Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I film in FX or FH

• 03-03-2012 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭

Hey all - I have Sony HD HDR CX570 that I need to do a small film project on. I am confused by the 4 settings for recording quality, 2 of which are FH (17M AVC HD) and FX (highest quality AVC HD 24M).

Reason would say film in the highest but from the little I can find online it says that you can't make AVCHD discs with FX.

All I need to do is burn the project to DVD eventually, at the same high quality as I recorded it. Being honest I can't see any difference between FX and FH played back on a computer. Would I make life easier for myself by recording in FH?

Many thanks

edit: another consideration would be the time it would take to edit - if I pick FX will it take much longer to process and work with in Final Cut Pro/ Premiere elements etc.?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

i've been pondering this for a while and still haven't got my head around it!!!

take a look at this site DVInfo.net has some discussion on the subject.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

I would always use the highest quality. The 24 setting will give you a bit more to play with when editing eg. Colour correction etc. and the footage will not break up in stressfull conditions for the codec eg a flag blowing in the wind.

Gerry

Advertisement