Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

S3 battery life issue

• 21-07-2013 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

The battery life in my unrooted S3 is pretty horrible!!! I would charge overnight and get 4-5 hours normal useage out of it....

I have the screen turned down, play music on my lunch 1-2 hours per day and some (not heavy at all) internet. Its gone so bad that I need to bring a charger to work!!!!

I have GPS off, turn off mobile data when not using. Its just disappoiting I cant seem to get through a full workday without charging....

Comments

• Have you tried an app like this to see if a rogue app is causing it?

If all else fails, a factory reset should solve it. If not, replace the battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Have you tried an app like this to see if a rogue app is causing it?

If all else fails, a factory reset should solve it. If not, replace the battery.

How would I check if its an app doing it? If I factory reset will I loose all contacts etc?

So I shoukd be getting better battery life anyhow yeah?

• How would I check if its an app doing it? If I factory reset will I loose all contacts etc?

So I shoukd be getting better battery life anyhow yeah?

I assume there is no obvious app using a lot of battery when you go to Settings -> Battery? If not, use the above app. Have a read of that thread to see how it works. It will check to see if any app is waking up your phone sporadically.

If that fails, factory reset it. Your contacts should already be backed up here (if not do so). You can backup apps etc. with an app like Helium. Once you factory reset, before restoring your apps, play with it for a few hours and see if battery life has improved. If so, you know it was an app and thus should either ony restore apps you are sure weren't causing it or restore none and start from scratch. If battery life hasn't improved, either try a battery optimized custom rom, replace the battery or complain to Samsung!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

How old is the phone and how long have you had it?

How old is the phone and how long have you had it?

About a year now id say, slightly less even? Ive done an app clearout and reset it again. Ill use the factory reset as a last resort

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭peewee_44

I have the s3 and recently had loads of prob with the battery life. It would take hours and hours to charge and then die in no time at all. After googling my prob I found people complaining about the usb charger that comes with it. So I used my old Blackberry charger and everything is far better. The battery lasts about 7-8 hours I know that don't sound like a lot but I do be on FB and playing games.

peewee_44 wrote: »
    I have the s3 and recently had loads of prob with the battery life. It would take hours and hours to charge and then die in no time at all. After googling my prob I found people complaining about the usb charger that comes with it. So I used my old Blackberry charger and everything is far better. The battery lasts about 7-8 hours I know that don't sound like a lot but I do be on FB and playing games.

Oh really????

Interesting..... herself just got an s4 so I might experiment wih that charger and see!

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭peewee_44

Oh really????

Interesting..... herself just got an s4 so I might experiment wih that charger and see!

I hope it helped you, I know its so annoying with bad battery

Advertisement