Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Too much excercise damages the planet, time to wise up.

• 20-12-2014 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

I was cycling down to the shops this evening when I realised that I could be harming the enviroment. Every pump of those pedals made me breathe heavier, harder, and deeper. The heavier I breath the more CO2 I am expelling into the atmosphere. I can't live with the burden of this guilt. I really need to slow down to a point where I can take shallower breaths.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,988 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I was cycling down to the shops this evening when I realised that I could be harming the enviroment. Every pump of those pedals made me breathe heavier, harder, and deeper. The heavier I breath the more CO2 I am expelling into the atmosphere. I can't live with the burden of this guilt. I really need to slow down to a point where I can take shallower breaths.

How have you managed to survive withotu breathing in oxygen?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭somuj

How have you managed to survive withotu breathing in oxygen?

Should have paid attention in school

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

somuj wrote: »
    Should have paid attention in school

Do go on and explain.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

The more you exercise the more food you consume and waste you expel. It's a planetary disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭spongebob89

Sounds like another scientific bull**** fact you would read in the Herald op

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,764 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

So just walk to the shops and turn off your computer then and turn off all the electricity in your house permanently. You could even get Brendan O Connor to ask the entire nation to do the same and we could all switch off the TV when he comes on.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭somuj

Do go on and explain.

One breaths in oxygen and expels CO2.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,407 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Should have driven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

OP must never far. Eh?
    Every pump of those pedals made me breathe heavier, harder, and deeper. The heavier I breath the more CO2 I am expelling into the atmosphere

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

A gentleman will walk but never run

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Hold your breath the next time, save some for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,988 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

My point was that, in order to not expel CO2 he;s have to stop breathing in oxygen. Wasn;t clearly thought out, I know - as you said, probably should have paid attention in that, learny uniromy building I went to!
    :o

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

You're doing it wrong. You need to wear a mask… with a pipe… attached to your rectum

Indeed, as she had stated about breathing in oxygen. You knew what she meant to say...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

That's the reason I don't do any. Honest. Save the world. We only have the one.

Jesus I've been a bloody tree hugging hippy this past week so :o

A gentleman will walk but never run

We shall test this scenario out during a volcanic eruption/ herd of cattle coming towards you/ zombie pandemic/ etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

bring a bucket of water with you.

if you breath out underwater then the cabon dioxide will dissolve in the water and not go into the atmosphere

problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

if you breath out underwater then the cabon dioxide will dissolve in the water and not go into the atmosphere

problem solved.

Fizzy water, win-win for everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

problem solved.

Would this work if I put a five liter bottle of water into a backpack and attached a length of garden hose to exhale into?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

I must be a tree hugger so, cause the last time I excersised was goin to the fridge

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭KomradeBishop

Next up, set light to your farts to stop global warming from methane.

Advertisement