Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster FC in the English Premier League!?!?

• 10-06-2013 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi, I was wondering what would the general reception be for the creation of a Leinster (and Munster, Connacht, and Ulster) soccer teams with the goal of competing in the English Premier League someday? Obviously at first just in the lower leagues and hopefully working their way up. I seen on TheScore.ie site a creation of a leinster starting 11 team which wasn't half bad at all! And this hypothetical team limited by birth in the province which wouldn't be enforced.
    I am mostly wondering if these teams would garner enough support to make them a success. I feel they would for a number of reasons, which I will list.
    1: The very high potential support from the populations of entire provinces would inevitably make the eventual turnover of the team rival some of the bigger boys in England.
    2: The huge numbers of people willing to spend money to travel abroad to watch "their team" play "home" games already proves there would be a potential huge number of away day fans to back an Iirsh team.
    3: The un-ignorable rivalry with England would definitely garner support for an Irish team(s) playing. I would rather support Leinster FC rather than United anyway! Plus travelling down the road to see your team potentially play United or Liverpool at home competitively would be a big draw.
    4: A modern understanding of football economics would allow for a more sustainable approach to creating a long term successful football team. For instance experience has taught us Bayern Munichs setup allows for a very fan friendly club with low cost matches to see a high cost team conquer Europe.
    5: The benefits for the Irish international football team are obvious with a proper scouting and development system for the club(s) and in turn country.

Am I missing something very obvious here?!!? Should this not happen immediately!!! please give your two cents!:confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

...Am I missing something very obvious here?!!? ...

Yes. You're missing this. (Thread reported)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

This is going to be fun! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dan man

Mod note:

Thread closed.... soccer threads should be posted in the appropriate forum meaning you will need to gain access to the Soccer Forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement