Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Body & Soul 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Roots-Sinead

Thanks for the map GD.
    Do you know where the carparking will be?
    I'm camping in the Family Campsite and am wondering how much of a trek it will be from the carpark to the family campsite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭ Irene Fit Thriftiness

Might sleep in the car, how far is the carpark does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭autotrader

Weather forecast is getting worse by the day:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

Link to weather? May have to purchase wellies :o/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

isn't any forecast over 5 days 90% guesswork or something? here's hoping anyway

just checked 4 hotels within 20 minutes and they're all booked out for the night, fuuuuu. i'm too old to get soaked in a field in meath!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

isn't any forecast over 5 days 90% guesswork or something? here's hoping anyway

just checked 4 hotels within 20 minutes and they're all booked out for the night, fuuuuu. i'm too old to get soaked in a field in meath!

You might want to get directions...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

lordgoat wrote: »
    You might want to get directions...

wha, you saying there's no hotels within 20 minutes?! there is a few according to google maps.

I'm saying there's no festival in meath!!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭autotrader

lordgoat wrote: »
    I'm saying there's no festival in meath!!

Very helpful there goat:rolleyes: it's practically on the border between the two and most hotels near by are in Meath!

autotrader wrote: »
    Very helpful there goat:rolleyes: it's practically on the border between the two and most hotels near by are in Meath!

Festival's not in meath is what i was pointing out. Forgive me for wanting people to know where they're going, not practically where they're going.

We're done here.

:D;):p:):rolleyes::o:mad::(:eek::cool::P:confused::pac: sighhhh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Thanks for the map GD.
    Do you know where the carparking will be?
    I'm camping in the Family Campsite and am wondering how much of a trek it will be from the carpark to the family campsite.
    i don't, sorry.
    the map will be a bit different this year as there's a new stage at least...
    at a guess, i'd say it would be up near where Gate A is as weekend campers have to enter through that so they probably have the carpark close to that...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,517 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

was planning to get hotel/b and b accomm anyway but its looking a bit late now and there isnt anything around. there is loughstown holiday village however about 10km away. These are houses that accommodate six people. we're a couple so didn't really consider it yet. would anyone be interested in house sharing for the weekend? prices are 489euro. I'm sure taxis etc wouldn't be an issue to get to the venue. Have tried ringing but no answer

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Roots-Sinead

any one know what the story is with bringing your own drink in to the festival arena? can you bring in a cans and stuff or is it naggin in the jocks sort of stuff?:D

Similar query...what is/is not permitted into the camping areas....?
    Are people allowed to visit the other campsites? Staying in Family campsite but will have friends in main one on Friday night....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Did anyone get the Electric Picnic code for the sunday times club ticket competition today? Pretty please?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Weather forecast is getting worse by the day:eek:

Tis getting worrying alright. I'm all for positivity and will go and have fun regardless, but I've camped at one too many soaked Irish festivals at this stage. It's been raining every single day for the past few weeks, or so it seems anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

How far is the campsite from the carpark does anyone know? Will probably stay in the car at night if its raining. Estates rule!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 altrock

barryd09 wrote: »
    Did anyone get the Electric Picnic code for the sunday times club ticket competition today? Pretty please?

Hi, Code is EP1706. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

FRIDAY: Breezy, with any rain giving way to sunny spells and scattered showers. Max. 14 to 17 Celsius, in a fresh west to northwest wind.

NEXT WEEKEND : Early indications are for a good deal of bright weather, but with scattered showers. Temperatures around normal, or a little below.
    feck it, i'll take that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭leakyboots

According to Twitter the stage times won't be out for another few days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭tracert

any one know what the story is with bringing your own drink in to the festival arena? can you bring in a cans and stuff or is it naggin in the jocks sort of stuff?:D
    They search you going in to the main arena but after the main stage finishes you're free to bring cans in.
    Similar query...what is/is not permitted into the camping areas....?
    Are people allowed to visit the other campsites? Staying in Family campsite but will have friends in main one on Friday night....
    You'll have no bother going to the main campsite. I believe it's only people from family that can access that, but anyone with a family wristband can go to the other campsite(s) if they choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭harryd2

barryd09 wrote: »
    How far is the campsite from the carpark does anyone know? Will probably stay in the car at night if its raining. Estates rule!

About 10mins walk.. (at least that was last year)

leakyboots wrote: »
    According to Twitter the stage times won't be out for another few days
    i know times are usually not until the week before, but i've no idea why they're haven't even released day breakdowns yet if they're selling Sunday tickets.... :confused:
    i know a few people who are thinking about going on the Sunday but are waiting to see who's on what day. a few others have already decided not to bother at this stage as it's too late to organise...

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭sissorhands

tracert wrote: »
    You'll have no bother going to the main campsite. I believe it's only people from family that can access that, but anyone with a family wristband can go to the other campsite(s) if they choose.

Reckon it'll be grand for my mate who has a sunday ticket to come and sleep in my tent? It says no camping with the sunday ticket :/

Reckon it'll be grand for my mate who has a sunday ticket to come and sleep in my tent? It says no camping with the sunday ticket :/

Last year there were not checks going into campsite.
    If same this year yer mate will be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Doinker

tracert wrote: »
    They search you going in to the main arena but after the main stage finishes you're free to bring cans in.

They gave a fairly intensive pat down on the way in last year. They were also fairly strict even if you managed to sneak drink in. Security were confiscating cans off people inside the main area last year, so it might be best to pour cans into a pint glass when inside.

Doinker wrote: »
    They gave a fairly intensive pat down on the way in last year. They were also fairly strict even if you managed to sneak drink in. Security were confiscating cans off people inside the main area last year, so it might be best to pour cans into a pint glass when inside.

Yep.. I got some inside last year, which was taken off me in the middle of the arena by security..

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭sissorhands

Weather from www.met.ie
    FRIDAY: Breezy, with any rain giving way to sunny spells and scattered showers. Max. 14 to 17 Celsius, in a fresh west to northwest wind.
    NEXT WEEKEND : Early indications are for a good deal of bright weather, but with scattered showers. Temperatures around normal, or a little below.

Football
    Anyone up for kickin' a ball around in the campsite? I know it's not oxegen, but we'd have some craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭leakyboots

I'd be up for a game

Advertisement