Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What's the naughtiest thing your pet has ever done?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 318 ✭✭chris139ryan

Cushion? What cushion?

6ca4a.jpg

On the plus side this photo won Coco the prize of a Dyson hoover!! Local pet shop ran a comp looking for pets making a mess!!

She also ate an expensive duvet that was drying on the line, of course it was the expensive embroidered side not the plain fabric side.
    Many many slippers, a decent leather handbag, a few leads, a fabric muzzle, beds, toys, balls, tupperware...

She's really good at not robbing food though. She usually waits for a command. Although one day she drank a cup of tea that had been left on the coffee table, drank the whole cup, without spilling!
    thats a brilliant picture haha

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Narsil

Random destruction aside, the naughtiest thing the dog's done is swipe 3/4 of a block of cracker barrel extra sharp cheddar from the coffee table, leaving nowt but an empty packet on the floor. Didn't appear to do him any damage either.

Cleo the cat is the naughtiest animal I have. She's a silver spotted tabby whose mother was a pure bred siamese - breeder had an oops litter and dumped them in the pound.

Cleo has stolen my sausages out of the shopping bag, she throws my hair bobbins into the toilet, she's thieved the dog's defrosting raw food dinner (750g) out of the sink and dragged it across the floor to the cats' room, chewed a hole in the bag and spread defrosted blood all over the carpet. I was trying to trap feral kittens a few months ago, and there was a bag of kitten kibble in the laundry cupboard. Cleo got in, took the kibble bag (2kgs) out of the plastic bag it was in, then chewed a strip out of the tin wrapper of the kibble bag, and basically it was a free for all on kitten kibble in the hot press for weeks before I realised what she'd done. I was wondering why Frankie was turning into such a fatso. He was chowing down on kitten kibble on top of two meals a day!

Cleo will reach up to rub her face off the dog's muzzle, then sit back to consider him, and if he blinks she'll slap him in the face.

She has a miaow like a phaser (ptooe! ptooe!), she won't get off my kitchen counters, and she plays 'wall of death' around the inside of my bathtub at all hours of the morning if she gets the chance.

This post made me weak laughing, thanks Sweeper:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

My Rottie, Ellie, went through a bad phase of chewing things as a pup. Not destructive as such, but whenever i wasn't in the room she would take to chewing on something, mostly items of my clothing. She then developed a taste for electronics. Luckily she grew out of it with a little training, and i haven't had a bother since. Items include:
    • €600 worth of leather jackets (2 of them. Still cry about that one. Never even got to wear one of them)
    • Playstation HDMI leads
    • Playstation controller
    • Zips or buttons (only) of mulitple pairs of jeans
    • Too many socks to count
    • Slippers
    • Brand new pair of kickers leather shoes
    • 4 indoor dog beds/cushions
    • 7 DVD covers
    It is annoying, but the funniest (not at the time) was the day i went out and bought a silly expensive piece of steak. Spent alot of time cooking it, with chips, onion rings, pepper sauce, the works. Went to sit down to enjoy my feast, but forgot the steak knife. Put the plate on the middle of the table (front room) and went to get knife. I was gone for about 40 seconds and when i came back the onion rings and chips were untouched, but no steak.

I don't know why, but i thought i'd left it on the pan. When i went to go check the kitchen i hear a huge burp/belch, and there is Ellie with one of the most satisfied looks i've ever seen on a dogs face. All i could was ask was were the onion rings not done enough for her.:rolleyes:
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

For a while the lock on our back door was playing up so all our lad had to do was press down on the handle and he was in. He done this one Sunday morning after my mam had put a nice big piece of roast beef on the work top to rest while she ran to the shop. Scooby got in and helped himself to the whole lot. Sunday dinner wasn't quite the same that week, but at least he was sat in his corner looking contented. He didn't move for most of the day after he'd finished it.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Gold Leaf Tea

Our newly rescued boxer devoured 5 blue velvet cupcakes in a matter of nanoseconds while I was out of the room. She appeared to have a wicked sugar hangover aferwards. Shortly afterwards she began to poop greeny/blue; I was really worried, until I copped that it was the dye from the cupcakes :p

More recently, she was left on her own in the car with a 15kg bag of food, and managed to devour about 5kg while I was in the post office for literally 5minutes:rolleyes:

I also have a corgi with a penchant for chewing shoes, he destroyed two gorgeous pairs of boots on me, but I know now to keep all footwear out of his way:p The cats are very well behaved, by contrast:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

This:-

156005_10150091422101823_674181822_7199154_2952076_n.jpg

and this :-

241719_10150196196067435_530847434_6926538_192585_o.jpg

both perpetrated by this :) :-

331684_10150285087512435_530847434_7658362_1265975_o.jpg

I have several 'test digs' in my garden also, that this fella and his sister are both responsible for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Naaaah....

Look at him, standing proudly there... no way he's responsible for that!!

If he was guilty he'd be hiding!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

I'd spent Christmas with the family and I was getting a lift back to Maynooth, with my pet rabbit (named Rebel) in the car. She's very nervous travelling, and I always have her carry cage on my lap but with the top off so I can stroke and reassure her.

This one time she nestled her head in between my arm and body, and I thought to myself "Aww, what a cutie." It was only after I got back to Maynooth and out of the car that I learned that while she was tucked under my arm she'd chewed through the cable of my headphones. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

When my GSD was a pup she ate the skirting board in my kitchen. She also managed even at a young age, to hop onto the kitchen table and eat the top off it. Oh and part of the door. Theres an advert for crate training. Thankfully shes grown out of that chewing stage now so no longer sleeps in her crate.

If only we could communicate that to them at the beginning. "Dont chew stuff or you sleep in a crate for the next 6 months til I can trust you again". Evolve faster dammit dogs!

Then there was the PS3 controller that my terrier took a dislike to plus the countless beds she destroyed as a pup.

My degu's also played out their own little version of The Great Escape. Came down one morning to find they had managed to chew through the plastic part at the bottom of their old cage (got a much larger and more secure one since) and scarper. Found one sitting very calmly at the top of a rolled up mat having obviously climbed up there to get the best view he could. The other one had managed to get all the way up the stairs and into my spare bedroom. I still have no idea how but he was hiding under the bed when I found him.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Random destruction aside, the naughtiest thing the dog's done is swipe 3/4 of a block of cracker barrel extra sharp cheddar from the coffee table, leaving nowt but an empty packet on the floor. Didn't appear to do him any damage either.

Cleo the cat is the naughtiest animal I have. She's a silver spotted tabby whose mother was a pure bred siamese - breeder had an oops litter and dumped them in the pound.

Cleo has stolen my sausages out of the shopping bag, she throws my hair bobbins into the toilet, she's thieved the dog's defrosting raw food dinner (750g) out of the sink and dragged it across the floor to the cats' room, chewed a hole in the bag and spread defrosted blood all over the carpet. I was trying to trap feral kittens a few months ago, and there was a bag of kitten kibble in the laundry cupboard. Cleo got in, took the kibble bag (2kgs) out of the plastic bag it was in, then chewed a strip out of the tin wrapper of the kibble bag, and basically it was a free for all on kitten kibble in the hot press for weeks before I realised what she'd done. I was wondering why Frankie was turning into such a fatso. He was chowing down on kitten kibble on top of two meals a day!

Cleo will reach up to rub her face off the dog's muzzle, then sit back to consider him, and if he blinks she'll slap him in the face.

She has a miaow like a phaser (ptooe! ptooe!), she won't get off my kitchen counters, and she plays 'wall of death' around the inside of my bathtub at all hours of the morning if she gets the chance.

Siamese and their crosses are something else. One of mine could open the fridge door; grip the rubber seal with claws and lean back... Foiled that with white sticking plaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Moman

A Border Collie - in what can only be described as a scene from the great escape , finally manages to get into the top bunk in my sons bedroom one morning, after many months of trying to get up to him , much shock and delight when woken :D

She used a combination of chairs , lockers and a small shelf - cat like

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭merengueca

One of my friends refers to Paddy as 'a very naughty boy'.

His list of naughties :
    • Pulled the carpet off the stairs
    • Jumped on my bed and pee'd (while I was in it:eek:)
    • Countless books, dvd's, videos
    • Feather cushions
    • Pulled the bumper off my parents car
    • Ran over to a kids picnic while out on a walk and pee'd on it:o
    • All the garden furniture
    • My purse - with cashcard & 80 quid
    • Shoes
    • Always steals the other animals dinner
    Yes - he is a lab!;)

And still I love him to bits x

Oh forgot - 7 TV remotes, house phone, photo frames, bra's and always managed to get the collar off Dave the kitten - Dave never looked any worse for it so don't know how that feat was achieved

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

What is i with TV remote and HDMI cables :confused:

My list is to long.

But ate a brand new. in the box. ecco shoes last week

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I think I've been very lucky! A few robbed sandwiches here and there seem like nothing compared to some of the things on this thread.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

bobmeaney wrote: »
    331684_10150285087512435_530847434_7658362_1265975_o.jpg

I have several 'test digs' in my garden also, that this fella and his sister are both responsible for!

Pets these days, no conception of planning permission. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Whispered wrote: »
    I think I've been very lucky! A few robbed sandwiches here and there seem like nothing compared to some of the things on this thread.

Same here thank god!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Our cats have destroyed our leather three-piece, two-piece and armchair in the living room over the last couple of years. They decided to use the font of the arm rests as scratching posts. :mad:

Also, they've ruined the carpet on the front of the bottom step in the hall and also the top step by the landing where they lie on their backs and then scratch the Bejaysus out of it.

The curtains also have a few pinprick holes in them where one of them still occasionally climbs them.

Still wouldn't change it for the world though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Lpfsox

When we first got Rodney he chewed a hole in the kitchen wall (yes, the wall - through the plaster and down into the brick), stolen socks, eaten speaker wire which I'd run under floorboards - he helpfully chewed and ate the only piece visible so the whole lot had to be redone, was a master counter-surfer and managed to snaffle the whole Christmas ham AND a whole turkey crown, including tin-foil which were left to rest before carving and has ruined countless remote controls by peeing on them.

Thankfully after training the worst he gets up to these days is opening the doors, climbing up on the windowledge and sitting in the window like a huge cat waving at passers by. He's a 22kg border collie and leaves snot marks all over the glass...

Destroyed a 50 year old rocking chair, ate all my shoes, ate money, 'buried' a bone I'd given her 4 days earlier in the pillows in my bed, brought birds as gifts (she's a dog!!), left secret poos all over the place. Thankfully 14 years later she's completely calmed down...and I wouldn't change anything about her past or present :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Eroticfishcake

Had a suprise dinner for my dads birthday. Collected the cake and left in my bedroom during dinner, nothing left but crumbs (even candles gone). For 2 days after, the dog groaned with pains in her belly circling the garden...doggy bags replaced with Dunnes Stores size bags :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭CiaranTheGreat

Never found out what it was but my dog once ate electric wires of something. I will never forget seeing her trying to poo them out!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Kali_Kalika

My last dog Marley (RIP) got me into many an awkward situation - one jumps out immediately as I was reading this thread:

I'd just moved into a lovely new rented house, huge garden for himself to run around in - house next door had 2 lovely friendly dogs who used to love to play with him - I'd moved him into doggy heaven basically! The house next door had the daughter of my landlord living in it with her boyfriend. Nice people but quiet and kept to themselves but not in an unfriendly way! We'd wave and shout hello to eachother and go on with our lives - had a few chats with them over time and all that - but basically no closer.

Ok - so we'd been living there about a week - things were going well and we were all happy .... let the dog out in the AM to do his business - he'd usually do all that then pop under the fence to see his buddies for a bit of a morning romp - after awhile opened the door and called himself - he came running about a minute later as usual but as he's romping across the yard I see something swinging from his mouth - he loved to find prizes when he was out and bring them home, so was ready for a bit of a laugh at what he'd found this time .... he drops it at my feet and that's when I realize it's a pair of knickers I've never seen before - the penny drops and I look across to the neighbours - sure enough there's a gap on her washing line in the knickers section :p:o:o - Being a woman myself and being their tennant for such a short time I went purple and had no idea what to do with them! I knew returning them would be best but how mortifying to have to give her knickers back! With an explanation that "the dog took them" - yeah, that's one believable step up from "the dog ate my homework"! - So I decided to stash them in the hall cupboard and return them in a day or two - or maybe just stick them in their letterbox when they were out at work! And life went on - till the next time! About a week after the first episode - did the usual morning routine and once again I see him romping across the yard, something else - bigger this time - swinging from his mouth. Well, wouldn't ya know - he'd gotten the matching bra for the knickers he'd already stolen! :rolleyes::o The dog had taste! These weren't cheapy tesco or penny's stuff - they were quite fancy! So - now I had double the embarassment of trying to return the feckin' matching set! Two mismatched items might have been more believable - but having to return an expensive, matched set of bra and knickers .... I can only imagine all that would have been in their heads is "Our freak of a tennant steals my matching underwear! And then blames the dog!" So needless to say the bra joined the knickers in the hall closet. And just tried to forget about them! Many months after I was regaling it to a friend and after they'd wet their pants in laughter and managed to get off the floor from rolling around laughing they came up with an ingenius plan - we scattered some of my old socks and knickers, etc around the yard in the long grass and once we saw them pulling in - dashed out the back door of my house and started picking them up - the daughter came out next door to see her dogs - and mine scooted under the fence to join in on the attention seeking! And I pulled out her missing items went over to the fence and said mine had gone on a laundry sabotage mission and I'd just found it all out in the long grass - she said hers did the same and appologies if they'd helped out - just laughed it out and said I'd dust for paw prints later - and I said "I'm really embarrassed - but I think these are yours - I don't recognize them" and handed them over - she laughed went on the assumption she'd been laundry sabotaged by the dogs at some point as well.

:D Glad it was over - I'd done the right thing - and she had her knickers back:D :rolleyes:Minimum embarrassment required! Win-Win all around! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Kali_Kalika

Lpfsox wrote: »
    Climbing up on the windowledge and sitting in the window like a huge cat waving at passers by. He's a 22kg border collie and leaves snot marks all over the glass...

:D:D *Phew* I'm glad to read this - I thought my girl was the only one to do this! She's a cross of border collie and some type of setter. And I have a cat as well that she grew up with from 8 weeks old - so they both love to sit in the window and do their part for the neighourhood watch (they watch the neighbourhood and the neighbourhood watches them!)

Come past my house at 2:30pm and its a guarantee you'll see them both sitting in the window. I live around the corner from a school and they have to watch ALL the goings on! They have their own fanclub though - Kids are always stopping to wave to them and the parents laugh as well. I'm probably known as the crazy window sitting cat and dog woman around these parts! :rolleyes::D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Tipped out the sewing box, and then chased the buttons and thread spools around the house. We were finding them for weeks!

216928_10150227590720801_507880800_8961844_6337010_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Geekness1234

My Dog only every chewed one thing,my F###### inbetweeners boxset!

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭fishfoodie

Thanks to this thread I've now remembered an incident I'd blocked out for decades.

Lets just say it involves a Yorkie playing 'chase', & a recently filled nappy.

Nasty isn't in it :eek:. To this day I don't know why I got to do cleanup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

My two year old beige Chinchilla, Gonzo, discovered how to open the door of his cage on more than one occasion, We have mourned the loss of a PC internet cable, the eye piece on my NIkon D60, Laptop charger, phone chargers, pieces of a dairy milk chocolate bar, chewed wall paper, chewed through a PC keyboard cable etc... He now looks like a little prisoner in his padlocked cage :rolleyes:

When my black Labrador, Frankie, was a puppy he would destroy everything that came across his path. He had a love for stealing under wear and socks on the cloths line. The first night I had him I let him sleep in my room, I woke up to find chunks gone out of the wood of the bed leg. . . He is almost 5 now & still steals clothes from the clothes line, eats flower pots, bites the heads off the roses etc. He hates the lawn mower and will just stand there barking at it & hitting it with his paws even when it isn't turned on. When we do try mow the lawn, he'll run around in front of it & drop his foot ball (A gift he "borrowed" from the neighbours) right in your path! Who-ever said labradors do "grow up" was clearly lying haha. He is the sweetest dog though, loves kids & other animals :) ... When I got my now one year old Jack russel Moone, he loved her straight away. She does like to steal his tennis balls and & run away from him trying to get him to chase her, His tactic for getting them back? lying on the ground & rolling over on top of her so she drops the ball, hes pretty smart like that heehee :D

My black long haired cat Johnny (RIP) had a habit of sitting on the chairs of the kitchen table, when guests came he would let them know he was there by attacking their legs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

Well what can I say about our lovely lady Chloe GSH X

In her short 6mths she has

Chewed thru our bed

destroyed my daughters new trainers in under 1 minute

Robbed my yummy steak from my plate...in a flash!

Got my wifes eyeliner and half ate it but it stuck to her teeth and mouth and she marked everything she touched with her mouth

Pulls the clothes off the line

oh and the other day she was very silent.... when we found her she had a very shiny wet slippery face,why? because she had just comsumed a full tub of butter! :eek:

Not to mention when we take her for a run she somehow always manages to find a big cow pat which she rolls in over and over again, poooo!!!

Looking at her you would think butter wouldnt melt in her mouth,but it surely does!

But like everyone else on this thread with pets,we love her to bits:):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

One of my parents dogs ate a whole Wii nunchuck, wonder was it tasty? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Thank god my two have done little real damage, the usual evil andrex puppy (steals the loo roll instead of bringing it), shredding paper was Ollies fav thing as a pup.
    Most of mine have been stealing food stories, Ollie at 4 months stole a vindaloo, it was too hot for us so we dropped it in a swing top bin. Cue something like Whispered's story, trail of red goo, empty but red stained water bowl, mostly white(long haired) dog with red face and paws, but no vomit, he seemed to enjoy it. He's also eaten raw chillies, thai red curry, and an entire pepperoni pizza (my daughter won't leave the room leaving an open pizza box again:D)although I believe he had help from his "sister" and the cat, and fish from the oven (left the door open with shelf half out when someone called to the door), carefully carried away in its foil and then opened upstairs on the landing spilling smelly fish juices on carpet.
    From my shopping bag he has taken steak, mince, chicken and a large(expensive) piece of sea bass.
    I have now learned to put the shopping away quicker.

I have a cat who likes to lick the jam off toast, really didn't feel good after I found that out, I'd just eaten half my toast and swore I put more jam on it:o

Advertisement