Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Penneys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

opps I meant O' Connell street! Sorry ladies! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Corb

I love their new Autum Winter selection. The boyfriend cardigans are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

You know what annoys me about Penneys though? In summer the whole store is taken over by skimpy short tops, dresses, sunglasses galore, bikinis etc... which is all well and good if you're heading off on holiday, but during the summer months, for those of us who are staying at home, I find it near impossible to get a pair of boots, cardi or anything that would suit our climate for that matter.

True. A lot of their summer stuff is pure tack. That's why I stock up during the winter on all the decent stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

I love penneys but seeing as i'm large chested i always have to buy 2 sizes up and i find sometimes that they stretch in the wash.. maybe 40 degrees is too high?

• Advertisement

Yeah maybe try a lower temperature :)

Corb wrote: »
    Yeah maybe try a lower temperature :)

Ya but they always stretch........

Hoping for the best here!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I'm loving the Newry idea, definitely gonna head there when I get paid! :)

As for online Penney's, I can't imagine it! Their stores are always in havoc, it would take some managing to set that up on the interwebz!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Yes i agree Penneys online would be great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

i loveeeee penneys i love the cute lil shoes and accessories penneys is the best!!!!!:D

• Advertisement

Splashed out in penneys today... for 24.50 i got one boyfriend cardi, one jumper, 2 t-shirts, 1 hat, 1 ring, 2 belts and 2 necklaces...

What bargains!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'm loving Penneys for tops at the moment - I got a gorgeous stripey jumper in there for €12 on Monday, and there were tons of nice long tops for €6 (Only in size 10s though :grr:)

phasers wrote: »
    (Only in size 10s though :grr:)

Feel your pain! They had lovely tops reduced but only in sizes 8 and 18... boo...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Okay, there's a top I've seen in a few mags from Penneys and I've gone in a few times and can't find the feckin thing!!

It's a one shouldered, cream/peach coloured top and looks satin or silk like material. Anyone know what I'm on about or seen it in the shops?

I was on holliers last week and my friends kept saying "Where you get that?" and my reply was nearly always, Penneys..Penneys...Penneys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭cacio

Larianne wrote: »
    Okay, there's a top I've seen in a few mags from Penneys and I've gone in a few times and can't find the feckin thing!!

It's a one shouldered, cream/peach coloured top and looks satin or silk like material. Anyone know what I'm on about or seen it in the shops?

I was on holliers last week and my friends kept saying "Where you get that?" and my reply was nearly always, Penneys..Penneys...Penneys.

I think I know the one you're on about. Was it in Look and has a kind of bow detail? If so, I saw it in Galway on Sunday. I loved it in the magazine but didn't like it when I saw it. It's very see-through and doesn't look as nice I'd thought.

I saw a pair of over the knee boots and studded shoes in magazine s but can't find those. Reeally want them.

cacio wrote: »
    I saw a pair of over the knee boots and studded shoes in magazine s but can't find those. Reeally want them.
    I think I saw the studded shoes being put out in O'Connell St on Monday, I was amazed! gorgeous things.

I also saw a fab knitted blazer which I am so going back for (If they ever get any more of my size in, damn you size 10s! :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I think I know the one you're on about. Was it in Look and has a kind of bow detail? If so, I saw it in Galway on Sunday. I loved it in the magazine but didn't like it when I saw it. It's very see-through and doesn't look as nice I'd thought.

Yes, that's them!! Ah, boo to that. I hate when that happens.

I want to see these over the knee boots!I think a trip into town is on the cards for tomorrow (even though I will be a student offically in 2 weeks.... get the shopping in now while you can Larianne... yes!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

phasers wrote: »
    I think I saw the studded shoes being put out in O'Connell St on Monday, I was amazed! gorgeous things.

I also saw a fab knitted blazer which I am so going back for (If they ever get any more of my size in, damn you size 10s! :p)

What colour is the blazer?

The studded shoes are super cute but Pennys shoes never seem to fit me properly in one place or the other (size 7).

An online store that had some of the new collections etc would be awesome tho'.

BanzaiBk wrote: »
    What colour is the blazer?

The studded shoes are super cute but Pennys shoes never seem to fit me properly in one place or the other (size 7).

An online store that had some of the new collections etc would be awesome tho'.
    It was navy (I think,it's gone all vague now, I just remember liking it! :pac:)

Yep I always have to be careful with penneys shoes (size 8), soemtimes they fit like a dream then other times they're horribly tight...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

These studded shoes you speak of, are they the round toe flats with a few rows of metal studs all around? I saw a lovely pair in Dorothy Perkins but if Penneys are doing them, I'll get them in there! Are there any nice boots in at the minute? I love Penneys winter stock, can't wait to take a look.

• Advertisement

IzzyWizzy wrote: »
    These studded shoes you speak of, are they the round toe flats with a few rows of metal studs all around? I saw a lovely pair in Dorothy Perkins but if Penneys are doing them, I'll get them in there! Are there any nice boots in at the minute? I love Penneys winter stock, can't wait to take a look.

Yes they're very simialr to these http://www.dorothyperkins.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=20552&storeId=12552&categoryId=178025&parent_category_rn=51581&productId=1363200&langId=-1 but at a much better price.

The over-the-knee boots look really nice. Nice heel, round toe, leather look. They were advertised for £25 in Look last week.

Can't wait to find them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Colpriz

good for all ye gals..who can & will always look good no matter if your clothes are from pennys or somewhere really pluff. Us poor guys would look like a 2 euro deal if we attempted the same...save some socks & undies from urs truly Pennys! Its a woman's world!!

I buy guy's hoodies and cardigans in Penneys sometimes :pac:

They should cater more for guys though, it's nearly all ugly tshirts and those work jeans with all the pockets!

Hey just want to say that I got the over the knee boots in Penney's at the weekend.
    I love them! They're kind of suede material and fit so well. They look much better than most of the ones I've been looking at everywhere. And the only cost €21! I'm tempted to buy a second pair.

I still haven't seen the studded shoes I was on about though. Have many people seen these in the shop? I'm in Galway and I check every weekend but no luck. Really want them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Hey just want to say that I got the over the knee boots in Penney's at the weekend.
    I love them! They're kind of suede material and fit so well. They look much better than most of the ones I've been looking at everywhere. And the only cost €21! I'm tempted to buy a second pair.

Got any pics? They sound loverly!

Orlee wrote: »
    Got any pics? They sound loverly!

http://www.suite101.com/view_image.cfm/1023488

These are the boots. They're loose enough to wear over jeans but not too loose that they look baggy. Well, on me anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Penney's has come on in leaps and bounds lately! I had a pair of shoes on the other night and my friend said to me, "Ooooh, I bought those in Office a while ago too!".... Hers were a hundred euro and mine were twenty one and they look the EXACT same! Yay! :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Lady

http://www.suite101.com/view_image.cfm/1023488

These are the boots. They're loose enough to wear over jeans but not too loose that they look baggy. Well, on me anyways!

They look lovely! Just what Ive been looking for to get my Harleyquinn costume together for Halloween! :)

What other colours do they come in cacio?

Lady wrote: »
    They look lovely! Just what Ive been looking for to get my Harleyquinn costume together for Halloween! :)

What other colours do they come in cacio?

I only saw black and grey. They grey was nice too and I was thinking of getting them but black seemed safer for the moment.

I need to get a halloween costume sorted. I want something good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Major word of warning with those studded shoes...I bought 2pairs in Galway last month but the studs come out SO easy...I lost 2studs off one shoe and 3off the other in one night that was far from mad! i would advise maybe sticking some superglue or something under them just to be careful. I know they are cheap but still...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement