Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Working in an office, when the phone rings for someone away from their desk.

And rings and rings and rings and f*cking rings.

If they didn't pick up on the 5th ring, they're probably not at their desk you muppets!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

jimgoose wrote: »
    You wot?? :confused:

Painful birth - get revenge on the wee one by saddling him with a sh.ite name :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Kris Kindle

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Painful birth - get revenge on the wee one by saddling him with a sh.ite name :)

"Luigi, witha the bigga heada":D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Thought I was well past that stage. I think she was just way too excited about getting to the slide.

Believe me I know the feeling; I am over 70 and certainly some thing ARE a second childhood... God bless the checkout staff at LIDL who always let me use their staff.. loo.. spare pants are a must these days:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

The fact that no matter when you go into hospital, no matter what it's first, they always insist on freaking you out asking ridiculous questions about pregnancy. I had a couple of fits earlier, proper seizures one after the other rather than the usual feeling of 'feeling weird'. He called an ambulance and the ambulance told them when they brought me in it was epilepsy fits.

I've been asked about 4 times if I'm pregnant/could I be pregnant. Stop freaking me out.

Now they NEVER ask me that ;)

I have to drink water to help the tiny amount of food I've eaten go down. It's not fun at all.

I often have to do that anyways with no infection. Seems an old age thing. If I swallow anything solid that is more than tiny it sticks all the way down.

gammygils wrote: »
    Rushing across the street in the rain and nipping between 2 parked cars before realising one of them has a bloody tow bar.......

Ah! ffffffff!

OUCH! OUCH!! OUCH!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

Graces7 wrote: »
    I often have to do that anyways with no infection. Seems an old age thing. If I swallow anything solid that is more than tiny it sticks all the way down.
    That sounds pleasant. :eek:

You can all be TA at me as I am happy! Nothing to be TA at! Had a wonderful morning shopping, got all I needed and more and so much simple kindness and helpfulness .. after Mass in the Cathedral they were starting to build the Christmas Garden.... so looking forward to it. I made sure they are putting a few benches for us old wans so we can sit and gaze at it...kneeling is no longer an option as getting up is ******* Collie is better after a bad day yesterday ( she is old and will not last long).. Got lots of bargains in Dunnes so we shall all eat well, my cats and my dogs and I.. even some reduced chestnuts..Blowing a howling wet gale out there but safe and snug until Sunday now.. and the fire in the range lit first try..:o:o:p:p;)

• Advertisement

That sounds pleasant. :eek:

Great fun if I forget as breathing is compromised! The delights of old age! But hey, soup i grand ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

What's a range

What's a range

Old style solid fuel cooker... You fill the fire compartment and it has hot plates atop and an oven at the side. Sensible houses connect them to the water supply so you can heat water and radiators but this one stands alone. they get called Aga and Rayburn more than ranges.. Mine here is the heart of the house, burns wood, turf, coal and always water heating atop

Great fun if I forget as breathing is compromised! The delights of old age! But hey, soup i grand ;)
    Sounds better than 500mg capsules anyway.

Sounds better than 500mg capsules anyway.

True ! My Tylex is soluble ;)

True ! My Tylex is soluble ;)
    :eek::eek::D you wish:P

What's a range

There is an old cowboy song called "Granny, get down off the fireplace, you are too old to be riding the range":D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

A couple of months ago, we took out our front wall and gate. My TA is that I regularly still hear the click of someone coming in the gate. I'm starting to freak myself out that the gate is still there in another dimension, and my Dad is coming through it. I really need to stop reading Stephen King....

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭JanaMay

Not being able to get through to parents when I have good news and the lovely warm feeling I had on receiving said good news is slowly ebbing away as it is replaced by a general irritation that they are not answering their phones......

Aw, I hate that. You're all excited and want to share the good news...and it rings out! When I had my second child (very, very early) I didn't tell them I was in labour. They're in a different country and didn't want to worry them. Then, when it was all done, a whopping healthy baby...nobody answered their phones! About 5 hours later I got a text from my sister 'Saw your missed call, what were you up to?'!!! 'Squeezing a sofa out through my fanny' I answered!

:eek::eek::D you wish:P

True; it is blackcurrant flavour and fizzy!
    Like Alka Seltzer with a kick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

JanaMay wrote: »
    Aw, I hate that. You're all excited and want to share the good news...and it rings out! When I had my second child (very, very early) I didn't tell them I was in labour. They're in a different country and didn't want to worry them. Then, when it was all done, a whopping healthy baby...nobody answered their phones! About 5 hours later I got a text from my sister 'Saw your missed call, what were you up to?'!!! 'Squeezing a sofa out through my fanny' I answered!

:D

JanaMay wrote: »

OUCH!

Reminds me. At the Craft Fair in SUnday, a young woman walked past with a baby in a sling.. then I did a double take as all I could see was a fluffy big black ear sticking out. Thought for a moment it was a puppy.. Just a hat..

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭JanaMay

Ah yeah it was quite ouchy at the time but nothing compared to the pain of them not answering their feckin phones! In my hormonal haze I was fully convinced that they were all having a massive family party without me...at 10 in the morning! I felt so left out, I could see them there with their tins of Roses and Viscount biscuits all together munching away! Sleeveens!

Now I'm annoyed at them all over again! :mad::pac:

I met someone yesterday, who had to attend A&E, and they only had to wait twenty mins to be seen by a doctor.

I attended a consultant last week as a private patient and I waited longer than that. If the above were the norm, the VHI could go fcuk themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I met someone yesterday, who had to attend A&E, and they only had to wait twenty mins to be seen by a doctor.

I attended a consultant last week as a private patient and I waited longer than that. If the above were the norm, the VHI could go fcuk themselves.

When I was in a+e yesterday I was waiting about the same before a doctor came, was really surprised. Thought I'd be ages waiting but I wasnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Oh, right you are Ted. No, in fairness he's Eastern European. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

"Luigi, witha the bigga heada":D

That's a wee cracker that one! :):):)

I have been three times to A and E and the first two times that were by ambulance I was seen almost immediately - medical card here. Third time more but less urgent.

went for Mammogram fews week ago in Jams Hospital Dublin APpt was for 4' oclock.
    Im not joking when I say I had literally take my jacket off and sat down to begin waiting, when I was called in. I was done and dusted in about 20 mins flat.

• Advertisement

When I was in a+e yesterday I was waiting about the same before a doctor came, was really surprised. Thought I'd be ages waiting but I wasnt.
    Jake1 wrote: »
    went for Mammogram fews week ago in Jams Hospital Dublin APpt was for 4' oclock.
    Im not joking when I say I had literally take my jacket off and sat down to begin waiting, when I was called in. I was done and dusted in about 20 mins flat.

150 for the consultant
    180 for test A, covered by VHI
    140 for test B, not covered VHI

The bit that pissed me off? being screwed for the car park, all of 3.50. Baxtards

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement