Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dancing On Ice 2012

• 05-01-2012 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84,834 ✭✭✭✭

The line up is Coronation Street star Andy Whyment, Blue Peter presenter Andy Akinwolere, TV presenter Mark Rhodes, actor Corey Feldman, free runner Sebastien Foucan, TV presenter Sam Nixon, X Factor singer Chico, Emmerdale actor Matthew Wolfenden, Hollyoaks star Jorgie Porter, Brookside actress Jennifer Ellison, British skier Chemmy Alcott, Sugababe Heidi Range, fitness guru Rosemary Conley, Eastenders actress Laila Morse and Dallas star Charlene Tilton

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

I think Mark and Sam are cuties :p

Think Heidi will do well, gutted Sylvain had to pull out, what a hottie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The line up is Coronation Street star Andy Whyment, Blue Peter presenter Andy Akinwolere, TV presenter Mark Rhodes, actor Corey Feldman, free runner Sebastien Foucan, TV presenter Sam Nixon, X Factor singer Chico, Emmerdale actor Matthew Wolfenden, Hollyoaks star Jorgie Porter, Brookside actress Jennifer Ellison, British skier Chemmy Alcott, Sugababe Heidi Range, fitness guru Rosemary Conley, Eastenders actress Laila Morse and Dallas star Charlene Tilton

Hope people get behind him but not sure how well known he will be . Free running is awesome to watch, as is he, so hope he does really well. :pac:

missbelle wrote: »
    I think Mark and Sam are cuties :p

Think Heidi will do well, gutted Sylvain had to pull out, what a hottie :D

They've done well for themselves since their Pop Idol days. Good luck to them.

Great opening show, Jorgie and Chemmy very good. Liking the new ice panel line-up as well, but was expecting Katen barber back as a judge :confused: Much prefer Louis to Jason as well. I thought with Jason leaving the show might not have been as good, but it's shaping up to be a good series. :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It's strange seeing it with only three judges- it looks a bit bare somehow.
    I only seen the end- it seemed a bill dull though, I hate this 'not everyone dancing on the same night at the start' lark.
    Looking forward to Big Mo next week, heehee! :D

Did Kirk from Corrie, Andy Whyment, dance tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭tinyk68

I think it's a bit unfair that anyone should be eliminated when only half of them have skated. Looks to me like next weeks skaters are weaker than this weeks and a good skater has gone out when he shouldn't have. I'm delighted that Katerina is a judge. She knows what she's talking about which is more than could have been said about Emma Bunton. Sad that Jason's not there any more though. Really liked his ascerbic wit!

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

Posy wrote: »
    Did Kirk from Corrie, Andy Whyment, dance tonight?

Yes, he was on last, second-last on leader board, but was saved. Not quite as bad as Ashley Peacock on it last year :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I say this every year but I think the professional should be given more chances to choreograph the routines. They are with the celebrities all day and know their strengths and weaknesses.

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    I say this every year but I think the professional should be given more chances to choreograph the routines. They are with the celebrities all day and know their strengths and weaknesses.

You're right, the professionals should be profiled and highlighted a bit more, the skater who partnered Laura Hamilton last year, Colin, isn't there this year, why? He did really well. They should have more input to the routines, I'm guessing that's why it makes no difference who the profs are. They don't get a chance to develop a fan base like SCD.

flutegirl wrote: »

You're right, the professionals should be profiled and highlighted a bit more, the skater who partnered Laura Hamilton last year, Colin, isn't there this year, why? He did really well. They should have more input to the routines, I'm guessing that's why it makes no difference who the profs are. They don't get a chance to develop a fan base like SCD.
    And he was hot!!
    Torvill and dean probably only spend an hour each week with the celebrity . Look how easy Heidi's partner was replaced, there's loads of professionals out there.
    I'd love it if we could get to know the professionals a bit better.
    I remember a few years ago they gave some celebrity a really hard lift (think it was sinatta) there was no way she was ready for that lift an her professional partner would have known that, and it resulted in her being voted out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Surprised not more people have commented in here! Very high standard last week

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Oh Rosemary is not good, and had lessons every two weeks before this?

I'm sick of the swapping of professionals, you never get to know them.

Surprised not more people have commented in here! Very high standard last week

That's the way it goes sometimes. Quite liking Mark Hanratty ;)

...and Christine looks lovely, love the dress.

Ginny wrote: »
    Oh Rosemary is not good, and had lessons every two weeks before this?

I'm sick of the swapping of professionals, you never get to know them.

What happened to the skater who partnered Vanilla ice, she's not back either! That as last year, wasn't it?? :o

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Yeah that was last year, sure Sam's partner came on and I was thinking oh a nice skater and then she said this was her 3rd series???!

DOI producers need to look at Strictly and see how the dancers/skaters can build up their own fanbase who will tune in no matter ow crap the celebs are, although Strictly is fecking around with them now.

Ginny wrote: »
    Yeah that was last year, sure Sam's partner came on and I was thinking oh a nice skater and then she said this was her 3rd series???!

DOI producers need to look at Strictly and see how the dancers/skaters can build up their own fanbase who will tune in no matter ow crap the celebs are, although Strictly is fecking around with them now.

Ain't that the thruth!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I'm enjoying it tonight - the skating standard seems to be getting higher and higher each year

That French fella seems to be very advanced skating wise, did a jump week 1!

I'm enjoying it tonight - the skating standard seems to be getting higher and higher each year

That French fella seems to be very advanced skating wise, did a jump week 1!

Have you seen him free running, he's awesome, check him out on youtube.

Chico, who came in as a reserve got 18.5 in his first skate! Unreal! He only came in seven days ago, some score for that length of time working with his partner

• Advertisement

Matthew got 20.5 - week 1 :eek:

Next week will tell a lot - they (besides Chico) have had weeks to learn these routines, big change learning a routine in one week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

no Holly:mad: I'm not watching this year. can't stand Beakley

Howjoe1 wrote: »

Ahhh, give her a bit of time, she looked lovely tonight.

Yea I wish they'd stop swapping out the professionals. There's only about 4 professionals I recognise now.
    Although I'm glad they keep bringing back Matt who's dancing with Georgie. Because he is so so so hot ;)

I'm a bit behind I'm only watching it now.
    God if Katarina wore a low cut dress no one would be able to concentrate on the ice!!!!
    Do not like Christine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

I think last week they should have had all the girl celebs and this week all the boys celebs, that way its a more level playing field.
    I don't think Laila was 3 points behind Rosemary tonight considering Rosemary had a wobble during hers. The competition between Matthew and Chico for the top spot should be interesting and the rivalry between Mark and Sam is kinda sweet too.
    Thought Heidi skated better than Jorgie last week - don't like when the female celeb gets thrown around and lifted everywhere and then a male celeb (who does the lifting etc) gets eliminated - still bitter that Suzanne Shaw beat Chris Fountain as Fountain, while arrogant, was a much better skater!
    Glad Emma Bunton is gone as a judge and Louis Spence (and his unfortunate speech impediment) is really growing on me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Howjoe1 wrote: »

She's woeful. Absolutely zero charisma.

Is Big Mo going home?

Yeah, Mo was voted out

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Yea I wish they'd stop swapping out the professionals. There's only about 4 professionals I recognise now.
    Although I'm glad they keep bringing back Matt who's dancing with Georgie. Because he is so so so hot ;)
    On SCD, I would be rooting as much for the professional as for the celeb.. on DOI, I barely know any of their names.. it's all just about Torvill and Dean- it's like there's not room for anyone else to build up a fanbase.

I love Robin Cousins though.. if you ever youtube him, you'll see some amazing performances!! :eek:

Advertisement