Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BEER REVIEWS

• 17-02-2009 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭

I was sitting here tonight having a beer ,and WOW what a beer.I was wondering has anyone else tried this beer.
    SAM ADAMS TRIPLE BOCK 17.5%ALC
    Tasted a bit like coffee when i first started drinking it.Apparently it has maple syrup in it.Its a very strong beer with a great buzz.One was ok do'nt think i would like more than one as its a strong tasting sipping beer.One of the mates said it tasted like bovril,but i thought it was ok.Actually the more i drank it the better i liked it
    SO WHAT HAVE YOU TRIED LATELY?.:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

recently got addicted to belgian trappist beers

hi alcohol 9-13% and delish

full of sediment

about 9euro for a 70cl but worth every penny

in all decent off licences(or should be)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Jasus this was a waste of time,obviously everyone else in the country drinks that "yellow pack" muck heiniken, smithwicks, harp, budwiser,carlsberg,the usual mass produced piss to keep the peasants happy.The usual crap you get on tap in your local,with the exception of guinness of course.Guinness is Gods nectar,the only beer on tap worth drinking.
    Com'on lads give it another go,has anyone tried utopias beer?, chimay?,maisel's weisse?, erdinger?,warsteiner?.......no?.
    Ok forget about who likes TK red lemonade?....Everyone?....Yea i thought so.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Lately I've had a hard on for Redenbach Grand Cru not the strongest stuff in the world but I can drink it all day long.
    on the stronger side La Trappe Quadrupel.
    I haven't often gone above 12% and still enjoyed a beer immensly.
    Probably better making this thread in the actual beer forum here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I have had occasion to venture into grafton Street a few times over the last several weeks and I have discovered a little oasis in that shopping Hell...Bewleys!!

Not only do they do nice Pizza in there, but they also do an English Ale called St Peter's Organic Ale. Don't let the organic bit put you off, it is a very good lunchtime beer. It comes in a really cool bottle as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Well if you take a look at my beer blog, you will see i had a nice afternoon yesterday testing some beers at home. Franziskaner Wheat beer was the one i liked best yesterday.

Actually i saw the Franziskaner in Supervalu today, 3 for €6 (normally €2.70 each) so i grabbed another 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

I was sitting here tonight having a beer ,and WOW what a beer.I was wondering has anyone else tried this beer.
    SAM ADAMS TRIPLE BOCK 17.5%ALC
    How did you manage to get your hands on the stuff?

How did you manage to get your hands on the stuff?
    Mchughs off licence malahide road,across from goblet pub.They have a huge selection of beers from all over the world(up to 100).Bus 27 & 27b stop outside along with malahide buses.I got one of the limited edition utopias beers there a couple of years ago.Only 8000 bottles made at 200 euro each

ps i don't think i will be able to respond to anymore questions due to a dispute with the moderator.
    i expect to be banned imminently:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,920 ✭✭✭trout

ps i don't think i will be able to respond to anymore questions due to a dispute with the moderator.
    i expect to be banned imminently:eek:

picture.php?albumid=36&pictureid=1956

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

Nice beers recently are:

Hoegaarden
    Paulanner
    Fransikenger
    SchofferHoffer

All really lovely at any time of the year/day

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

francosp wrote: »
    Nice beers recently are:

Hoegaarden
    Paulanner
    Fransikenger
    SchofferHoffer

All really lovely at any time of the year/day

So you like wheat beer them:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

oblivious wrote: »
    So you like wheat beer them:D

Sure do.. Its taaaaaaasty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

I'm expecting a full beer report from Herr Trout after the Dusseldorf beers, cant go myself, stoopid work. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Purchased 2 bottles of

Franziskaner Hefe-Weissbier Hell

Nice fruity German Beer
    Price €2.70 PB

dsc000252in6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭mazza

syngindub wrote: »
    Purchased 2 bottles of

Nice fruity German Beer
    Price €2.70 PB

If you fancy more, this beer is on special at 5 half liter bottles for a tenner in McHughs offlicense on the Kilbarrack Road in Dublin, if you're anywhere nearby.

They have a range of about 4/5 different bottled beers available on the same deal which is rapidly becoming a habit. ;)

mazza wrote: »
    If you fancy more, this beer is on special at 5 half liter bottles for a tenner in McHughs offlicense on the Kilbarrack Road in Dublin, if you're anywhere nearby.

They have a range of about 4/5 different bottled beers available on the same deal which is rapidly becoming a habit. ;)

5 half litre bottles.
    I'll be on my ear :D..Going to try different beer tomorrow, so i'll write a better review

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

My current addiction is Leffe (after dragging myself away from my previous habit of buckfast :D). Its about 6 quid for 4 bottles, but its the type of drink you take your time enjoying rather than just throwing it back to get pissed! Not to mention that a sweetly rolled j of mary jane compliments the taste perfectly ;)

DarkJager wrote: »
    My current addiction is Leffe (after dragging myself away from my previous habit of buckfast :D). Its about 6 quid for 4 bottles, but its the type of drink you take your time enjoying rather than just throwing it back to get pissed! Not to mention that a sweetly rolled j of mary jane compliments the taste perfectly ;)

Exactly, the perfect combo alright. Pity it's so hard to find decent J's these days :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

King cobra. 8%

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Hamiltonion

Gentlemen, Corona: guilty pleasure, wimmins drink or perfect accompaniment to a warm summers day?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭sioda

Speights gold medal ale from new zealand really miss it and would love to get some here. Great flavour and colour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,268 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Gentlemen, Corona: guilty pleasure, wimmins drink or perfect accompaniment to a warm summers day?

Absolute, complete and utter píss that I wouldn't use to clean my drains with. It's the only beer I've ever physically handed back to a barman and asked for something different. This was abroad, years before it was available here and I didn't realise what I was ordering. And as for the poncey bit of lime in the bottle, don't get me started...

DarkJager wrote: »

Im not a fan of Leffe, I think I just do not like Blonde beers as they are too sweet to me.

I had a wonderful beer the other night. Fullers London Porter, it was absolutely fantastic. Fullers make London Pride and Honey dew which are regulars at any decent off license or supermarket. A very complex beer. I wrote about it on my blog.

Oh and on Corona, the real Mccoy is called Negra Modelo. That is what you get at a proper Mexican restaurant in the US (or anywhere in Mexico). None of this Corona crap. Still served with Lime, the purpose of which is to bring out the citrus flavour as opposed to Corona which just gives it flavour.

Yum yum bubble gum stick up the monkeys bum!.

Yup i really liked this beer,i will be trying it again,apparently it's matured for 500 days in 30 year old single malt casks.

Not a bad brew if i say so myself,not as good as the fullers reserve.But I would try it again.

Its an ok lager from alsace,nothing special,i won't be going out of my way to try another one.

By sapporo,i liked this one,although i must say i never tried a japanese beer i did'nt like.

Yes i liked this one alot,very tasty,a little bitter but still one i would try again.

Lovely german beer,dark and sweet,IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII LIKE IT!.Got a white plastic goat attached to the bottle for some reason.(no i'm not drunk)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Lukasz.

syngindub wrote: »
    Purchased 2 bottles of

Nice fruity German Beer
    Price €2.70 PB

dsc000252in6.jpg

one of the most glorious weissbiers i have ever tried.
    A rare treat for me.

this really is a quality drink,and i would recommend this!

great full bodied taste,perfect for the Oktoberfest season.Yum yum :)

• Advertisement

Lukasz. wrote: »
    one of the most glorious weissbiers i have ever tried.
    A rare treat for me.

this really is a quality drink,and i would recommend this!

great full bodied taste,perfect for the Oktoberfest season.Yum yum :)

I spent a great sunny day a while back drinking Franziskaner, I compared it to a Paulaner and I also had a munchen pilsner.

http://www.taleofale.com/2009/02/there-are-now-three-decent-beers-at-my.html

Advertisement