Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung Galaxy S4 thread - See Mod Warning in Post #1

1747576777880»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

rabwaygal wrote: »
    I am only after noticing my battery has swollen up. Its pushing out the back of the case and even lifting up a small portion of the front of the screen.

The battery life dropped off massively in the last few weeks (full charge without use would only last a few hours / phone would turn off after dropping below 40% etc)

I was using a car charger a lot of the times so this may have caused it? But will drop the phone into the store to see what happens.

Has anyone else had the same issue (I had this phone since launch).

Yes. I had the same problem recently with dire battery performance. I went to my networks store and they told me the battery was very swollen.

They ordered a new one for CHF30 and I had it two days later. I can get almost a full day out of the new battery with light to moderate usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

This is the one I used

http://www.amazon.co.uk/warranty-ZeroLemon-Protection-Compatible-International/dp/B00CXZI3DQ

Cost 48.80 in total.

Its in Chicago now according to the tracking

Its still in Chicago according to the Tracking but Amazon reckon it'll arrive tomorrow...

Im supposed to charge it for 12 hours before use too :O

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Do no irish shops sell the s4 anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Do no irish shops sell the s4 anymore?

Some still have the S4 mini.

Independent phone shops will be your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭markc91

Its still in Chicago according to the Tracking but Amazon reckon it'll arrive tomorrow...

Im supposed to charge it for 12 hours before use too :O

Mines the same still in chicago since monday where did u read about the 12 hour charge?

• Advertisement

markc91 wrote: »
    Mines the same still in chicago since monday where did u read about the 12 hour charge?

Mine still says its in Chicago but it arrived this morning :P

Dispatched on the 15th and arrived on the 25th..

It says to charge for 12 house before first use on a small card in the packet.

Havent tried it yet. Im working till 12 tonight so Ill put it charging until the morning after work :P:P

The case is a good fit too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭markc91

Grand mine was dispatched on the 19th so hopefully be here early next week

markc91 wrote: »
    Grand mine was dispatched on the 19th so hopefully be here early next week

Hopefully!

I'll put up some battery stats once I give it a full battery cycle or 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 warap1

Hi, I'm offering 20 quid to whoever wants to help me. I need a working S4 (i9505) so I can hook its screen up to mine, in order to transfer my data off before sending it to warranty.

More info here: boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057433941
    Will probably be a 1-2 hour operation. Dublin / Kildare area.
    THANKS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Is anyone else having a problem with the phone being awake 100% of the time when it's on charge? Makes it almost impossible to fully charge overnight. Behaves fine off charge.
    I'm running last Monday's buid of CM12.1 (I tried Tuesday's initially, but it couldn't see my SIM card).

I had upgraded from CM11 becuase I was getting constant Google Play Services crashes - every few seconds.

• Advertisement

Google play services and "Phone" are draining my battery like there no tomorrow all of a sudden.

Phone 32%
    Google Services 24%
    Screen 5%

Any idea how to fix this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Is anyone else having a problem with the phone being awake 100% of the time when it's on charge? Makes it almost impossible to fully charge overnight. Behaves fine off charge.
    I'm running last Monday's buid of CM12.1 (I tried Tuesday's initially, but it couldn't see my SIM card).

I had upgraded from CM11 becuase I was getting constant Google Play Services crashes - every few seconds.

This appears to have been Google Now set to listen for "OK Google" when the phone was plugged in. Disabled that option (never used it anyway), and it's been much better since.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

S4 mini owner here. Looking to upgrade to s5 mini but the s4 looks the more logial option

My only problem is the size. I like small phones..maybe ill get used to 5"..hmm my head is wrecked

Is the s4 still worth it in 2015? Ill be buying it on adverts hoping for a good condition reasonably new s4.

OR i can get a brand new s5 mini for 260..

Neither s4 or s5 mini seem to have an fm radio yet my s4 mini does..thats odd to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

For perhaps the last fortnight I've not been able to connect to any wifi network. If I go to the menu and try from there, it will search but then the button greys out again. Is there anything I can try to sort this out. I use my phone a lot for work and it's really eating into my mobile data.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

markc1184 wrote: »
    For perhaps the last fortnight I've not been able to connect to any wifi network. If I go to the menu and try from there, it will search but then the button greys out again. Is there anything I can try to sort this out. I use my phone a lot for work and it's really eating into my mobile data.

That happened my s4 luckily it was still in warranty and Three fixed it for me. A replacement board sorted it so I was told.

Advertisement