Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The 2012 PW Draft *Discussion thread - voting info post 2048*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

dont think the pre 1970 rule counts in the deceased stip round does it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Debut year is removed for this round

ok, that makes it a bit easier for me down at number 17.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I know have my eye on three choices, none to feud with Alberto but still big enough to improove my line up. If all else fails then we could see the first person to be drafted by me two years in a row!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭glenjamin

glenjamin wrote: »
    Damn you CMPunked! Was hoping no body would remember he was eligible. I'm guessing who BH's going to pick so I'm back to the drawing board.

I doubt you have my pick in mind so might be ok. In work on my phone now so I'll let d2d post mine still but I'm quite happy to get it and yeah Andre was the one I and probably most others expected

Can someone pm the next person for me too if their not online now and here to read this

Was thinking about Kowalski meself. Didn't know he tagged with Gorilla. Great pick. I'll throw mine up in a few mins.

Was thinking about Kowalski meself. Didn't know he tagged with Gorilla. Great pick. I'll throw mine up in a few mins.

I would have picked someone different to go with Kowalski too, not going to name him in case I want to pick him later.

• Advertisement

Pick made. Will send PM now.

Great pick by glenjamin Brodus vs Joe would be a awesome match up as good old JR would say a real slobber knocker

What the Huss?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Liked having Brody last year. Good pick. I'll stick mine up now.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

He was the one I though BH would pick. Was so close to picking him myself but went for Brody at the last minute because I know more about him than I do Misawa. You've disappointed a lot of people with that pick MNG. I reckon it'll be worth it though :)

• Advertisement

He was the one I though BH would pick. Was so close to picking him myself but went for Brody at the last minute because I know more about him than I do Misawa. You've disappointed a lot of people with that pick MNG. I reckon it'll be worth it though :)

Yeah I also thought BH would pick him but he had him last year so I guess he wanted to freshen things up a bit this year.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

If there was one thing the draft reminds me every year its that i know sweet fcuk all about japanese wrestlers. :o

CMpunked wrote: »
    If there was one thing the draft reminds me every year its that i know sweet fcuk all about japanese wrestlers. :o

Yep me too Misawa may aswell be called Misawho to me have to youtube it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Lots of interesting picks here. I have 9 guys left from my initial list with 7 still to pick before me. At least 4 of those I'd be delighted to get and another 3 would be good considering the fact I pulled no.20. The other 2 can easily play a novelty role in my federation. So not a bad round to pull no. 20. Hopefully never again though. :D

campo wrote: »

Was reading about him there - was sad the way he died. :(

It's good when people pick Japanese wrestlers - leaves more wrestlers I actually know available. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

what way are people planning this year?

Are you planning out in your head certain types of rivalries and then making lists of wrestlers who will fit the bill or are you just going for very definite wrestlers with a vague idea of what to do with them?

CMpunked wrote:
    If there was one thing the draft reminds me every year its that i know sweet fcuk all about japanese wrestlers.:o
    campo wrote:

That's what I like about the draft though because I think it helps you learn more about wrestlers outside the US, particularly when it's one you've drafted. I had no real idea how awesome women's wrestling was in Japan in the early 90s until researching picks prompted me to check it out.

I intend to watch a good few vids of Misawa during the course of the game to hopefully utilise him as well as I can and so it gives me an incentive to check out his work which I probably wouldn't have otherwise. (My retro watching tends to involve attitude era WWE, and lately early 90s WCW :))

Are you planning out in your head certain types of rivalries and then making lists of wrestlers who will fit the bill or are you just going for very definite wrestlers with a vague idea of what to do with them?

No specific rivalries here but have a couple of ideas for stories which don't need specific wrestlers but just ones that fit. Looking over my options for this round have a couple of ideas for whoever I pick.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Miracle violence connection is a top draft IMO especially having already kurt on board before the rd when most of the big names become available next.

Another note about moving up the deceased wrestler rd is that it has successfully broken up the tag team I picked in rd1&2 the past 2 years, though for a while I thought somehow it wouldn't

I'll stick up the rd3 draw when I get back from work which should be just before you guys start it assuming you've got it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

First off, damn you for picking Andre. Was tempted to go with him and create a "Giants" promotion :P

Tbh though, I'm not bothering to think of a gimmick until I see who I get in round two and three. I can't believe there's only two people left in front of me and I could still possibly get a big name, and I could genuinely feud the person I have in mind with Lesnar if I get really, really lucky. :D

(EDIT: Actually, I'm after sitting down and coming up with a list of five bigger names that could all do really well in a top tier feud, so I'm set now.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,030 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

fúcking hell.

i'd have taken a shít number this round for a better one next.

19 :(

to plans F, G and H for me.

No 1 pick, F*CK YEAH!!!

feel sorry for Volty though, he's not getting any luck

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

14 -_-

Well there goes my top 13 feuds....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

3!!!!!

**** yeah!!!!

No. 6 is good in the 3rd round. Means I'm guaranteed a star.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

9, not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

ouch on that placement. my money feud is gone out the window now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

18, 14, 17. I see a pattern emerging here

Voltwad wrote: »
    18, 14, 17. I see a pattern emerging here

It's a C-O-N-SPIRACY!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

15th, dammit. No way my preferred choice is available then, had a great storyline going through my head too.

Advertisement