Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Payroll issue

Options
  • 29-05-2014 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi all,

Just looking for advice on a payroll issue I am having in work. Basically, I was paid last week and in error I received a payment for overtime hours I had worked in April instead of May, so I have received payment for an extra 80 hours (I had a busy month last month!). The gross extra payment amounts to around €1,370 but I would have recived the net amount after tax, PRSI, USC so around €660 approx would have been the net amount.

This has happened to a number of employees in the same department, we have been advised that the overpayment will be deducted over the next 2 months pay periods, which I have no issue with. But the wording on the communication we received is that it is the gross amount they will be deducting when in fact I would assume it is the net amount that should be deducted.

Could someone clarify what is the correct amount that should be deducted?

Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭verywell

They won't be taking €1370 cash off of you. My understanding is that it would be the nett plus tax deducted that they will recoup (i.e. as if it never happened).

• Registered Users Posts: 25,669 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

They will deduct the Gross amount, and then your tax will be re-calculated too, so that you end up with the right Nett amount. This is what they have to do so your tax amount works out right in the end.

Advertisement