Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 7 repair / RMA

• 15-07-2013 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,292 ✭✭✭

Has anyone contacted ASUS directly with regard a Nexus 7 repair / RMA? My Nexus 7 won't charge anymore, about a month after first developing problems with the mini-USB port (had to insert the cable a special way to get it to charge since then). I'd rather go to ASUS directly if possible and might ring them tomorrow - anyone else do this and how speedy / painfree is the exercise?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

ionapaul wrote: »
    Has anyone contacted ASUS directly with regard a Nexus 7 repair / RMA? My Nexus 7 won't charge anymore, about a month after first developing problems with the mini-USB port (had to insert the cable a special way to get it to charge since then). I'd rather go to ASUS directly if possible and might ring them tomorrow - anyone else do this and how speedy / painfree is the exercise?

I've had the same issue with charging, I connect it then if I even touch it during the process it stops...So frustrating. I haven't used Asus repair though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,292 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I've had the same issue with charging, I connect it then if I even touch it during the process it stops...So frustrating. I haven't used Asus repair though.
    I sent it to Asus last week (they arranged for UPS to pick it up), they received it on Friday at 11am according to the UPS website. The ASUS RMA status checker is reporting that it hasn't been received by them yet, so I called ASUS a few hours ago, to be told it was repaired (the motherboard replaced) and shipped back to me last Friday, so to expect it tomorrow! I'm a bit doubtful on whether the guy, who did ask me to confirm my name, had the correct details of my Nexus 7 - I just can't see it being received at the service centre, repaired and sent out for delivery within a few hours, that seems impossible! Hopefully it is somewhere in the system though.

I sent it to Asus last week (they arranged for UPS to pick it up), they received it on Friday at 11am according to the UPS website. The ASUS RMA status checker is reporting that it hasn't been received by them yet, so I called ASUS a few hours ago, to be told it was repaired (the motherboard replaced) and shipped back to me last Friday, so to expect it tomorrow! I'm a bit doubtful on whether the guy, who did ask me to confirm my name, had the correct details of my Nexus 7 - I just can't see it being received at the service centre, repaired and sent out for delivery within a few hours, that seems impossible! Hopefully it is somewhere in the system though.
    Oh nice! Please let me know if it does come or if indeed it doesn't.
    I have some severe over-heating issues so may have to contact LittleWoods -.-
    What did you need to send off to Asus? Just the box and all it's original contents?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,292 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Ha, I knew it was too good to be true! There was a mix-up with the serial number I provided, so what was actually sent to me on Friday was a letter telling me that (and asking for me to stump up £35 for them to send the Nexus 7 back to me unrepaired!) - I called Triage Services (who actually repair the devices for ASUS) and they just changed the serial number on the RMA and will now proceed to try and repair it hopefully! Won't hear anything back for a few days though.

Ha, I knew it was too good to be true! There was a mix-up with the serial number I provided, so what was actually sent to me on Friday was a letter telling me that (and asking for me to stump up £35 for them to send the Nexus 7 back to me unrepaired!) - I called Triage Services (who actually repair the devices for ASUS) and they just changed the serial number on the RMA and will now proceed to try and repair it hopefully! Won't hear anything back for a few days though.
    £35?!! They've some head on them asking ye to pay that. I'm gonna ring LittleWoods today to try and send my Nexus 7 off to be repaired or hopefully replaced :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement