Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online car sales Poland

• 22-04-2013 3:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

Anyone help with giving me some advice on car sale websites in Poland? Looking to buy a car in Southern Poland, but struggling to find websites.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭fAzI

snaps wrote: »
    Dziękuję bardzo

To be fair and more grammatically your sentence should be "Bardzo dziękuję" :)

also this websites should help you ;)

http://www.uzywane.mojeauto.pl/

http://moto.gratka.pl/

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭andala

fAzI wrote: »
    To be fair and more grammatically your sentence should be "Bardzo dziękuję" :)

No it shouldn't. Both forms are grammatically correct but "Dziękuję bardzo" is a more frequent collocation than "Bardzo dziękuję." Losing touch with your mother tongue already? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Wow what have I started. I make my polish family laugh when I speak (try) to speak to them in polish! They always seem to understand though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭fAzI

andala wrote: »
    No it shouldn't. Both forms are grammatically correct but "Dziękuję bardzo" is a more frequent collocation than "Bardzo dziękuję." Losing touch with your mother tongue already? ;)

Not exactly :)

You have right that both are grammatically correct but in polish language the word "Bardzo" usually are present before verbs like: Bardzo proszę, bardzo chciał etc.

Also important is how is your body language present but sometimes when you say "Dziękuję... bardzo" sentence can look like a mockery, so better use "Bardzo dziękuję" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭andala

Apparently the position of the adverb "bardzo" in polite forms tends to be after the verb rather than before it.

"Przysłówek w polskim zdaniu może zajmować różne pozycje – ma to związek z hierarchią przekazywanych treści. Słowo bardzo zwykle stoi przed czasownikiem, por. „Jeśli będziesz bardzo chciał...” raczej niż: „Jeśli będziesz chciał bardzo...”. Jednak w konwencjonalnych zwrotach grzecznościowych bardzo częściej występuje po czasowniku: proszę bardzo, dziękuję bardzo. Konstrukcje o odwrotnym szyku – przez to, że rzadsze – zwracają na siebie uwagę i mogą być znakiem tego, że mówiący stara się być szczególnie uprzejmy. Z tego, że ktoś mówi np. proszę bardzo, a nie bardzo proszę, nie należy jednak wyciągać wniosku, że jest mało uprzejmy. Wiele zależy od tego, co nie wyrażone w słowach, np. od spojrzenia, gestu, tonu wypowiedzi.

— Mirosław Bańko"
    (from HERE)

Of course that doesn't change the fact that in Polish, which is a language whose sentence structure is not as fixed as in English, you can be understood perfectly even if you change the word order. Like I said, it's all about which form is more common. And here that's definitely "dziękuję bardzo"

Advertisement