on 1,2,3,4,6,7,8,10,11,13 & 15.
    Bogey's on 5,9,12,14,16,17 and a juicy little birdie on 18 put a smile on my face.
    Look forward to playing it again & know it could well bite me in the ass.

mafc

Some round for your first trip, class stuff - did you par 3 ?

Single figures - no bother.

mafc

Some round for your first trip, class stuff - did you par 3 ?

Single figures - no bother.

Thanks Fix, scrambled a par on third, pulled tee shot left but had a shot. 4 iron short of bunker, 8 iron from 116yds to 8 feet and made the putt. A lucky par in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Ciaranra

Played Corballis today for first time,
    Had the pleasure of playing along side Mafc,
    9 over for round, bad start 4 over for first 3 holes, finally started to play but 3 putted 11 and 13,
    Swing is starting to come together,
    Will visit again with a bit more course management,

• Registered Users Posts: 28 chef89

My third round of 2015 today, 16 hole Winter League. hit 2 fairways, 13 GIR's but only 1 birdie putt dropped. Plenty of half duffed chips but that's to be expected.

Handicap: 6

1 Birdie
    11 Pars
    3 Bogies
    1 Scratch (5 to get down from 110yds in the middle of the fairway!!)

33 Points. Happy enough except for my putting, that will come back in time.......... I hope!

Ciaranra wrote: »
    Played Corballis today for first time,
    Had the pleasure of playing along side Mafc,
    9 over for round, bad start 4 over for first 3 holes, finally started to play but 3 putted 11 and 13,
    Swing is starting to come together,
    Will visit again with a bit more course management,

By the way great round too .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

33pts off 12.
    Just delighted to get out and play, long game was good, short game was rubbish, it really does suffer with lack of play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

30 off 16. Getting worse over the past few weeks. Putting was atrocious 7 3putts. Lag putts are my worst. Impossible to get close to 3 feet from anything outside 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Macker1

scrubber72 wrote: »
    30 off 16. Getting worse over the past few weeks. Putting was atrocious 7 3putts. Lag putts are my worst. Impossible to get close to 3 feet from anything outside 10.

I think I joked about this before but if the putter is causing that much hassle I would definitely change. I find putting is very much a confidence thing. A simple repeatable technique with confidence on board will deliver results.

New season with a new putter = fresh start :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

35pts today, felt like I wasn't playing well. Hope all my poor rounds are as good as that

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

8 points better than last week, still Crap, but was hitting the ball much better. Getting rid of the rust slowly but surely!!!

Finally a great round today! 6 months + since my last round better than handicap (13). Anyway scored 41 points, just checked howdidido and 42 points won today. Can't believe I was that close to winning, it's normally a lot higher in winter- 48 won last week!

2 birdies
    8 pars
    6 bogies
    2 doubles

Total- 80 strokes. Only ever beat 80 twice before....

Delighted just to score well. Going to have to hijack CharlieIRL, all my best rounds seem to come in his company! My lucky charm!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭BOB81

26 points for 14 holes yesterday round moyvalley, really up and down round, 3 birdies and 4 scratches (2 of those in first three holes). Wind was up and found tee shots into the breeze tough (2 of the scratches came from tee shot trouble) while one of the scratches was a ball that plugged off an ok second shot and was never seen again which was frustrating. Need to work on just getting it in play into the wind rather than trying hit it too hard..easier said than done though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭benny79

34 points in Athy on sat in 13 hole winter comp, bleeding temps ruined a really good score! and 34 normally would be in the running but someone had a 39, typical. suppose though hit 2 drives oob's and still managed to scored on both, 1 was the course index 1, so positives from that..

but prefer to have my first win on full 18 and get cut in the process :).

My driving off the Tee has much improve thanks 2 a tip from Shawn Clement on you tube!

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

Back to 18 hole comps in our Blessed Lakes, started very solid had a 8 footer on the 10th to go back to 4 over missed, hit a decent drive at the next, index 1 into the strong wind stupidly placed it on a lovely tuft of grass having landed just off the fairway, i takes out me 3 wood see and i says to meself sure you will reach the green, i swings back with a mighty coil and whoosh it takes off up, up and away, the wind grabs it and the ball sails away in the the deep cabbage on the left never to be seen again.....4 over 8 on me card, played malogen after that with a scratch 6 more snots and a par. I love flog.

Barnaboy wrote: »
    Finally a great round today! 6 months + since my last round better than handicap (13). Anyway scored 41 points, just checked howdidido and 42 points won today. Can't believe I was that close to winning, it's normally a lot higher in winter- 48 won last week!

2 birdies
    8 pars
    6 bogies
    2 doubles

Total- 80 strokes. Only ever beat 80 twice before....

Delighted just to score well. Going to have to hijack CharlieIRL, all my best rounds seem to come in his company! My lucky charm!

Most pleasant update! Just found out that I won my category! Great start to 2015 :)

Barnaboy wrote: »
    Most pleasant update! Just found out that I won my category! Great start to 2015 :)

Some round considering gap in play.

Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

had 28 points for 15 holes on Sunday. Was playing okay, but nothing special. Was 4 over after 11 and 2 off twos. Playing the par 5 12th, I thought I hit my drive too far right, but I just ended up cutting the corner massively and had a full 5 wood into the green. Hit it to 2 feet..... and missed the putt for eagle, lol. Got the birdie though. I then almost had another 2 on the par 13th. The ball lipped out. I did get this putt from 4 feet. So was 2 over par with 2 holes to go and on the driveable par 4 14th, I walked off with a 5. I then double bogeyed the next.

It was so disappointing after fighting back to a reasonable score to let it slip like that, but oh well, onwards and upwards :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

First round of the season at strandhill on Saturday. Cool with light winds in almost perfect conditions! Ended with 41 points off a provisional handicap of 16. Pure delighted! 1 birdie, 5 pars, 11 bogies and 1 double. 81 strokes in total, previous best was 86 granted strandhill was only a part 70 and the course setup was very favourable! Looking forward to getting my first official handicap and a good start to the season!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement