Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where can i find commission only Salespeople?

• 11-07-2011 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi
    Any advice would be welcome as to where a new small start up can find salespeople prepared to work on a commission only basis.
    any suggestions as to where we can find someone or anyone potentially interested would be welcome.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

dwireland wrote: »
    Hi
    Any advice would be welcome as to where a new small start up can find salespeople prepared to work on a commission only basis.
    any suggestions as to where we can find someone or anyone potentially interested would be welcome.

Thanks

Any jobs post. If your product is good enough you will have people lining up to get commission.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

I'd advise against the commission only route, unless you are the next Facebook or something.

If you don't give a professional sales person some kind of base salary in which they know they can pay bills/mortgage, etc then what you'll end up with is lacklustre sales staff who, upon having a bad week, will jump ship at the very next opportunity. Then your clients will get tired of dealing with different sales people every few weeks which is counter productive to what sales is all about - the building of lasting relationships which are mutually beneficial.

As a previous poster said to get commission only sales staff your product has to be amazing and if it is that then it will sell itself. If not then you need to pay wages to ensure you get sustainable success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Hi

Thanks

If you can't pay minimum wage then you shouldn't be in business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Hi

Thanks

What kind of product is it ? What kind of sales people does it need ?

If it's say an enterprise software product that might have a 3-6 month sales cycle, it's probably not realistic to get a commission-only sales person. If you're selling cheap stationery then maybe. Other things you might need to consider are giving the person share options or very high commission on the first €X of sales each month so that they can at least pay their bills in a bad month.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Your market is strictly business on this. Your going to have problems with a rep working for comission on.

What i suggest you do is have someone who is working on business to business only piggy back this. for example commercial sky reps.

Better still why not offer it to eirtricity reps or standard sky reps jesus then really pound the street and even if they posted a flyer while they traveled....

• Advertisement

just to clarify the sales are website sales/rentals.

http://www.websiterental.eu/ReSellers.aspx

I really can't see there being much money in that for a sales person, especially with the amount of travelling around they would have to do to get those 12 sales per week.

Thats more than 3 sales per day... Even if they could manage to speak to 9 people a day, face-to-face - I can't see them making the required sales.

I can see a lot of flaws with your business, I can also see a few good points - but I think you'll find it very hard to get people to pay for a year upfront, not knowing if you will still be around next month or the month after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Sorry but I'm going to call a spade a spade. This is an awful proposition to any sales person who has half a clue about the web hosting business. Calling it website rental is strange, bog standard hosting provides the same functions and more.

The price point is too high for consumers at around 4 times what the regular hosting packages start at which have more features than your packages and too low for such as sales method.

The domain used for the rest of your site http://websiterental.eu.dnnmax.com/RentaWebsite.aspx is unprofessional and the site is simply bad.

This page http://websiterental.eu.dnnmax.com/ReSellers.aspx is simply incredible.

I could go on, but suffice it say, your credibility is sorely lacking.

tricky D wrote: »
    Sorry but I'm going to call a spade a spade. This is an awful proposition to any sales person who has half a clue about the web hosting business. Calling it website rental is strange, bog standard hosting provides the same functions and more.

The price point is too high for consumers at around 4 times what the regular hosting packages start at which have more features than your packages and too low for such as sales method.

The domain used for the rest of your site http://websiterental.eu.dnnmax.com/RentaWebsite.aspx is unprofessional and the site is simply bad.

This page http://websiterental.eu.dnnmax.com/ReSellers.aspx is simply incredible.

I could go on, but suffice it say, your credibility is sorely lacking.

11pm on Thursday night (many consumer's payday) and website won't connect "server cannot be found" your clients will not be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

"sales agents can easily earn up to €28,000 or higher in year one".

At 50% commission on year one sales, they'd need to be finding a new person each day to pay 200 quid for a poorly designed website + hosting. Scarcely easy.

[edit]
    I was looking at a cached copy of the resellers page. Your current terms are utterly ridiculous. Still, good luck with the venture.

Advertisement