Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASOS

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

ElleElleB wrote: »
    I've ordered from asos before but when I do I don't buy asos own brand stuff. The only asos brand item I ever bought was a dress that turned out to be awful. I take a size 10 and never ever a 12 if anything I sometimes take an 8 and the dress wouldn't even zip up it was super tight and it was also really short. The fabric was bad too and really thin, it felt worse than something I'd buy in Pennys but it cost about €50. Of course I returned it but I had to pay about €7 postage to do so which was annoying because a lot of other sites have free returns. I think asos is a big enough website that they should be able to offer free returns to their customers. I thought maybe I just got a bad buy but maybe it just goes to show that asos own brand stuff isn't great.

However I've been lucky to get some nice River Island and Lipsy stuff on asos on sale that was fantastic. I know River Island and Lipsy's quality so I felt happy buying them. So I tend to stick to other brands on asos rather than their own brand items.

Since moving back from the UK I've only bought from ASOS once and paid €6 to return a bra that cost £10. I think its possibly because they use An Post, and they must have some affiliation with a courier and the RM in the UK - probably due to higher demand in the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

can you track an asos order? i ordered yesterday, any idea with the new years and stuff when my order should arrive

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭CMBT

EdenHazard wrote: »
    can you track an asos order? i ordered yesterday, any idea with the new years and stuff when my order should arrive

No, Irish customers can't track their items. Did it give you an estimate of when it would arrive, they are usually accurate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

I ordered something today, and in the email I received it said I should expect my items on or before the 9th of January. I always find them to be much faster though. The New Year should only delay it by an extra day so I'd expect it Monday or Tuesday week at the latest tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

I have to say I find ASOS customer service excellent.

I had an order a few months ago that didn't get delivered. They sent the order out again to me straight away.
    The tracking number was saying it was delivered though so they took a lot of faith in sending the order again.
    I appreciate it as I buy a lot from them and will continue to do so.

I always have free returns here in the US and thought I did in Ireland too so nit sure why some people are paying for returns.

Their clothing quality is hit or miss. Some things are gorgeous, some horrible. But for me it's not a big deal. I just send back the stuff I don't like.

My only issue really is the fact that when I first started shopping with them, they had tons of stuff you'd see on celebrities. They've strayed from their name which was/is 'As Seen On Screen'.
    I wish they stayed true to their roots on that one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

bout a pair of fab wedges few months back for €50. Took them out of the box, felt like cardboard! very poor quality & fit was v small. Was so disapointed :( won't be buying ASOS brand shoes again!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭lorem ipsum

I bought a dress in the ASOS sale, still hasn't arrived so hope its ok. I did find out something about the exchange rates tho when I bought it.

I looked up the dress in work and it was listed as 95 euro. When I went to order it at home my computer listed the item in sterling £65. I did a quick conversion online and saw that was 79 euro. So I payed in sterling instead of euro, sure enough when it hit my card it was 80 euro, a whole 15 euro cheaper than the ASOS exchange rate!

From now on, I'll always pay in sterling!

I bought a dress in the ASOS sale, still hasn't arrived so hope its ok. I did find out something about the exchange rates tho when I bought it.

I looked up the dress in work and it was listed as 95 euro. When I went to order it at home my computer listed the item in sterling £65. I did a quick conversion online and saw that was 79 euro. So I payed in sterling instead of euro, sure enough when it hit my card it was 80 euro, a whole 15 euro cheaper than the ASOS exchange rate!

That's ridiculous! I buy from ASOS all the time, but I have to pay in euro cos all I have is a laser card.:(

There's bound to be a delay with items be delivered at the moment by the way, because they use An Post, and their delivery dates have been very erratic in the last week.

how does one go about paying in sterling:confused: l only got a laser card....

how does one go about paying in sterling:confused: l only got a laser card....

You can pay in sterling with a Visa card I imagine!

• Advertisement

Hi, I paid with my visa card but all I did was switch the currency in the top left hand corner. When I go onto the ASOS homepage, there is a little union jack in the top right corner of the page. Under that there is a drop down menu with a choice of currencies. I've had my account since 2008 so I don't know if that effects it.

Hope that helps

LI

Sorry I should explain that more. I don't change the currency when I get to paying. I do it when I log on to the site. You should see every price in GBP then.

Sorry I should explain that more. I don't change the currency when I get to paying. I do it when I log on to the site. You should see every price in GBP then.

very clever ;)

I did that last night but it still doesn't work with Laser cards. Great if you have a Visa though!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

So annoying, ordered Saturday and still not here!

So annoying, ordered Saturday and still not here!

Did you not take into account that the New Year would slow things down? What date did they say you could expect your items?

Advertisement