Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiz Team

• 01-08-2011 8:01pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I just moved to Kilburn and noticed that The North London Tavern on Kilburn High Road has a pub quiz every Monday night, and I'd love start going regularly - but I don't have a team!

It wouldn't be taken too serious, just a fun way to make sure your brain doesn't turn to mush.

Anyone interested?

http://www.northlondontavern.co.uk/events.html

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Hmmm, I might have a rubber arm that could be bent towards this ;)

If you're after pub quizzes, the Westbury Bar also do one on Wednesday nights. No idea if it's any good though, I heard about it from seeing flyers.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Great, we'll discuss it at the beers on Saturday!

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Sinall

Sounds great! And very handy for me location-wise

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Cool, another recruit!

Also, if it would suit ye better to go to the Wednesday ones in the Westbury rather than Mondays at the North London Tavern I'm fine with that. Sometimes people don't like to go out on Monday nights. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Slightly late to the party, but I'd totally be on for that some time if you ever need someone to make up a team.

• Advertisement

Cool, sounds like we should have enough for a team! The one at the Westbury that Fysh suggested sounds like good craic.

Shall we give it a go next Wednesday - 17 August?

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Sinall

Im away in Sicily next week, but definitely count me in for future quizzes!

JEALOUS!

Next Wednesday suits me fine. I'm sure we can rope someone else in between now and then...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Wednesday next week sounds good, count myself and Jack B Badd in so :)

Right everyone, are you still up for The Westbury tomorrow night? Registration is at 7.45 so I'll be there for 7.30. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Sounds like a plan to me :)

See yis there! *puts on game face*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Good luck!

Third place, go us! :) Shall actually have to prep for next week's quiz...

Good night and good result. Go team!

That was really enjoyable. A medal position finish, good craic, nice questions, plus a bonus round where Fysh's awesome drawing skillz won us a round of shots plus a bag of penis straws. SUCCESS!

I can't make next week cos I'll be working late, but anyone reading this who's interested in going along, leave a comment and say so (even if you've never met anyone else on the forum before. Actually *especially* if you haven't). The winning team had about a gazillion (well, six) members so if we add a couple of people we could totally improve on tonight's performance. *puts on competitive face*

I'll be there the week after next though. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Good on ye!! shots AND penis straws!

Quiz tonight!

Quiz tonight!

Don't think we'll make it tonight, I'm afraid - trying to shake off a stupid cold :(

I'm game for next week though, and a friend living nearby will probably join us as well.

That's fine, we can leave it til next week. I was going to say I might be a late for it anyway as I've been at work late for the last few days and it's looking like more of the same for this evening.

Get yourself better and we'll be all set to go again next week! :)

• Advertisement

Crikey the weeks are flying by, are we all ready for tomorrow night again?

We're game :) Might bring a few friends along as well to bump up the numbers and see if we can't go for gold (or silver)!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I can't do it this week, as I'm going to the Science Museum Lates with a friend (it's on the last Wednesday of every month, worth checking out if you're a dork like me especially as it's free). I love quizzes though so I'd definitely be up for it in future!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Dr.Giggles

ooooh! where is this quiz on? could I pop along perhaps?

Dr.Giggles wrote: »
    ooooh! where is this quiz on? could I pop along perhaps?

The Westbury in Kilburn - I'm sure we'll find more room at the table if you want to make the journey involving (what was it the last time?) several camels and a 6 hour train ride :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭Mc Kenzie

awww id go only im in watford for therest of this week. :( ill be back next week, so if theres room then.

goodluck !:)

I'm on for it again - my competitive streak hasn't gotten over our near-win last time. What time does it start at again? Have to get the camels prepped and ready to go, etc (seriously, how does it take so long to get from Highbury to Kilburn? They're close on the map...).

Stargal wrote: »
    I'm on for it again - my competitive streak hasn't gotten over our near-win last time. What time does it start at again? Have to get the camels prepped and ready to go, etc (seriously, how does it take so long to get from Highbury to Kilburn? They're close on the map...).

Registration is at 7:45 for an 8 o'clock start. If you're coming from Highbury you're probably best off getting the Overground from Highbury & Islington towards Richmond and getting off at Brondesbury - that'll have you a 10 minute walk from the Westbury according to Google Maps.

Quiz homies: I don't think I'm going to make the quiz tonight. Bleurgh. I'm not feeling great right now - leaving work soon so going to neck some Neurofen and see if that helps. Hoping that my competitive streak will overcome this headache, basically.

So the tl:dr version: If I'm there: awesome, see you in a few hours. If not, which seems more likely right now, it's because I'm in a darkened room somewhere, racked with pain. Fun times ahead to see which happens.
    Show 'em who's boss tonight. BON CHANCE.

• Advertisement

Stargal wrote: »
    Quiz homies: I don't think I'm going to make the quiz tonight. Bleurgh. I'm not feeling great right now - leaving work soon so going to neck some Neurofen and see if that helps. Hoping that my competitive streak will overcome this headache, basically.

So the tl:dr version: If I'm there: awesome, see you in a few hours. If not, which seems more likely right now, it's because I'm in a darkened room somewhere, racked with pain. Fun times ahead to see which happens.
    Show 'em who's boss tonight. BON CHANCE.

Aw, sorry to hear you're ill missus, would be great to see you again this evening, but mind yourself, don't want it to turn into a migraine :(

Advertisement