Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Avoiding sausage fests

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Venus In Furs

lufties wrote: »
    Nope, Ice queens who can barely crack a smile.
    Maybe they're spoken for too. People don't really go to yoga for getting dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Maybe they're spoken for too. People don't really go to yoga for getting dates.

yes so ive learned...although smiling is just being friendly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

I pick up women in the supermarket,bored housewives

yes so ive learned
    Would you not have known that anyway?
    although smiling is just being friendly.
    True, but maybe it doesn't feel comfortable to them - yoga-class isn't like a bar where you're dressed up and in mode for chatting up. I wouldn't agree with anyone being rude to you though.

Would you not have known that anyway?

True, but maybe it doesn't feel comfortable to them - yoga-class isn't like a bar where you're dressed up and in mode for chatting up. I wouldn't agree with anyone being rude to you though.

smiling isn't threatening, or intimidating...The yoga I go to is in a posh part of london so perhaps thats something to do with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Big Black Bilbo

Does the yoga place provide a locker for you to keep your balls while you're doing the yoga?

Lol, exercise, what a fag, right?

smiling isn't threatening, or intimidating...The yoga I go to is in a posh part of london so perhaps thats something to do with it.
    I don't mean smiling by itself - and I didn't say anything about threatening or intimidating.
    Just choose the right environment. A lot of people want to just do their exercise and keep to themselves. I'd be the same. I'd never be rude to anyone though, I'm not defending that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

:D

Anyone know where to go where there are less men than women?

I think I'm done with pubs, went to a singles night last night and it was awful ****e. I don't have much luck on tinder, or dating websites. It seems i'm **** out of luck.

I do yoga but the women are mostly stuck up or don't want to be chatted up.

might try dancing classes :o

Do you want to have more female friends and female interactions or looking for a gf/ons type friend?

Ballroom dance; samba; fitness classes; toastmasters; volunteer at the dog pound; an evening class. It's a bit much to do any of these just to meet a woman (instead of doing them for their own sake) but the potential is increased.

We hear so much talk about how social the Irish are but if the pub-trade were to close tomorrow, we wouldn't know what to do with ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,370 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Just avoid the German markets they like their sausages they do.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I'm confused, is the OP a guy or a woman?

• Advertisement

I don't mean smiling by itself - and I didn't say anything about threatening or intimidating.
    Just choose the right environment. A lot of people want to just do their exercise and keep to themselves. I'd be the same. I'd never be rude to anyone though, I'm not defending that.

I'm actually there to exercise too. In fairness if a woman started chatting to me I would respond and I think most men would. It must be just women. I guess there is a shortage of women in comparison to men, I reckon its supply and demand, for every attractive female there is 5 or 6 men fighting for her affections, hence women can be picky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Forget yoga, go to this class...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

I'm actually there to exercise too. In fairness if a woman started chatting to me I would respond...

Even to an ugly, Irish Feminist?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Even to an ugly, Irish Feminist?

Why only limit it to Irish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Girls may have tried to hit on me or flirt in the gym, but I wouldnt know, because when Im there, I'm looking elsewhere, trying to concentrate on what im doing, and tbh hoping no-one sees me. I wouldnt try to flirt with a girl there for the same reason. Same for yoga when I did it. The yoga class I did was 95% female, but I was very much aware that a wayward comment could make me persona non grata instantly.

OP, what about a cookery class? Sure to be female dominant, but you all won't be in yoga pants, doing awkward poses or feeling self-concious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Chatting people up at yoga is quite creepy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭The Strawman Argument

guess there is a shortage of women in comparison to men, I reckon its supply and demand, for every attractive female there is 5 or 6 men fighting for her affections, hence women can be picky.
    If you're gonna go all economics on it, the rational response is to move down the attractiveness curve until you find your point of equilibrium.

In other words, either lower your standards and see how that goes or focus instead on developing your hobbies/interests/etc in a way which increase your chances of meeting new people you might like (not just for relationships, mind) and that'll ideally boost your chances of meeting someone you like while actually enjoying yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ygolometsipe

Fair play OP, your putting in the effort!
    I procrastinate, its easier.

I hope someday, you nail the posh girl from the yoga class....

I found some inspiration for you...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

086lavey wrote: »
    Is house in a estate ? Could be street lighting , seen this done many times when I was carrying out inspection reports ,

Wha'?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 194 ✭✭GalwayGuitar

Standman wrote: »
    I've heard gay bars are a good place to meet straight women, due to a lot of them going there with their gay friends. They are generally more off guard and approachable apparently.

Lol op tries that approach and ends up getting raped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Try sauna/bikram yoga instead, much better chance there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Did you get that whole Bugs Bunny thing sorted out yet?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

braddun wrote: »

Whoever coded that site/video player for mobile should be sacked. When I click 'skip ad' it pauses the video and pops up the ad. When I exit the ad and go back to the screen and click 'skip ad' again it does the exact same thing. Over and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Candy_Girl

Nope, Ice queens who can barely crack a smile.

If you're looking to chat women up the gym isn't the place for it, give online dating a second shot at least everyone is there for the same reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Or take a beauty therapy course

I agree, very manly.Chicks dig that ****....

Candy_Girl wrote: »
    If you're looking to chat women up the gym isn't the place for it, give online dating a second shot at least everyone is there for the same reason.

Lots of dates and relationships happen because of conversations/"chatting up" done at the gym. If two people are there then it's obviously a common interest and hobby and who better for a fitness enthusiast to date than another fitness enthusiast?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

Salsa or bachata dance classes. Anytime I've gone, the women outnumber the guys.

If you're gonna go all economics on it, the rational response is to move down the attractiveness curve until you find your point of equilibrium.

In other words, either lower your standards and see how that goes or focus instead on developing your hobbies/interests/etc in a way which increase your chances of meeting new people you might like (not just for relationships, mind) and that'll ideally boost your chances of meeting someone you like while actually enjoying yourself.

Ok well I'm always open to talking to women. What do you mean by lowering standards? Someone less attractive looking? Well to be honest if your talking about looks I am above average, I've always been popular with women generally but nowadays for some reason even women who are not really attractive dont give me a look in. I honestly don't see why I should lower my standards in that sense. Otherwise I'm well educated and am decent.

I think its a mixture of not getting exposure and probably a lack of what they call 'game'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

I am going to go out in a limb here and say the problem is your personality...

Advertisement