Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do i trace a mobile phone number?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭sligopark

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YwQ9mRyBjc

bit off topic but classic all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭dromdrom

Everybody's voice-mail is initially set up with the standard 0000 password, in order to go straight to somebody's voicemail just put 5 after the network code (i.e 0875xxxxxxx) then you will get that person's standard greeting, chances are that it would be generic in this case. I am not suggesting you would try and listen to their voice messages but if this person has has not had the gumption to change their voicemail password (and apparently many many people do not) then all he/she would have to do would be to press # then enter in 0000 for the password in order to hear their voice messages if they had accessed their voicemail from another phone using the 5 after the network code procedure like above. Within those messages the owner of that mobile might get a voicemail like "hello Dave" etc.. Obviously you could never do that as it is not allowed but ..............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Did you ever see the film...The Ring?

:eek::eek::eek:

Watch out!..I wouldnt answer it again, just incase!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

I didn't spot any suggestion to google it (you'd be surprised how often you find someones number online), be easier to report them to the guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Trekker09 wrote: »
    Thanks for bring freaky twins into this thread :mad: I have the displeasure of bringing my daughter into Kilkenny tomorrow to get the album signed.

I feel your pain as i often have to go to Killkenny too!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Ty request call back in google and enter the persons number in every website you can think of for getting call backs about hoovers, cars etc etc.

Keep a whistle by the phone and blow it down the phone every time they call .....very annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭shebango

MidlandsM wrote: »
    Feck , you can do that?

You getting worried??;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Get Biggins to sort it out...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭analfabets

Advertise high specs low mileage diesel car on gumtree for 2/3 of the normal market price using that mobile and keep bumping up the ad.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

hello932 wrote: »
    Hold on are you telling me that i can actually buy a gun in ireland for use as self defense? where can i buy though?

Eh, you always could legally buy a gun for shooting/hunting! What stone are you living under? Most sports shop would have them. Not for defence might I stress. BUT, under the new bill which was published today (which is not yet law, but will be soon), you can defend yourself against intruders. That may mean killing them. But I'd say they'd have to also have a gun, or even have already shot at you before you could get away with using yours. Having said that, look at the Pauric nally case...........:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭storm2811

Post the number and we'll all annoy the shite outta them!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

google the number. If they have ever placed an advert or article there name will come up.... Worked for me before...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

dromdrom wrote: »
    Everybody's voice-mail is initially set up with the standard 0000 password, in order to go straight to somebody's voicemail just put 5 after the network code (i.e 0875xxxxxxx) then you will get that person's standard greeting, chances are that it would be generic in this case. I am not suggesting you would try and listen to their voice messages but if this person has has not had the gumption to change their voicemail password (and apparently many many people do not) then all he/she would have to do would be to press # then enter in 0000 for the password in order to hear their voice messages if they had accessed their voicemail from another phone using the 5 after the network code procedure like above. Within those messages the owner of that mobile might get a voicemail like "hello Dave" etc.. Obviously you could never do that as it is not allowed but ..............

yip but thanks to the new service on some mobile networks you will be told if a person has tried to reach you and having not seen a missed call you will now cop that they are accessing your mail box....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭LarrytheLantern

buy one of those Vuvuzellas, like they had at the WC.
    let rip every time the jerk calls.

that'll teach 'em!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,155 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Is the number ringing you 021 233 8600 ? I keep getting the same from there?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

MidlandsM wrote: »
    Feck , you can do that?
    Yeah. That's the advice I got from customer service.

Ty request call back in google and enter the persons number in every website you can think of for getting call backs about hoovers, cars etc etc.

Keep a whistle by the phone and blow it down the phone every time they call .....very annoying

No. Don't blow a whistle. Just answer it in the bathroom and flush the toilet. It's funnier.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,434 ✭✭✭✭28064212

One (hyphenated) word OP - Air-horn

Also, as someone else said, don't hang up, just put it down somewhere and let them waste their time and money. And I wouldn't be worried about them knowing where you live and wanting to rob you, since it would be much simpler to just stand near your house and wait for you to leave, rather than relying on whether or not you answered the phone or not

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using post-migration Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, and a dark mode setting)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭changes

post their number up here and we can all give them a ring

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭dromdrom

yip but thanks to the new service on some mobile networks you will be told if a person has tried to reach you and having not seen a missed call you will now cop that they are accessing your mail box....

Put phone on private number, you only need to access the mailbox once and it might actually be a good idea to let the pr!ck know you were up to it, turn the tables

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Had this a few times when i worked as a Bailiff over in Wales, the usual threats etc, one time the dope forgot to withhold his number. Here's what i did.

My GF, rang the number, said she was from Smirnoff and would they answer 2 simple questiojns to win some free Smirnoff goodies.

Q.1 for a 12 pack of Smirnoff Ice, What spirit is in Smirnoff Ice? Whiskey or Vodka

Q.2 for 2 2litre bottles of Smirnoff Vodka, What country is associated with Vodka? Russia or Brazil?

Sound all excited when they win, ask them for name and address and that drinks will be delivered by courier within 5 days.

Greed is an awesome thing, paid him a visit at 3am one morning, no more phone calls ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Mikefitzs

Trekker09 wrote: »
    I think Eircom can help with this as well.

It's a mobile, unless it's Meteor (Eircom own) then it has nothing to do with Eircom.

Just a passenger

changes wrote: »
    post their number up here and we can all give them a ring
    Ah damn you got in b4 me hehehe:pac::pac:

Just a passenger

scudzilla wrote: »
    Had this a few times when i worked as a Bailiff over in Wales, the usual threats etc, one time the dope forgot to withhold his number. Here's what i did.

My GF, rang the number, said she was from Smirnoff and would they answer 2 simple questiojns to win some free Smirnoff goodies.

Q.1 for a 12 pack of Smirnoff Ice, What spirit is in Smirnoff Ice? Whiskey or Vodka

Q.2 for 2 2litre bottles of Smirnoff Vodka, What country is associated with Vodka? Russia or Brazil?

Sound all excited when they win, ask them for name and address and that drinks will be delivered by courier within 5 days.

Greed is an awesome thing, paid him a visit at 3am one morning, no more phone calls ;)

I like it:cool:

Just a passenger

• Registered Users Posts: 2 beergut

had that problem with some muppet one time. Easy fix. soon as they call, place the phone on a table or surface with the mouth end towards you, then whistle into the phone and loud and shrill as you can. If you cant do a loud whistle yourself, keep a refs whistle or even a tin whistles handy. Smaller the better for a higher pitched sound. The next call they make will be to the doctor for a hearing test. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2 beergut

alternatively, every time they phone you, masturbate furiously down the phone. Worst case scenario youre both getting something out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Save the number and see if their name/picture comes up in Facebook or whatapp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭soups05

it's a six year old thread, i suspect the problem is sorted by now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,143 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Let's do the time warp again....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Mikefitzs wrote: »
    I like it:cool:

Thanks for opening a 6 year old thread.

Advertisement