Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experiences/advice with Airsoft retailers.

• 17-08-2006 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭

"LOL - First Post !! LOL!!"

Hey guys, thinking about getting a new airsoft gun, possibly an mp5 or a p90, anyone got any recommendations on where to buy?

Either electric or gas powered model, but obviously within the 1joule legal limit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭whupass

ehh welll if you're skint then speedytoys have a p90 for $40 and mp5s for $100 (relitivly good)

www.wgcshop.com have everything and they don't seem to sell stuff that you'd buy in spain for a fiver you know? it's all good it seems, they have a p-90 for $240 which is cheaper then gizmos-uk.com but you have to pay shipping. on gizmos any shipment over €100 has free shipping but their prices are higher. for www.speedytoys.com you can get a discount (10%) if you click on the picture of eminem on the homepage.

Basically, they all have good things going for them and you should shop around and find out how much the shipping is and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭newby.204

Here is two good sites i came across, formated well, info displayed and easy to use.

www.redwolfairsoft.com

www.depot53.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

• Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Or I could just sticky it now and let the real mods sort it all out later...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 bniall

I am actually selling my Tokyo Marui G3SG1 with a 1 joule upgrade, scope mount, reddot sight and auto-tracer a full and proper description can be seen at airsoftireland.com/forums simply click on the link to view below.

http://www.airsoftireland.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4555&hl=

• Advertisement

http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/bb/product.asp?page=product&id=32RTMHKG3SD1

the picture displayed on the airsoftireland link is the actual gun. I apologise for the bad quality pics but it was a bad quality camera :) . What may look like rust on the gun actually dirt, yes dirt i forgot to cean the thing after the last game before the summer.

as far as the gun goes it is a cross between a sniper and a support gun. i am only selling it to buy a laptop :(

the upgrade cost me just under £50 the gun cost £215. An Auto-tracer is an accessory that fits on and looks like a silencer but when shooing special bbs and shot at night the tracer makes the bb glow and it looks just like tracer rounds from a real gun.

I am looking for around £200 (or 295euro for the gun (because it has hardly ever been used, it is such good condition and because of the upgrade)

the mount is £15 (or 20euro) (original cost was £30 and only used once)
    auto-tracer is £45 (or 65euro) (orig cost was £70 and only used once)
    reddot sight is £20 (or 30euro) (orig cost was £45 and only used once)

the total bundle is £280 (or 410euro) (all originally costing £410 or 600euro and thats still not taking into account p&p and the customs it all cost me from hong kong).

if buying please remember that i do prefer English stirling NOT Euros and that it will still needs to be posted although if you wanbt you can pick up from a location either my house or any of the four airsofting sites in northern ireland.

comes in all original boxes and manuals and spoken/written advice from me on how to look after use the gun.

it comes with the battery, standard mag and charger. Charger at extra cost. if you want to use the gun as a support weopon i strongly advise on buying a new high capacity mag (very easily bought from even the worst supplier)

pm me or email at bniall@gmail.com

no dreamers please

Right, I have no idea what the permanent mods will want to do with selling gear on here. And I don't want to dump trouble on their plates either, so I suggest that we do something like what we do on the shooting forum for now - one post in a seperate thread, I'll lock it off at that point, and everyone can sort it out by PM or email thereafter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭nupplenits

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

anyone ordered one of those p90's from speedytoys.com? really want one but they're out of stock

Edit: just had a look at ordering an mp5 instead, $83 for shipping???

I've gotten quotes for shipping from wgc, gunsnguys and dentrinity and they're in the €70ish range. Decided to go for gizmos-uk just in case the customs charge me the 23.7% VAT and Customs duty. Free shipping helps too.

• Advertisement

B00MSTICK wrote:
    I've gotten quotes for shipping from wgc, gunsnguys and dentrinity and they're in the €70ish range. Decided to go for gizmos-uk just in case the customs charge me the 23.7% VAT and Customs duty. Free shipping helps too.

gizmos-uk and cheap aegs are not good

some guys on asi have had probs with gizmos-uk ie they take your money and dont give the goods and cheap aegs may be great on the wallet, but they cannot be upgraded nor are they good quality

just to let you know

Sparks wrote:
    Right, I have no idea what the permanent mods will want to do with selling gear on here. And I don't want to dump trouble on their plates either, so I suggest that we do something like what we do on the shooting forum for now - one post in a seperate thread, I'll lock it off at that point, and everyone can sort it out by PM or email thereafter.

well they allow advertising on the players name but i cant get it to work

Im probably the person who has been advising people the most not to get the cheapo ones. Its a CA33E, cheapest price I've found.

B00MSTICK wrote:
    Im probably the person who has been advising people the most not to get the cheapo ones. Its a CA33E, cheapest price I've found.

thats the Classic Army one is it, post a link if its not so i can tell you. Cheapo AEGs for airsofting are the equivelant of a £3 bb gun at a market. They may not be bad its just that the power is bad, they cant be upgraded body and internal quality is bad and often break down. And they are a b@astar@d to resell

CA are the only company to my knowledge that make the HK33E. Its definitley CA hence it's called the CA 33E. If gizmos are indeed dire I may see If I can find this anywhere. Although I doubt ill be able to wait for them to release it.

B00MSTICK wrote:
    CA are the only company to my knowledge that make the HK33E. Its definitley CA hence it's called the CA 33E. If gizmos are indeed dire I may see If I can find this anywhere. Although I doubt ill be able to wait for them to release it.

I am selling an aeg just like that but its made by Tokyo Marui and its called a G3SG1 its the same gun but different names

it is a sniping/support weopon, as i said i am selling one that is 1 joule it may seem expensive but it is a heck of alot cheaper than buyin gt egun, upgrade, mount, reddot, p&p and customs

I already have an RDS, all the mounts other accessories etc. The CA33E has a metal mech box (the TM is plastic right?) pre-upgraded gears/brushings etc so I can pop in a PDI 120% and get 1 joule in a snap. Id probably prefer the CA33E over the G3SG1 because it is quite a bit shorter and is more of an assault rifle then a sniper/support. I'll still be interested to see how the new hop up system goes though.

Im sure someone will take your rifle, tons of wannabe snipers out there ;)

B00MSTICK wrote:
    I already have an RDS, all the mounts other accessories etc. The CA33E has a metal mech box (the TM is plastic right?) pre-upgraded gears/brushings etc so I can pop in a PDI 120% and get 1 joule in a snap. Id probably prefer the CA33E over the G3SG1 because it is quite a bit shorter and is more of an assault rifle then a sniper/support. I'll still be interested to see how the new hop up system goes though.

Im sure someone will take your rifle, tons of wannabe snipers out there ;)

well thanks, well suits your needs, its why im changing guns because right now i NEED a laptop lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

are there are shops in NI where you can buy decent airsoft guns for a reasonably price? Im thinking it might be worth a trip to belfast, the postage seems to be a major killer on most websites.

Im thinking of buying something in the 100e/£70 range at the moment, still a student so cant afford much until next summer probably

kdouglas wrote:
    are there are shops in NI where you can buy decent airsoft guns for a reasonably price? Im thinking it might be worth a trip to belfast, the postage seems to be a major killer on most websites.

Im thinking of buying something in the 100e/£70 range at the moment, still a student so cant afford much until next summer probably

youmay not get much for that range although, if you go to http://www.airsoftireland.com/forums/index.php?showforum=46

the airsoft ireland place, this part of the forums actually sell old aegs for low prices, im sure you could get some guy to split a package down to just 1 the gun 2 the battery 3 magazines 4 charger for £100

actually pm him and ask for a split for those things

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Hauk

I have to recommed UNCompany and Fire-Support. Frank and John over at Fire-Support are two of the coolest guys ever, and even help me fix my pistol when I was having trouble with it. UNCompany have been great to me too. I ordered $375 worth of airsoft stuff about a month ago, and received everything fine. And I now have an MP7, a box of low cap mags, and a precision barrel on their way from them, which came to $316 shipped.

Hope that helps people :)

Hauk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Harekin

Okay, a sticky thread for posting your personal experiences with different retailers. Please note that if you're saying something that would be seen as negative, you must stick to the bare facts and that alone. Doing otherwise would invite charges of libel for boards.ie, which will be avoided by deleting negative speculative comments...

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭-Strawbs-

So you're saying not to say why theyre bad? Just that they're bad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Shigsy

I think he means something more along the line of
    "I dont like this site because it took 2 months to ship my gun even though they said it would only take a week"

... as apposed to...

"these are stupid bastards, i hope they burn in hell, dont ever use them"

btw, this is a 'sample' comment, and is not aimed at any retailer in particular :)

Exactly.
    Something like "I ordered a marker from them, it didn't arrive for six months, it was broken and they overcharged me for the spare parts" - that's fair comment.
    Something like "They're a bunch of sheep-molesting eejits who ripped me off" is more commonly known as "libel"...

newby.204 wrote:
    Here is two good sites i came across, formated well, info displayed and easy to use.

www.redwolfairsoft.com

www.depot53.com

http://www.depot53.com does not ship outside the US, so that no use to us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭newby.204

Shigsy wrote:
    http://www.depot53.com does not ship outside the US, so that no use to us :)

Sorry about that didn realise!!! my apologies

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Hauk

UNCompany. Great company. Shipped everything I needed, and it was all professionally packaged.

Hauk

• Advertisement

No prob, i wasnt having a go or anything :) Im finding it hard to get non-us sites too to be honest.

Advertisement