Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Water Fluoridation

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

zenno wrote: »
    you are a dentist not a scientist it seems you just believe what you have been tought. although i respect dentists we still have to get to the bottom of this. other dentists and scientists from all countries that are worried about this flouride are not going out of their way just to piss people off, they are genuinely worried about the health effects of flouridation.

what i am taught, and what scientists are taught in college is evidence. peer reviewed evidence, not some anecdotal crap that someone with an agenda can spout off somewhere. i can't take don mcauley's evidence seriously until it's been peer reviewed by a reputable institution that has nothing to gain from whatever way the results go. if it finds differently to what has been published before, then i will change my view. i won't hold my breath though.
    having seen them, i am more worried about the effects of the lack of fluoridation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

i'm not getting into an argument with you again. in the first place people should have a choice whether they want to use flouride or not. giving people no choice but to drink this toxic crap is wrong, simple as. when you give no person or citizen a choice in these circumstances then you are not living in a democracy. forcing flouride on the population of ireland in drinking tap water is bang out of order no matter what you as a dentist says.

WildBoots wrote: »
    Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.

- Mahatma Gandhi

of course, good point.

at the end of the day a dentist wants to look after his/her pacients i know this as true in all cases. but we need proper testing and oversight of the tests being done to assure the public of ireland that it is absolutely safe, which alot of people know flouride not to be. people are waking up now and are starting to ask questions, but in this backward government run country it is extremely hard to get an answer or reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.

- Mahatma Gandhi

Well in that case the one lone nut who thinks that fluoride is a plot by a race of lizard people who are in control of the world must be right.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

This is the problem right here.

what are you talking about?? what has the university of york got to gain by publishing the results of a peer review which found that fluoride is more beneficial than harmless?? nothing. they don't get more money because of it. they wouldn't have gotten anything if they found the results were the other way round. your statement is a load of balls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

what are you talking about?? what has the university of york got to gain by publishing the results of a peer review which found that fluoride is more beneficial than harmless?? nothing. they don't get more money because of it. they wouldn't have gotten anything if they found the results were the other way round. your statement is a load of balls.
    That's because you haven't heard of the vast evil conspiracy man.
    All medical studies are bought off by it.

Or the ones that counter nutty beliefs at least...

well I as a citizen of ireland want to drink water which has not been contaminated by high doses of chemicals and i am sure if you ask most reasonably intelligent people they will say the same. I think it's about bloody time we got clean unchemicalized water in ireland. most other EU countries governments and medical health officials at least have some respect for their citizens health.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Oh for ****'s sake.
    Enough if this ****e.
    Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement