Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When praying...........?

• 16-12-2007 8:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hello ladies and gentlemen how are use feeling on his glorious day?

Just wondering when use pray.....what do use concentrate on?
    Do use see the person that your praying to or do you concentrate on what you are praying for?

Its just that I am waiting on results regarding my health and have turned to Jesus as strength aswell as Saint Jude,Saint Antony,Saint Martha,Saint Therese, Mother Mary and all the angels and saints too to make sure I get the results that I deperately need.

But my life just feels more complete and im more happy and have an inner peace which is great because I use to be in a terrible state with worry and Jesus has shown me the light and brought me through which is something Im greatful for and appreciate life and have complete trust in Jesus that he will make sur everything will be right because I have great trust in him.
    Sorry for rambling on.

God Bless.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭ryoishin

Hey,

I pray when the mood takes me. Ive even been known to pray on the toilet (come on whos gonna quote the old testament about leaving camp to poo). I like the Jesuit exercises of prayer. Meditating on a Scripture passage and imaging that Im a certain individual (Jacob wrestling with the angel for example) and seeing what emotions, feelings that I go through. It can bring up whats going on in your life and helps to deal with it.

Heres a good prayer site http://www.sacredspace.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭BrianCalgary

I just focus on Christ and have gone as far to ask Him where He is in the room.

I also try my darndest to listen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Spyral

I argue.

Call God a 'cute hoor' (because he is)

sometimes just think and listen and be quiet

lots of different ways of praying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

packofpeas wrote: »
    Just wondering when use pray.....what do use concentrate on?
    Do use see the person that your praying to or do you concentrate on what you are praying for?

I focus on God and on what has been on my mind, I just pray as I go along as if I was talking to Him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Do you guys 'hear' a reply when you pray? Praying just isn't working for me right now because I know he's listening but I just don't know how I'm supposed to get a reply from him..to my problems etc. (I don't just pray asking for answers but it would help if I got something in relation to my problems)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Do you guys 'hear' a reply when you pray? Praying just isn't working for me right now because I know he's listening but I just don't know how I'm supposed to get a reply from him..to my problems etc. (I don't just pray asking for answers but it would help if I got something in relation to my problems)

Different people have different theories on how prayers are answered.

1) Through stream of conciousness technique. He will prompt you to think about something, thus solving whatever issue you have.

2) Through actions subsequent to your prayer.

3) This is the most rare I suppose. People hearing the voice of God personally and accepting what He is saying.

Advertisement