Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Phone is saying "mobile network not available"...

• 21-07-2013 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a mobile for my daughter, it is a Vodafone Smart II.

I got it on Cherry Points rewards & unlocked it to use a Tesco SIM card.

It worked fine for a few weeks then it just started showing the message "mobile network not available" when she tries making a call or text.
    The signal bars on the top right of the screen have an 'x' above them.

It works fine in other areas...I have connected it to my home WiFi without any problems.

I have tried my own Vodafone SIM but it doesn't change.

The IMEI number when I dial *#06# matches the one under the battery.

I have also tried a factory data reset.

I have made sure airplane mode is off & 'data enabled' is selected in the Network Settings.

Network Mode is: "Preferred Network Mode: GSM / WDCMA auto".

I'd be very grateful of any advice on what to do as I know I won't make it to a Vodafone store for a few days :) Thanks!

Advertisement