Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

McDonalds employee attacks two customers who jump counter, charged with felony

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Mmmm_Lemony

McBeatdown

That is all...

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭fran oconnor

God, thats one funny vid, these fat bints deserve what they got.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

greendom wrote: »
    No anyone who can't see that he went too far is a f*cking idiot

Very easy to say that sitting at your computer watching the video. If you're working behind the counter and some aggressive threatening prick jumps the counter to attack you, then you're going to be highly frightened and highly riled up. After that the person who jumps the counter deserves everything they get. No sympathy at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭fran oconnor

greendom wrote: »
    No anyone who can't see that he went too far is a f*cking idiot
    You'd be the very one crying that you got your face bashed in instead of defending yourself. These useless bints deserve everything they got. Don't smack someone in the face and expect nothing in return..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

MyKeyG wrote: »
    Yes but if you proceeded to beat them repeatedly so that you caused fractures to their skull?

He was attacked, two against one. The assaulters thought they could define the terms of the attack.

I think the results were excessive, to be honest, but I'd give the guy a slap on the wrist and send him to anger management classes. He beat the **** out of people that started attacking him. It's hard when the adrenaline is pumping to realise when you should stop. If you don't put someone down and keep them down when you have the chance, they can get up and hit you. They already hit him, there were two of them, and his coworkers didn't do a thing to help, neither did the people on the other side of the counter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

I'm definitely on the employees side here, the important part in my eyes is the jumping of the counter to pursue. Once they did that any force used to put them on the ground and keep them on the ground is fair game in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

I tell you one thing ... I would have done the exact same thing .

Look they hopped the counter , could have had a knife or gun so only way to remove the treat is to keep em grounded .

If it means beaten seven shades out of them with a metal rod to keep up down and away from me then i would still be hitting them now .

Only takes a stupid swing with a blade to fatally injure someone .

• Registered Users Posts: 23,973 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Fast feud.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭KH25

He went too far but they deserved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

That guy spent too much time playing as Master Chef in Halo on the Xbox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

KH25 wrote: »
    He went too far but they deserved it.

No, he really didn't go too far.

Proper order, the guy is a hero and those scummy pricks won't be jumping anymore counters anytime soon.

A medal and a promotion and possibly his own tv show is what he deserves imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭FetchTheGin

No, he really didn't go too far.

Proper order, the guy is a hero and those scummy pricks won't be jumping anymore counters anytime soon.

A medal and a promotion and possibly his own tv show is what he deserves imo.

Sure why not give him his own fast food franchise too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

****ing legend. Maybe he can run for president

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Great idea. There would be no scumbags inside, the staff can work in peace and the customers can enjoy a nice quite bit of grub.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Good idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Then he could be this guy:

Breaking-bad-gus.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Some people have to learn 'The Hard Way'.
    Most of us know not to clamber over the counter in any establishment while shouting at employees and slapping them 'bout the face. Simple really.

Fine upstanding pillars of society them hoes be. They probably listen to Icey Tea and Scooby Dog Dog. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Opinicus

Really biased news report.

"That's when they were attacked!"

should say

"That's when he decided to defend himself"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

What scummer, not surprising he has been in prison before either. Obviously he missed it so much he is dying to go back. Hope they throw the book at him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

RichieC wrote: »
    Black person gets charged with a felony for defending themselves... welcome to america.

In fairness to America, and I'm usually one the 1st to criticize crazy stuff from over there... but compared to over here its usually in america where people can get away with self defence a lot more.

This guy crossed the line when continued to lump into them with a metal bar as they lay on the ground. All he got was a slap from a women. These were no two junkies with knifes.

The women were scumbags for sure. But so is he.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

MyKeyG wrote: »
    But they didn't. Any lawyer worth his salt would have argued that threatening behaviour doesn't constitute an act of violence and he'd be right. His defence wouldn't have been able to prove they were going to do anything.

Personally I think he should have gone in for a penny in for a pound and thrown in a couple of kicks but from a legal point of view he didn't have a leg to stand on. Even a Cop isn't allowed put a hand on you until you've committed a physical act of aggression.

That's not the case in Ireland. The fear of imminent physical contact is also classed as an assault

Advertisement