Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vodafone Smart Prime 6

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Folks, are ye talking about the smart prime phone or the smart ultra?

It was the Smart Prime.

It would make more sense to start a 2nd thread about the Smart Ultra and split this one. IMO. Its a very different price point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

beauf wrote: »
    It was the Smart Prime.

It would make more sense to start a 2nd thread about the Smart Ultra and split this one. IMO. Its a very different price point.

One step ahead of ya!

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057457335/1/#post96132839

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

How does rooting and unlocking effect any updates from Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,641 ✭✭✭54and56

OK, so back on the original topic - the Smart Prime 6.

I picked one up today for my daughter. Very smart device. Well built (I'm used to plasticky Samsung devices), good screen and snappy performance. Once you install a different launcher (I just installed Google Now Launcher) the VF looks and feel fades away.

Does anyone know how to root this phone and if there is a custom ROM for it so it can run as vanilla and light a version of Android as possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Does unlocking a phone using ebay void the warranty of the phone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Just bought the unlock code for my ultra 6 on eBay... However do I message the guy my imei number in a pm ? I never Bought an unlock code on eBay so what exactly do I do? I paid for the service with PayPal just now...

Just bought the unlock code for my ultra 6 on eBay... However do I message the guy my imei number in a pm ? I never Bought an unlock code on eBay so what exactly do I do? I paid for the service with PayPal just now...

Yes, you'll have to message him now and quote the transaction/order # to him.

The best way to do it is to send him a message as part of the check out process.

The instructions from the guy I used http://www.ebay.ie/itm/291500548350 was to "Please add a message to seller on your checkout. You can find the box to add the message under the delivery address." and the info he requested in the message is "1. IMEI number 2. Phone Model 3. Current Network"

I got my sons phone delivered this morning, bought the unlock code, got the unlock code within about 15 minutes and had the phone unlocked 5 minutes later. All seems to be fine.

The best way to do it is to send him a message as part of the check out process.

The instructions from the guy I used http://www.ebay.ie/itm/291500548350 was to "Please add a message to seller on your checkout. You can find the box to add the message under the delivery address." and the info he requested in the message is "1. IMEI number 2. Phone Model 3. Current Network"

I got my sons phone delivered this morning, bought the unlock code, got the unlock code within about 15 minutes and had the phone unlocked 5 minutes later. All seems to be fine.

Thanks done that now

Cheers

Is current network the network it's locked to?

I'm all done now, ultra 6 running perfectly on meteor. I had the unlock code about 40 mins after I paid for it. Phone is running great, no complaints at all so far. I find its hard to believe I only paid €169 for this thing. Its unreal value!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

The only issue I have with considering the ultra is its 5.5 inch frame. Can't be doing with a phone that large in my pocket

Fowler87 wrote: »
    The only issue I have with considering the ultra is its 5.5 inch frame. Can't be doing with a phone that large in my pocket

I came from a 5" moto g to this, no doubt a big differance in size. You will get use to it. I'll probably never use my laptop ever again now that I have this thing.

Fowler87 wrote: »

You get used to it, and its worth it for the screen/battery.
    I'm all done now, ultra 6 running perfectly on meteor. I had the unlock code about 40 mins after I paid for it. Phone is running great, no complaints at all so far. I find its hard to believe I only paid €169 for this thing. Its unreal value!

Did you get it with a VodaFone sim?

Did you message the unlocked saying Meteor was your "current network"?

Lads, discussion of the Smart Ultra 6 is this way -> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057457335

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭mobby

Tried for an unlock code for my SMART PRIME on the above link, but was told it was not possible :mad::(

What s the battery like on the Prime 6 anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

What s the battery like on the Prime 6 anyone?

Pretty good. Easily get a day and a half from it.

Techmaster wrote: »
    Pretty good. Easily get a day and a half from it.

Im a heavy user, no way Id get that out of it. Im undecided between the Prime and Ultra! :o

Im a heavy user, no way Id get that out of it. Im undecided between the Prime and Ultra! :o

If you're a heavy user there's no doubt the Ultra will suit you better. I'm a OnePlus One owner but actually purchased both the Prime 6 and the Ultra 6 for my daughter and son in the last week. The Prime is a fine device for day to day medium use but the Ultra is more of a workhorse for heavy use with bigger screen, bigger battery, more RAM etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Anyone bit the bullet on this and bought one and unlocked it successfully? Unlocks website offers the service but have yet to hear of active doing it.

Please, please, please limit discussion on this to the Prime 6 and not the Ultra.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

Anyone bit the bullet on this and bought one and unlocked it successfully? Unlocks website offers the service but have yet to hear of active doing it.

Please, please, please limit discussion on this to the Prime 6 and not the Ultra.

Haven't yet found a site that will unlock this from Vodafone Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Haven't yet found a site that will unlock this from Vodafone Ireland.

I played with the drop down menus on this website:

http://unlocklocks.com/

and it gave me all the options. Obvs can't put in an IMEI as I haven't bought the phone yet. Bit of a chicken and egg situation. Girlfriend (on O2 UK) is looking to move on from a badly cracked Galaxy S3 Mini and at €80 this is an absolute steal.

Anyone had to replace a cracked screen on the Smart Prime 6 yet? Cost? Service Provider? I'm guessing it's going to cost more to replace the screen than buy a new phone but just in case..... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Feck Off

Has anyone found a site to unlock the Vodafone smart prime 6 on the Vodafone Ireland network?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Feck Off wrote: »
    Has anyone found a site to unlock the Vodafone smart prime 6 on the Vodafone Ireland network?

Short answer is No, there's a Sheffield based site that claims to be able to unlock it BUT you have to post it to them, not very practical. Found the site on a google search.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 braniganl

Anyone found a way of unlocking the Smart Prime 6 by any chance? bought one for my mother and want to switch her to 48. She's been a PAYG VF customer for last 15 years if that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭mirec

I have tried 4 ebay sellers for unlocking Vodafone Smart prime 6 but not a single one could provide unlocking code :(

braniganl wrote: »
    Anyone found a way of unlocking the Smart Prime 6 by any chance? bought one for my mother and want to switch her to 48. She's been a PAYG VF customer for last 15 years if that helps!

braniganl wrote: »

https://nac.vodafone.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭mirec

Yes that is working option but I am not with vodafone and do not know anyone who is.

• Advertisement

mirec wrote: »
    Yes that is working option but I am not with vodafone and do not know anyone who is.

The person I quoted and responded to does...

Advertisement